Underwater camera with WiFi

do you want a camera that can get wet

or a true underwater camera suitable for diving ....

http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-535/168466/Sealife-Micro-2.0-WiFi-64GB-SL512.html

Sealife Micro 2.0 WiFi 64GB SL512

rated for 200 feet

$550

how about a housing for an iPhone 6 good to 200 feet

http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-535/168481/Watershot-PRO-Housing-for-iPhone-6---6s-Plus.html

Edited by Capt_BJ

do you want a camera that can get wet

or a true underwater camera suitable for diving ....

http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-535/168466/Sealife-Micro-2.0-WiFi-64GB-SL512.html

Sealife Micro 2.0 WiFi 64GB SL512

rated for 200 feet

$550

how about a housing for an iPhone 6 good to 200 feet

http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-535/168481/Watershot-PRO-Housing-for-iPhone-6---6s-Plus.html

Just a waterproof, for snorkeling etc.

What's the best underwater camera that also has WiFi? Anyone have any experience with these, or favorites?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

The Olympus TG4 has WiFi. You might look up reviews as to how well it's WiFi works.

I use my TG4 for when I am in the water (ocean or pool), on the beach, rainy weather (where I don't want to chance my regular camera getting wet) and anywhere I don't want to carry a SLR as the TG4 is small enough to fit in a pocket or purse.

We have a Nikon Coolpix AW130 that takes great pictures underwater. This is our first underwater camera and we are happy with it. It has WIfi and GPS so it you can geo tag your pics too plus while underwater it has a depth gauge 68fdca996fb719a9a87d5586fdeb2c41.jpg

May 2010-Carnival Splendor 7 night Mexican Rivera

April 2011Holland America osterdam 7nt Mexican Rivera

Nov 2012 holland America westerdam 7nt East Carib

May 2013 holland america volendam 7nt Alaska

August 2014-Carnival Dream-7nt Western Carib

January 2015-Carnival Miracle-15nt Hawaii

April 2016-Carnival Dream-7nt Western Carib

Nov 2016-Holland America Oosterdam-11nt Panama Can

The Olympus TG4 has WiFi. You might look up reviews as to how well it's WiFi works.

I use my TG4 for when I am in the water (ocean or pool), on the beach, rainy weather (where I don't want to chance my regular camera getting wet) and anywhere I don't want to carry a SLR as the TG4 is small enough to fit in a pocket or purse.

I second this comment - I love my TG4!

Following this thread as I'm looking to upgrade. I have an older Coolpix that's waterproof from 2012 probably and it does not have wifi. We own a GoPro but they really are not for stills. If anything we sometimes just do screen grabs from videos for pictures - they come out awesome! But really would like a small camera with wifi that I can get wet but easily transfer pics so I can leave my phone in the safe as much as possible:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Following this thread as I'm looking to upgrade. I have an older Coolpix that's waterproof from 2012 probably and it does not have wifi. We own a GoPro but they really are not for stills. If anything we sometimes just do screen grabs from videos for pictures - they come out awesome! But really would like a small camera with wifi that I can get wet but easily transfer pics so I can leave my phone in the safe as much as possible:)

What GoPro model do you own? I have the Hero 4 Black and it does a great job of taking photos. GoPro's Quik software allows you to capture images from video, but there is also a photo setting with some very cool features (burst and various lens settings). The only downside is that I cannot view the photos as I take them. Some models do allow for this with use of the GoPro LCD BacPac mount.

I also have a waterproof Coolpix, and to be honest, I haven't used it since buying the GoPro. It really is very versatile.

What GoPro model do you own? I have the Hero 4 Black and it does a great job of taking photos. GoPro's Quik software allows you to capture images from video, but there is also a photo setting with some very cool features (burst and various lens settings). The only downside is that I cannot view the photos as I take them. Some models do allow for this with use of the GoPro LCD BacPac mount.

I also have a waterproof Coolpix, and to be honest, I haven't used it since buying the GoPro. It really is very versatile.

We have the HERO Session and it does do an amazing job with photos - but it's mostly my hubby's toy. He likes to make videos for every vacation we go on (he is a video journalist by trade) so he basically hogs the GoPro on trips :rolleyes:

I just want a little something for myself while he is using the GoPro

I have both the GoPro 3+, GoPro Hero 5, and Nikon AW-130. Hubby uses the Hero 5 to capture videos of our snorkeling adventures. I use my Nikon to capture pictures of underwater marine life. If I want video, I use the GoPro. The Nikon AW-130 does an awesome job and also has WiFi. Checkout my fish photos on my blog (under Costa Maya and Cozumel).

• 2 weeks later...
Olympus tg 870 having a beeping/clicking noise during video playback

I have the TG3 and I have noticed that with my video. To me, its not enough to be a real pain though.

The wifi is a great feature. You do need to get the Olympus app. It pairs with your phone so you can import pictures, and you can use your phone as a remote, so no need to set the timer and race to get in place. :) Just push the button on your phone when you're ready. You do have to be creative to hide the phone if you don't want it in your pic, but its worth it. There are also editing features in the app.

I absolutely love Olympus Touch cameras. I would agree with others on the TG4. (I have 2 of the Tough 620's, 1 of the 830 and the TG4). They take amazing pictures both above and below the water. (I do all of my reviews with these cameras and most people rave about the awesome pictures). :)

I do have to say that the actual macro function of the TG4 is AMAZING! Nothing like the "fake" macro function on my 620 or 830...which to me isn't a true macro IMO.

PB182327%20copy-L.jpg

If you want to check out any of my other pictures, look at some of my reviews in my signature line. They were basically all taken with the Olympus.

For the TG 4, look at my Epic review. That entire cruise was done with the TG4...including the snorkeling and scuba pictures. :)

• 3 months later...

I purchased a Nikon Coolpix 130 a few years ago for underwater photography. It doe an excellent job in wet conditions. It is not quite as good as my Rebel T5i overall. But it does take nice photos. Here are a few examples:

DSCN0517_zpssnirakmo.jpg

DSCN0483_zpshkamzphw.jpg

DSCN0263_zpsezwkchjb.jpg

DSCN0670_zpsujwkuclq.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Agree with all the TG4 votes. Absolutely love mine. Great shots above and below water. Wifi a bit quirky to set up but I called support and they helped me and now it works like a charm. I have really tried to like the GoPro, but hated both that I bought and returned both. Just my personal opinion. I know lots of people love GoPro and that's cool, but not at all for me.

Olympus TG-5 is now out. The TG-4 had gotten difficult to find for a while. I got the TG-5 at Best Buy, free fast 2 day shipping in time for my upcoming trip. Also available at bhphotovideo.com but not yet on the olympus site or amazon oddly enough. Haven't had much chance to shoot much, but it has some very cool features, like 4k video, microscope mode, focus stacking and procapture, which starts taking sequential shots before you actually press the button and RAW capture. It has wifi, which I haven't tried on it, but it works on my other olympus camera, the EM10 mark ii.