Celebrity Drink Packages Question

TheBeatnik

My father and I are going on the Celebrity Equinox in January. He drinks enough to warrant buying the drink package, but I don't. I only have the occasional drink here and there. With Celebrity, I know both passengers are not required to get the drink package. That said, on other cruise lines, I've had the drink package and been able to order two drinks at a time. Would I be able to "mooch" off my dad's drink package? We're probably talking 4-5 extra drinks over the whole cruise.

No. You can’t order 2 drinks at a time. They do keep a close eye and I’ve heard that the drinks package will be cancelled without refund if you bend the rules. I’m sure someone will come along and say that they did this and got away with it. I wouldn’t want to risk it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you only want 4 or 5 drinks over the whole cruise, just purchase them. The beverage package also includes bottled water, soft drinks and specialty coffee's. If these are your drinks of choice it might be worth it to buy a non alcoholic package.

Any discounts on package for elite? or suite? also is there a limit on price of drinks? is there a limit on amount of drinks, normally do RCCL where limit is 12 to 14 dollars and no limit on amount of drinks, also does package ever go on sale like RCCL

Thanks, looking forward to 1st Celebrity cruise in 8 years , have sky suite on Summit

Any discounts on package for elite? or suite? also is there a limit on price of drinks? is there a limit on amount of drinks, normally do RCCL where limit is 12 to 14 dollars and no limit on amount of drinks, also does package ever go on sale like RCCL

Thanks, looking forward to 1st Celebrity cruise in 8 years , have sky suite on Summit

Drink packages are described reasonably well on celebrity's web site...there is a $ limit on drinks ($13 as I recall for premium, $9 for classic)...but no limit on the number of drinks you can have in a day. If a drink costs more than the limit, you pay the difference. There is a discount for some levels of captain's club....I believe it's 15% for elite plus. no discount for suites but unless you are on a repositioning cruise, you will have the premium drink package included.

Drink packages are described reasonably well on celebrity's web site...there is a $ limit on drinks ($13 as I recall for premium, $9 for classic)...but no limit on the number of drinks you can have in a day. If a drink costs more than the limit, you pay the difference. There is a discount for some levels of captain's club....I believe it's 15% for elite plus. no discount for suites but unless you are on a repositioning cruise, you will have the premium drink package included.

Thanks for info

Yes I laugh at this to read: Well I want to mooch off another, I want to bring my own booze disguise as water, take the towels or robes. What happen to being honest? If you really only drink 4 or 5 drinks for the trip even at $12 a drink, that would be cheaper than the drink package, so do that.