Live Journal – B2B Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires – Come Along For the Adventure

Jim_Iain

There is something planned all day. I will post a pix of daily. If too small to read email me via link in signature and I will email a copy.

Starting about 6 Mickey has a meetup in Constellation Lounge for details of the cruise.

Other things to do

7:00 -walk a mile

9:15 - Beyond The Podium with naturalist lecture

10:00 - Destination highlights with destination Concierge

10:15 - Spanish Fjord Q&A

11:00 - How to cook the perfect fish

12:00- Basketball free throw

12:30 Movie at outdoor theater

12:45 -Watercolor Class

1:30 - Matinee Showtime Sean O’Shea

1:30 Bingo

2:00 Food and Wine Pairing

3:30 Coffeehouse guitarist and vocalist

3:30 Movie

3:30 music trivia

Just a sampling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's awesome! thank you kindly. I am looking forward to Mickey's lectures and the naturalist's talks.

Heather

We are experiencing 20 foot swells today the arrow points to current location. Expected to last until we get back to the the inland passage way.

02c1196dbd27bf0e84b5cbdd556e657d.jpg

How exciting!!!!!! Loving these posts :D

Heather

We are experiencing 20 foot swells today the arrow points to current location. Expected to last until we get back to the the inland passage way.

02c1196dbd27bf0e84b5cbdd556e657d.jpg

Jim still following you, Marine Traffic site it's not tracking Infinity since December 11 5:28 AM after Puerto Montt departure.

Have a nice sea day

Dec 14. So close so far away

We are sitting in Punta Arenas today. Due to expected 30-50 Knot winds in a couple hours the port of call has been cancelled.

It is a beautiful day and greeted by a rainbow.

3c672c4b15f53b80cb7b28a1721a686f.jpg

a35067913073f1ec0225f0052cf397bc.jpg

e3d411a390ba31bfb320b100aa0d40a8.jpg

We are considering a San Antonio/Buenos Aires trip in the future. Is there a particular side of the ship that is better for viewing from your balcony such areas as the Chilean Fjords, Strait of Magellan or Cape Horn? Thanks for your reply.

We are considering a San Antonio/Buenos Aires trip in the future. Is there a particular side of the ship that is better for viewing from your balcony such areas as the Chilean Fjords, Strait of Magellan or Cape Horn? Thanks for your reply.

If you go West Coast to East Coast (Chile to Argentina) - then PORT side (ODD # cabins)

If you go East Coast to West Coast (Argentina to Chile) - then STARBOARD side (EVEN # cabins)

This way, your cabin will always be facing land. Noting above applies to cabins on sides of ships.

AFT cabins will have the rear view ...

They were saying the port side was best for entering the strait (but on our cruise it was foggy so really didn’t matter). For the horn starboard is suppose to be best. We are in CS starboard so will Update when we do the horn.

For the remainder of cruise really didn’t matter as we were far enough off the coast that you couldn’t see much.

This is current view out of our window.

4c4c197a30f0182e539316ac6f057725.jpg

Current position.

2e1048c2bc2a047b89e33826b55e1c34.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

According to Marine traffic Now you will sail to USHUAIA (Port)AR.png Country: Argentina (AR) during the day, arriving early.

25443332_2004998656409595_1354816917336258182_n.jpg?oh=8788d9b81c15c3f8e18dc529120424df&oe=5ACE57C6

You are correct. We set sail for Ushuaia around 08:00 and expected to arrive at 03:00. We are suppose to dock (fingers crossed).

We have been rewarded with beautiful views and mostly blue skies. It is really cold (near freezing and with heavy winds) we could only stay outside long enough to snap a picture.

abb7f1487de7be8895f6c1ec37897354.jpg

Nice view of glacier

9fb6df30fd0883ab05ff58689e55d9df.jpg

Thanks for all your updates, and I truly hope you make it to Uschuaia..

I think that this is the coldest part of the trip...at least I hope so!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We made Ushuaia and it is a beautiful sunny day. We are taking a National Park Hiking Tour today. Temp is around 38 and suppose to warm up to 50.

5dfaea57f9286174269a85efc82799b4.jpg

BTW as you can see we are docked. Yea.

We made Ushuaia and it is a beautiful sunny day. We are taking a National Park Hiking Tour today. Temp is around 38 and suppose to warm up to 50.

5dfaea57f9286174269a85efc82799b4.jpg

BTW as you can see we are docked. Yea.

Are you the only ship in port today...any other cruise lines? Is that why you were able to dock? Thanks!

12/15/17 - Friday Ushuaia Park Tour with 3 Hikes

We booked our tour with a group from CC with Tour guide Ushuaia. They say you can experience all 4 seasons in one day in Ushuaia and we experienced them all from warm sunny spots to a sleet storm while on our last hike.

We were happy to have received a dock space so did not have to tender. Finding our tour guide was easy and we were zipped away for our 30 minute trip to the park entrance. The guide provided a nice history of Ushuaia and the development of it's town and people.

FIRST HIKE " LOW DIFFICULTYTRAIL - 40 MINUTES LONG " :

We start the first hike at EnsenadaBay, taking part of the Shore trail, while enjoying the awesome views ofthe Beagle Channel and its wildlife. At this point it is possible to see theflag trees ( trees bent by the strong Pacific Ocean winds ). From there it is possible to observe the Murray Channel which was crossed by Charles Darwin and Captain Fitz Roy in 1830 when they discovered the Beagle Channel and interacted with the natives. It is also possible to get up close to archeological sites of8000 years old, where the natives used to build their shelters.

9e742f9573efec6c376055cec5cdad6a.jpg

325ee91ca1a836d4ac620ce688951e88.jpg

244a184a56ccf90402f07800032544da.jpg

355ca37f553308d660eef03e52f035a5.jpg

SECOND HIKE " LOWDIFFICULTY TRAIL - 20 MINUTES LONG":

We head towards Roca Lake, where guests can take a peaceful and charming walk around part of the lake, and part of Lapataia River taking magnificent photos. After a short stroll we will arrive at a coffee shop where you will be able to purchase hot chocolate and/or snacks while enjoying the panoramic view of the mountains, fforest and rivers.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Jim, now that you are in the south, I wonder about the Sun, how long is the day? Is it like in Norway that days get longer in summer?

Gerardo

Yes indeed the days are long. We are at the Horn today. Sunrise 04:37 and sunset 10:12 PM. Probably an hour additional twilight on each end.