Anyone booking for 2019 ?

Host Hattie

I’ve got my eye on the 21-day transatlantic round-trip that others have mentioned (M921A), but it’s a bit too early for me to make a decision and book. I’d love to do that trip though. It’s on my bucket list to sail into Liverpool (my home town) on Queen Mary, and to do a translatantic round-trip - this particular itinerary really appeals [emoji851]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We booked this cruise as we have sailed the world but never sailed into Liverpool. It will be a great cruise I am sure. Hope you book this AllieBallie.

Edited by maggiemou
Typo

We have booked Queen Victoria, V922, Mediterranean Highlights. Our first two cruises were with Cunard (Cunard Countess and Cunard Dynasty) but that was back in the early nineties so I was surprised to see that Cunard still have records of our Cunard Word Club membership. We have returned to Cunard in the hope that they can inject a little bit of the magic back into cruising for us.

We have booked Queen Victoria, V922, Mediterranean Highlights. Our first two cruises were with Cunard (Cunard Countess and Cunard Dynasty) but that was back in the early nineties so I was surprised to see that Cunard still have records of our Cunard Word Club membership. We have returned to Cunard in the hope that they can inject a little bit of the magic back into cruising for us.

I hope so too, enjoy QV.

Just booked QE902 Southampton to Cape town 3-19January 2019. Will then transfer to Oceania Nautical NAU190120 20 Jan-19 Feb Capt Town to Singapore. Anyone on either of these interested in starting a Roll Call?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We're booked on Mary from June 21-30, 2019 (Hamburg to New York). It's going to be a distant honeymoon (just married earlier this month) and also my birthday while on board at the same time, so couldn't have planned it better! This is going to serve as the extra-big cherry on top after visiting Iceland, Berlin and Hamburg for a couple of weeks, after which we visit New York for a week and head back home to Canada.

Hoping a roll call for this crossing comes to fruition soon so I can mingle with future fellow passengers!

We snagged a terrific deal on the Baltic May of 2019 in a PG. Price has since doubled. First time on Cunard, been on my bucket list. We've sailed mostly Celebrity, some RC, 1 Princess, 1 HAL, another HAL coming up May 2018, Rome to Amsterdam. So looking forward to the pampering everyone on CC has been talking about!

Booked the 2019 QV WC - FLL to NYC (QM2 from Southampton)!!!

First WC and first time on Cunard. Want to take a WC on a line that does it right....:D

Really like the itinerary - going places haven't been to, nice amount of sea days, no Suez Canal.

Have cruised a lot, longest was 30+ days.

Lots of planning to do. ;)

Safe sailing!

Just booked these today:

September 15 - October 4, 2019: NYC --> Southampton, Hamburg, LeHavre --> NYC (M929B) - 19 nights

October 4-18, 2019: NYC --> Quebec --> NYC (M931A) -- 14 nights

Booked a Princess Grill cabin -- traveling solo (yeah, I know) ...

I'm new to cruise travel -- just took my first ever cruise this past September (Holland America Amsterdam, 14 days, Seattle --> Alaska -->Alaska) and loved every minute, especially the sea days. By this time this back-to-back rolls around, I will have completed 3 more cruises ranging in length from 28 to 38 days each (two Holland America, one Regent Severn Seas). I won't be able to do this forever, so I'm trying to do as much as I can while I'm still physically able and have the means to do so. These itineraries hit a few more "bucket list" locations. Funny thing: most of the places on my bucket list are reachable via water. How convenient!

I keep asking myself "what have I just gotten myself into??" -- I'm not a very "formal" person, and I've heard ... rumors ... about how formal Cunard is. I'm hoping that my idea of "dress-up" (nice dress slacks and a fancy top with some bling) will be acceptable. I spent 32 years working in IT, and the dress code was distinctly ... casual. I figure wearing what I'd wear to a night of dinner and theater in NYC would work for this. I hope I'm right. ;)

It's almost two years away, so I have time to update my wardrobe if necessary.

Lana in Bellingham, WA

Just booked these today:

September 15 - October 4, 2019: NYC --> Southampton, Hamburg, LeHavre --> NYC (M929B) - 19 nights

October 4-18, 2019: NYC --> Quebec --> NYC (M931A) -- 14 nights

Booked a Princess Grill cabin -- traveling solo (yeah, I know) ...

I'm new to cruise travel -- just took my first ever cruise this past September (Holland America Amsterdam, 14 days, Seattle --> Alaska -->Alaska) and loved every minute, especially the sea days. By this time this back-to-back rolls around, I will have completed 3 more cruises ranging in length from 28 to 38 days each (two Holland America, one Regent Severn Seas). I won't be able to do this forever, so I'm trying to do as much as I can while I'm still physically able and have the means to do so. These itineraries hit a few more "bucket list" locations. Funny thing: most of the places on my bucket list are reachable via water. How convenient!

