Disembarking a day early when overnight docked

di T

We will arrive in Abu Dhabi on the 24th November but disembarking isn't until 26th. Does anyone know if there would be a problem leaving in the evening of the 24th to get a flight home. Hope someone knows as I want to get my flight booked. Thanks, Dianne

I wouldn’t think that would be a problem but would contact celebrity and get it in writing before you book the flight

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's what I have done just waiting to hear back from them.

We will arrive in Abu Dhabi on the 24th November but disembarking isn't until 26th. Does anyone know if there would be a problem leaving in the evening of the 24th to get a flight home. Hope someone knows as I want to get my flight booked. Thanks, Dianne

We had an overnight in Adu Dhabi at the end of our cruise last year and had a very!! early flight back to the UK on the final morning. We got up early and just walked off with bags at about 3am. We told customer relation of our plans but no issues.

There was also a line of taxis waiting and we were at the airport in less then an hour

So I can't see an issue but always best to check

Hope this helps

We had an overnight in Adu Dhabi at the end of our cruise last year and had a very!! early flight back to the UK on the final morning. We got up early and just walked off with bags at about 3am. We told customer relation of our plans but no issues.

There was also a line of taxis waiting and we were at the airport in less then an hour

So I can't see an issue but always best to check

Hope this helps

The issue is if I get the flight I was originally going to book it's very expensive so I thought we would get the one a day earlier even though we would loose a day of the cruise it was so much cheaper. Thanks Dianne

We have an overnight in Buenos Aires. We would like to catch a 6:00 am flight to the Falls. Anyone ever left early? Even around 3:00 am. Any insight would be appreciated.

In Buenos Aires you can’t walk through the port to get to the terminal. Shuttle buses pick you up as you get off the ship &. Take you to the terminal. You would need to make certain there would be shuttles running as well as the luggage X-ray machines- all luggage was checked as we were exiting the terminal.

That's what I have done just waiting to hear back from them.

Did you hear back from Celebrity? We are hoping to do this next year as well as we have a flight around 02.05 am back to LHR and it makes sense to get off a day earlier rather than wait all day for the next flight.

Cant see an issue as you sign off the ship everytime you leave. In this instance you just wont sign back on board before the 26th. The ship has your credit card details to meet any charges you may have. I would advise your cabin steward though as he can get your room cleaned up sooner rather than later

We did this a couple of weeks ago. We just informed them when we embarked and reminded them a couple of times during the cruise.

Great, thanks for advising. Not sure what time you disembarked at but were there taxis waiting or did you have to do Uber or something? Our flight is 02.50 am so we'd be leaving around 11.00 pm or slightly earlier.

Karen

Great, thanks for advising. Not sure what time you disembarked at but were there taxis waiting or did you have to do Uber or something? Our flight is 02.50 am so we'd be leaving around 11.00 pm or slightly earlier.

Karen

We had a flight at the same time. We had a pre arranged transfer. There weren’t many taxis about so maybe use uber.

We had a flight at the same time. We had a pre arranged transfer. There weren’t many taxis about so maybe use uber.

Thanks for confirming. As for the transfer, did you arrange it yourself? If you did, would you recommend them? I'd rather have something pre-arranged than take the chance on a taxi/uber being available.

Karen

Once upon a time a representative of Celebrity Cruises used to post on these boards. I remember them once saying that it is possible to disembark or even embark part way through any cruise but that you had to have express written permission from them.

So definitely ensure you have something from them before booking your flights. Though I really doubt it would be an issue. :)

Thanks for confirming. As for the transfer, did you arrange it yourself? If you did, would you recommend them? I'd rather have something pre-arranged than take the chance on a taxi/uber being available.

Karen

I.m sorry,it was all arranged by our tour operator. As for Mynki's post. Our tour operator asked Celebrity about early disembarkation and they told them just to mention it when we were on board.

We have done it before on numerous cruise lines. We have also disembarked ships multiple times for private excursions (Cambodia rejoining in Bangkok, Thailand to go to Angkor Wat, Lima, Peru re-boarding in Manta, Ecuador to go to Machu Picchu, and Mumbai, India re-boarding in Goa, India to go to Aurangabad and Ajanta and Ellora caves ) and met the ship and re-boarded at a different port.

There is a cruise deviation department that you contact at RCCL to notify, which we do every time. They send a letter that you bring to the ship.

When we left the ship (Azamara) a day early in Singapore we were told the deviation paperwork was not necessary since the ship was already docked and had cleared customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for your input! I heard back from Celebrity Captains club, they said it was absolutely fine to leave on the evening of the 24th! We have now booked our flight which leaves just after 2am on the 25th so we will book a taxi to pick us up after dinner.

It was so much less expensive to fly home a day early, I have printed out the email just in case. Dianne

Did you hear back from Celebrity? We are hoping to do this next year as well as we have a flight around 02.05 am back to LHR and it makes sense to get off a day earlier rather than wait all day for the next flight.

Hi, so you are flying back on the 25th? We could share a taxi if you want. I booked my flight with British Airways, Dianne