Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

I'm confused. I see pics on here of nice wooden cabana things. People say they are $100 an hour. Heard max 6 ppl. Saw list of what's included....

comes with the cabana:

The price includes:

*Air Conditioning in the cabana

*Golf cart too/from

*Cheese and fruit plates

*Bottled waters

*Sound system

*Bathroom with shower

*Outdoor showers

*Butler/concierge

On my NCL excursions booking page I see other cabanas. Look like white canvas? and say $330 for the day.

Can someone help me understand?

The description here is for the beach cabanas. They are the only wooden cabanas on Harvest Caye. We paid $475 Thanksgiving week and were allowed 8 people as NCL's webpage listed "up to 10" when we booked (and still when we sailed!).

The webpage has since been updated and they are now enforcing the 6 max rule, and I have heard prices vary depending on season and demand.

Oh, and there was no sound system that we could see/locate in ours. Could be that it's well hidden and we missed it as we did not ask. ;)

The white canvas cabanas by the pool are much less expensive, although I'm not aware of pricing and have not seen/heard anything confirming they could be rented hourly (although it would be a great $$$ opportunity for NCL. lol)

I gonna pass on this place, plenty to do on ship and I have nice beach days planned. I was looking foward to Belize but was unaware of the island thing.

Not gonna book this route again, unless something changes my mind.

:cool:

Edited by probuilder2007

I gonna pass on this place, plenty to do on ship and I have nice beach days planned. I was looking foward to Belize but was unaware of the island thing.

Not gonna book this route again, unless something changes my mind.

:cool:

If you're staying on-board, what could possibly change your mind? Seeing people high-five one another as they return to the ship? :)

I was on this route a couple weeks ago, and just rebooked it because of maya chan in costa maya and harvest caye. Both beautiful and worth the trip.

If you're staying on-board, what could possibly change your mind? Seeing people high-five one another as they return to the ship? :)

I was on this route a couple weeks ago, and just rebooked it because of maya chan in costa maya and harvest caye. Both beautiful and worth the trip.

Yes excellent review and photos, thx for that.

Well what could change my mind, maybe i get curious and step off, maybe I get over my butthurt and do a lookie loo. Not sure but I have booked onboard Mexican food at 5:30 so I know Ill be there.

I do a beach day and snorkel at Rotan, "Maya Key Retreat" awesome day at the beach, and I always, and I mean Allllways do Maya Chan. Highlight of my cruise.

So Seems like another same same just a tad bit more pricey for a cabana.

My butthurt comes from my own ignorance of this change, prolly a nice time but I always did other things in Belize, and this seems like the theme park choices, cept no opt out.

I do not mean to denigrate this experience, I just have other ideas, and there are other routes. NOLA was just my fav port cause of love for the city and proximity.

I'm sure all who attend will be happy, your pics and description were excellent and may yet peak my curiosity:o.

• 2 weeks later...

We just came off the Dawn and stopped in HC on Tuesday. We were off the ship quickly and were so excited (!!!) to find 9 chairs in a row between the beach and pool to accommodate all of us.

Then, the rain came. We were thankful for the sturdy umbrellas, as we all stayed dry as we waited for it to pass. Which it did after 20 minutes. For about an hour.

That hour or so gave us time to explore HC from end-to-end. Oh, how we wish we had more time!!!! We loved the Wildlife encounter, the bathrooms were IMMACULATE!!!!! the pool was beautiful, we loved watching the zip-liners, the sand was rough, but pretty. PLENTY PLENTY PLENTY of chairs. Friendly staff. We did not purchase food or beverages.

Then, the storms came and never relented. We stuck it out for a long time, giggling while huddled under our umbrellas. We tried going in the pool, but we were all too cold at that point. Bit by bit, our group made a run for it back to the Dawn. I stuck it out (alone) as long as I could, hoping for brighter skies. I ended up heading back and curled up with a book and an orange in the Thermal Spa instead.

Here are some photos:

IMG_8582.jpg.4ef922d33ee61ebd2c1cc38c6908d2f9.jpg

IMG_8591.jpg.f7464df632c27dcd54f04c5fe6108804.jpg

IMG_8628.jpg.9972a53dd00986d49181ff2cd32a91c9.jpg

IMG_8652.jpg.ed2623740bcc90b125ba5ed3253dc3c1.jpg

IMG_8605.jpg.c2c6f2772548d124af92846cd308a9f5.jpg

We just came off the Dawn and stopped in HC on Tuesday. We were off the ship quickly and were so excited (!!!) to find 9 chairs in a row between the beach and pool to accommodate all of us.