I keep asking myself "what have I just gotten myself into??" -- I'm not a very "formal" person, and I've heard ... rumors ... about how formal Cunard is. I'm hoping that my idea of "dress-up" (nice dress slacks and a fancy top with some bling) will be acceptable. I spent 32 years working in IT, and the dress code was distinctly ... casual. I figure wearing what I'd wear to a night of dinner and theater in NYC would work for this. I hope I'm right. ;)

It's almost two years away, so I have time to update my wardrobe if necessary.

Lana in Bellingham, WA

I’ve started a ‘roll call’ thread for the transatlantic round trip (M929B), you may want to join/watch the thread.

I would recommended one of the Normandy ‘D Day’ excursions for the day in La Harve - we went to the American sector this September, and the tour exceeded all expectations.

If you are a singer, note that the eastbound TA includes a passenger chorus rehearsing with the National Symphony & performing as part of. The last night’s concert. That was the reason we selected the round trip again for 2019.

I’ve started a ‘roll call’ thread for the transatlantic round trip (M929B), you may want to join/watch the thread.

I would recommended one of the Normandy ‘D Day’ excursions for the day in La Harve - we went to the American sector this September, and the tour exceeded all expectations.

If you are a singer, note that the eastbound TA includes a passenger chorus rehearsing with the National Symphony & performing as part of. The last night’s concert. That was the reason we selected the round trip again for 2019.

I just found the Roll Call about an hour ago. I had no idea when I booked this that the NSO was going to be onboard. I'll definitely look into the chorus -- I've been singing in various choruses since 1994 (most recently with Cantaré Vocal Ensemble in Seattle, WA, also as their composer-in-residence and assistant conductor), so I'll be VERY interested in the possibility of a choral experience onboard. My voice has deterioriated over the past few years, but I can still handle a solid Alto I or II. :D This is such a marvelous surprise! I'm thrilled!

• 3 months later...

Late to the party but finally have my plans in place:

QV 9 May Kiel to Southampton

QM2 12 May Brugges & Guernsney

QM2 19 May to New York

And

QM2 18 October NY to Southampton

A question for you, Host Hattie. Most of my Cunard travel is TA’s in conjunction with travel with other cruise lines. Normally, in addition to threads on each applicable forum, I do a thread covering the entire thread somewhere else (Often in the Maryland Cruisers Forum)

On my spring trip I will be returning from a Transatlantic on HAL’s Nieuw Statendam, a twin of the Koningsdam and Cunard’s yet to be named ship. With that in mind, do you think it would be appropriate to skip the neutral forum and cover the entire trip on the Cunard forum?

Roy

Late to the party but finally have my plans in place:

QV 9 May Kiel to Southampton

QM2 12 May Brugges & Guernsney

QM2 19 May to New York

And

QM2 18 October NY to Southampton

A question for you, Host Hattie. Most of my Cunard travel is TA’s in conjunction with travel with other cruise lines. Normally, in addition to threads on each applicable forum, I do a thread covering the entire thread somewhere else (Often in the Maryland Cruisers Forum)

On my spring trip I will be returning from a Transatlantic on HAL’s Nieuw Statendam, a twin of the Koningsdam and Cunard’s yet to be named ship. With that in mind, do you think it would be appropriate to skip the neutral forum and cover the entire trip on the Cunard forum?

Roy

Hi Roy,

I look forward to reading your reports next year and it seems sensible to have them on the Cunard board.

Have booked an eastbound crossing on the QM2 for the beginning of January. It's actually part of a 'no-fly 3 ships Christmas and New Year celebration'.

Actually the 'no-fly' bit is wrong as we need to get to Fort Lauderdale and back to New York and Amtrak was fully booked so we have had to fly both ways. Actually works out better as it gives us an afternoon and evening in Fort Lauderdale and 4 (not the original 3) nights in New York before returning home.

Trip is out on the QM2, down to FL where we pick up the Regal Princess for a 7 nights sailing then back to New York for the 4 nights before boarding the QM2 again.

We are booked for the Northern Lights on Queen Elizabeth in October. First time on Cunard for us and fulfilling a dream for me that started when I saw the 3 Queens in Liverpool for the firework and light show. That time I was on the Mersey Ferry, next time will be the real thing!

I am really excited and booked what I think is a terrific OV stateroom 6001 looking right out over the bow.