Alamo Shuttle from MIA to Miami Port ?

jackie101

Alamo provides free shuttle service from the Rental Car Center to the Port Of Miami. After dropping off the rental vehicle take the elevator up to the top floor. Exit the building and the shuttle is located near the main exit. No reservation is necessary and the trip to the Port Of Miami takes approximately fifteen minutes. Shuttle service to the Port of Miami usually begins around 11:00AM.

Alamo provides free shuttle service from the Rental Car Center to the Port Of Miami. After dropping off the rental vehicle take the elevator up to the top floor. Exit the building and the shuttle is located near the main exit. No reservation is necessary and the trip to the Port Of Miami takes approximately fifteen minutes. Shuttle service to the Port of Miami usually begins around 11:00AM.

thank you so much!!

• 1 year later...

About 1 year ago (my last cruise out of Miami), pickup from the ship began at 8 AM and they start on the NCL/Carnival end of the port and end on the Celebrity end. Not sure if that translates into an earlier time taking arrivals from MIA to the cruise port or not.

The shuttle was very efficient. Living in Alabama, we usually do one-way drops using National/Alamo, always with free days I have with National. No luggage restrictions and no weekly parking fee.

Edited by Jason26

We are returning a car the morning of the cruise, is it better to drop off one person with the luggage at the port, about 9 am or suck it up and drag the luggage around while dropping off the car? I would try to find corner to stay out of the way!

Music - I've done both in the past....

The car rental shuttle has a luggage rack on it.

The one time we dropped off luggage before hand, it added about 1.5 hours to the time needed to board the ship as opposed to if we had just dragged the luggage on the shuttle.

Music,

If you do drop off the car first at MIA, before dropping anyone at the ship, some things to consider. You will drop the car off at the Alamo or National car area on the ground floor of the car center parking deck. You will have to carry all of your luggage (there are luggage carts for rental next to the drop off area) from the drop off area, about 100 feet to the elevators. You then go up to the top floor of the rental car center (5th or 6th floor), where the buses pickup. The shuttles are full size buses and can accommodate 30 to 40 full size pieces of luggage. My wife and I, along with my teenage daughter, had 4 large bags, 2 backpacks and a carry-on.

The driver of course will assist with luggage. When the bus drops off at the port, they will unload within a matter of feet where the luggage porters accept luggage.

Bottom line, if you can handle your own luggage, you can save time by dropping off the car first. If not, best to drop off at the port beforehand.

• 4 months later...

Hello!

Can anyone tell me the approximate time the cruise line begins taking luggage? If we wait until we can do the drop off, my husband and I could then return the car together. Or we could return the car with our luggage and take an Uber to the Port. From websites I've seen, it is a little less tan $20.

Another question, Does anyone know what the tolls are from the airport to the Port via Fl-836? We are staying at the Hampton Inn at the Airport and since we would do this twice if we drove to the Port, it may just be easier to drop off car and go to Port either by shuttle or Uber.

Any thoughts on this?

So when leaving the ship there won't be a shuttle to MIA Alamo until approx. 11.15?

Unless you have a special status to stay on the ship late, the latest you can usually stay is 10:00 AM and they want you out of your cabin by 8:00 AM or 9:00 AM depending on the cruise line. Most cruise line want to clear the ship by 10:30 AM so they can start boarding the next group of guests.

Edit: I misread your question. Yes, the shuttle from the POM to MIA Car Rental Facility will begin running continuously early in the morning.

We are returning a car the morning of the cruise, is it better to drop off one person with the luggage at the port, about 9 am or suck it up and drag the luggage around while dropping off the car? I would try to find corner to stay out of the way!

If dragging your luggage from the rental car return, to the elevator, out the door to the rental car shuttle is a hassle, then you might be an over-packer. :D

Hello!

Can anyone tell me the approximate time the cruise line begins taking luggage? If we wait until we can do the drop off, my husband and I could then return the car together. Or we could return the car with our luggage and take an Uber to the Port. From websites I've seen, it is a little less tan $20.

Another question, Does anyone know what the tolls are from the airport to the Port via Fl-836? We are staying at the Hampton Inn at the Airport and since we would do this twice if we drove to the Port, it may just be easier to drop off car and go to Port either by shuttle or Uber.

Any thoughts on this?

Yes, drop the car, take your luggage up the elevator and get on the free shuttle to the POM. It's just that easy. No need to overthink it. Personally, I would arrive early as all you will do is sit and wait. I usually don't arrive at the port until about 2:00 PM for a 4:30-5:00 PM departure.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So once we get off of the ship, how do we get to the Alamo shuttle? We will be renting a car at Alamo MIA.

Will there be obvious signage coming off the ship, or do we need to know where we are going ahead of time? Also, I'm assuming that once we are off the ship, we will have our luggage in our possession and can take it on the shuttle with us? Never cruised before, so I feel clueless here!

The shuttles circle the terminal area and will pull over when you flag them down. Alamo and National are owned by the same company so they share the shuttle. Before you enter the shuttle for the fifteen minute ride back to the Rental Car Center which is located directly across from Miami International Airport some shuttle drivers will ask to see your rental car reservation. Most shuttles will stop at each terminal until they have a full load of passengers before they head back to the Rental Car Center. Shuttle service normally begins around 7:00AM at the Port Of Miami.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did this last week. off the ship at 7am, no Customs officials in terminal (never saw that before), Alamo bus waiting, departed for airport about ten minutes later with only four people. Driver did ask to see reservation. Very easy.

Yes, but it's only for those that have dropped off rental cars from Alamo, Enterprise, National and Thrifty.

Thank you for this information. I am using Thrift and I was just going to grab a Lyft to the port but this is much simpler, and cheaper. :-)

• 1 month later...