Then, the rain came. We were thankful for the sturdy umbrellas, as we all stayed dry as we waited for it to pass. Which it did after 20 minutes. For about an hour.

That hour or so gave us time to explore HC from end-to-end. Oh, how we wish we had more time!!!! We loved the Wildlife encounter, the bathrooms were IMMACULATE!!!!! the pool was beautiful, we loved watching the zip-liners, the sand was rough, but pretty. PLENTY PLENTY PLENTY of chairs. Friendly staff. We did not purchase food or beverages.

Then, the storms came and never relented. We stuck it out for a long time, giggling while huddled under our umbrellas. We tried going in the pool, but we were all too cold at that point. Bit by bit, our group made a run for it back to the Dawn. I stuck it out (alone) as long as I could, hoping for brighter skies. I ended up heading back and curled up with a book and an orange in the Thermal Spa instead.

Here are some photos:

Don't let my pictures fool you, I was there the same raining day. I think we on the same ship on NCL Dawn. I remember the guy with the red shirt in your pictures :)

P1140647.jpg

P1140654.jpg

P1140658.jpg

P1140671.jpg

P1140675.jpg

Yup back from Harvest Caye (29th Dec). It was superb, by far the best cruise line island we has experienced thus far. The thing that struck me most was that the place did not feel crowded despite 3000 people pulling up in the morning.

Sun lounger's and clamshell's aplenty.

To reinforce earlier posts, even NCL are currently mixing up their descriptions... but there are poolside cabanas - they wanted nearly $300 a day when we were there, these are canvas, have comfy chairs and some furniture but didn't seem worth it to us. The beach cabana/villas are permanent wooden structures with many amenities, have a cordoned off beach area and looked superb when we peeked! $500+ for those so probably only worth it for four or more people. Clamshells were $29!

The excursions appeared very well liked and parasailing seemed to go further out and go for longer than any we've seen at a beach resort.

Lot's to do, space to chill. It's not Belize tho, it's beach-disney.:cool:

I understand that we can pay with our Sign/Sail card on Harvest Caye but can we pay with cash if we want?

Thanks!

We didn't attempt to use cash... but I have every reason to believe that it will be gleefully accepted, since some vendors will only accept it!

:)

Interesting that the zip line was operational. I'll be there next week and I got an email from SHOREX last week stating that my zip line reservation is cancelled "due to operational needs". It was still showing available for my sailing on the website so I called to confirm the cancellation and was told that they were having too many problems and had to take it offline to correct safety issues.

Interesting that the zip line was operational. I'll be there next week and I got an email from SHOREX last week stating that my zip line reservation is cancelled "due to operational needs". It was still showing available for my sailing on the website so I called to confirm the cancellation and was told that they were having too many problems and had to take it offline to correct safety issues.

Hmmm, well nobody fell off while we were there but if they were having troubles it's prudent to slow down and fix them I guess. Certainly I can say people were whizzing around on 29th Dec and it looked great fun, head first across the beach!

Sorry if they have shut it down... but there are plenty of other things to amuse!

Not sure if it was in this thread or another... but someone there the first week mentioned it was shut down early due to multiple injuries.

When we were there first week in December, we saw several people getting "stuck" on the line going away from the beach, as if the line termination point was too high.

a628de0461491da14cb1866ff0d8bb4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We didn't attempt to use cash... but I have every reason to believe that it will be gleefully accepted, since some vendors will only accept it!

:)

Thanks so much. Trying not to use my credit card if I dont have to. Worse case, I pay wihh sign/sail and pay off charge at desk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great photos - you're right - you can hardly tell that yours were taken the same stormy day. :) I'm jealous that you zip-lined. We were going to, but decided against it when we saw the weather. They kept it running for quite some time!!

Suzy

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but can you do any catamaran tours from the private island? Like once you get off the ship are there any tour companies or even through NCL to offer a catamaran sail for a couple hours?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but can you do any catamaran tours from the private island? Like once you get off the ship are there any tour companies or even through NCL to offer a catamaran sail for a couple hours?

There is no method of getting off the island that does not involve paying NCL.

Just been on Dawn and stopped at HC. Really nice place, good beach, plenty of nice sunbeds, paddleboards, zipline (the guys are really good setting you up safely),KIDS WATER PLAY AREA, restaurant is good and you can overlook the large pool whilst eating if you go upstairs, Can also see ship from here. Some nice little shops, with some due to open soon. Very nicely set out. Best to enjoy it now while only open to NCL, as there are plans for other ships to dock there in the future. We enjoyed our time there, may not suit everyone.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...