Impressed: Service Recovery Post QM2 Short Trip.

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:39 PM.
Kent, UK.
902 Posts
Joined May 2011
Hello!

I had a very nice call from Cunard today.

My trip a few weeks ago on the QM2 really knocked my socks off and I, as well as my friends, are well and truly hooked, and are looking for something else to book already.

Apart from the issue with our Butler, which we did not allow to taint our view of the line or the impressive ship, I did have an issue with my return flight from Hamburg to Heathrow. When the sailing was booked, QM2 was due into Hamburg early in the morning, as standard, meaning I could take an early afternoon flight back to London, great! However, my friend who lives in Hamburg sent me an e-mail the day before we were due to leave Southampton, saying he would be on the river bank to see us come in to the city. When I asked why he would be there so early in the morning, he then told me that QM2 was not due in to Hamburg till 13:00... My BA flight was due to depart Hamburg at 14:20

I had a mini heart attack and then called Cunard. He was correct. Due to Aida having a naming ceremony of their new ship that day, we had been pushed back... However, no one had told us.

I had to change my flight, which cost me €70 and contacted Cunard to ask if this was something that could be refunded etc... Well, today, I had a lovely call from a lady who expressed her apologies for the situation, and that they should have advised people of the change of itinerary, and that was a mistake.
In my initial communication, I did say how much I had enjoyed the short voyage and it had left me still, with a great impression of Cunard, and could not wait to get back onboard the QM2 etc... The lady said that she would be more than happy to send me a cheque to refund me the cost of changing my flight, or (and I was hoping I would be offered this as an alternative!) she would be happy to credit a future cruise I may wish to book with an agreed amount of onboard credit if I would prefer. At this point, i informed the lovely lady that I had a booking made for October, and would be more than happy to accept the onboard credit option for my upcoming Transatlantic Crossing.

I was offered $150, which works out to be worth around €120, which I thought was VERY generous, and agreed with the proposal there and then.

So, with a wonderful 2 day trip, followed by some great service recovery, Cunard have just lodged them self more firmly in my good books!

Well done Cunard!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
T5LHR

Cunard - QM2 - May 2012 - Southampton to Hamburg
Cunard - QM2 - October 2012 - Southampton to New York
Cunard - QM2 - January 2015 - New York to Southampton
3,596 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Well done Cunard. What excellent service.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Queen Mary 2 - Westbound Trans-Atlantic - Sailed on October 1st, 2010
Pacific Dawn - White Cloud Wonders - Sailed on November 19th, 2011
Queen Mary 2 - Royal Circumnavigation of Australia - Sailed on February 14th 2012
Queen Mary 2 - Singapore to Brisbane - Sailed on February 9th 2013
Queen Elizabeth - New York to Sydney - Sailed on January 10th 2014
291 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Originally posted by Whitemarsh
Well done Cunard. What excellent service.
While I am delighted that T5LHR had a good outcome I don't think we should go overboard in praising Cunard for what is, or should be, the basic standard of service from any company who make a hash of one's arrangements. The problem is that we have all become so used to the high handed attitude of service providers in general that even the barest minimum of courtesy and common sense induces a sense of euphoria. Now had they offered a free 5 day cruise - well - that would be something to crow about. Getting your own money back with a couple of quid extra .....
Shiny

Surrey UK
7,369 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by shinyshoes
While I am delighted that T5LHR had a good outcome I don't think we should go overboard in praising Cunard for what is, or should be, the basic standard of service from any company who make a hash of one's arrangements. The problem is that we have all become so used to the high handed attitude of service providers in general that even the barest minimum of courtesy and common sense induces a sense of euphoria. Now had they offered a free 5 day cruise - well - that would be something to crow about. Getting your own money back with a couple of quid extra .....
Shiny
They are offering an extra 75% above his costs to be fair to them, which isn't too shabby. I think a little celebratory jig might be appropriate rather than a full blooded ceilidh.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

E: [email protected]

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.

John Masefield

My blog can be found at http://thecapnpugwash.wordpress.com/

QE2 1 cruise 7 days
QM2 41 Transatlantics c263 days
QM2 5 cruises 38 days
QE 5 cruises 46 days
QV 6 cruises 74 days
P&O 8 cruises 135 days
Celebrity 1 cruise 12 days
RCIL 1 cruise 18 days
NCL 1 cruise 14 days
Fred Olsen 2 cruises 26 days
MSC 4 cruises 55 days
HAL 1 cruise 7 days

Future trips
291 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Originally posted by capnpugwash
They are offering an extra 75% above his costs to be fair to them, which isn't too shabby. I think a little celebratory jig might be appropriate rather than a full blooded ceilidh.
Well OK Cap'n. Note to self - Must stop being a grumpy old sod!
SS
Surrey UK
7,369 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by shinyshoes
Well OK Cap'n. Note to self - Must stop being a grumpy old sod!
SS
PMSL, that phrase was in the back of my mind...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

E: [email protected]

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.

John Masefield

My blog can be found at http://thecapnpugwash.wordpress.com/

QE2 1 cruise 7 days
QM2 41 Transatlantics c263 days
QM2 5 cruises 38 days
QE 5 cruises 46 days
QV 6 cruises 74 days
P&O 8 cruises 135 days
Celebrity 1 cruise 12 days
RCIL 1 cruise 18 days
NCL 1 cruise 14 days
Fred Olsen 2 cruises 26 days
MSC 4 cruises 55 days
HAL 1 cruise 7 days

Future trips
Sussex,UK
311 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Great result T5...I too had some great service recovery after a lengthy complaint..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

[url=http://www.cruisecritic.com]