Who Is Going On Silver Shadow For 10 Days Leaving FLL On November 22, 2009?

cechase

I have just booked a veranda suite on Silver Shadow departing Fort Lauderdale for 10 days on November 22, 2009. Understand that we will be having Thanksgiving at St. Thomas, USVI.

Am a solo passenger, and my reason for taking this particular cruise and on the Shadow is that our last cruise with my dear late wife was on Silver Shadow in December of 2006. I lost her this past January. On that cruise we had a Silver Suite and she so much loved it and all of the people that we met. Particularly, Marilyn who hosts the Bar and her assistant the very nice young man, Jason.

Hope to chat with any of you who are on this wonderful ship with an absolutely wonderful crew.

Charlie

Charlie

Looking forward to seeing you on board the Silver Shadow. This will be my third Silversea cruise--and you are right--its the wonderful people that make it such a special experience.

I'm sure the voyage will bring back some fond memories for you--and there will be some interesting new people to meet.

Thanksgiving in the Virgin Islands sounds about as good as it can get.

Prince

• 2 weeks later...

Goldens4: Thanks for the heads on the fare reduction! With such a great savings--I think I'll spend a few extra days at the Ritz Carlton before and after the cruise!

Prince

Glad I could help. We will probably stay at the Lago Mar Resort again. We stayed there last year and really liked it. We booked a Jr. Executive Ste. and it was huge. We had a large living room, large bedroom, 2 balconies, and a small kitchen stocked with dishes, etc. small sink, micr. and coffeepot. We met another lady from Toronto that was staying there before the cruise in a standard room and she was pleased also. If you need a name of a good Limo service, let me know. We used last year and were very pleased. They have SUVs which accommodated ALL our luggage. They are prompt and their service is excellent. We are driving this year so do not need.

We are considering this November cruise on Silverseas. Does Silverseas provide Air/Sea transfers? We are so happy with Crystal Cruises, however, this seems so enticing. We would appreciate any insights from those who have been on both lines. Thanks much

We have not been on Crystal but we did just return from our first cruise with Regent on the Navigator. We have been on Silversea before and decided we should have stayed with them. The Shadow is a great ship and the crew always remembers us when we return. We look forward to meeting everyone.

Joe

my advice would be to book your flight yourself; theres a website called sidestep which will show you all the flights from L.A. to FLL. go in a day or 2 early amd you will save your self a ton of $$.As far as Crystal vs. SS; much smaller and intimate; better shows on Crystal but that's about it .I will be on the Shadow in Aug. to Alaska ,mt 6th time on SS and for my money there is nothing better,and if the economy improves I will be on your cruise also. you cannot beat the caribbbean for weather !

This sailing is on our "potential" list. ;)

We are currently scheuled to go on the Paul Gauguin in October - but it looks like my partner has to take a state license exam over the dates we will be gone. So, we are looking at alternatives. This would be great because it covers the holiday and his birthday (plus the pricing seems pretty spectacular). We are considering this one and the 11/29 SeaDream sailing. I know - two very different products. We have never sailed on Silversea - a little concerned that it may be too formal for what we are used to on vacations (we have gotten used to not wearing ties living in Seattle).

We'll see what our TA comes up with for us on Monday.

We where thinking of doing early embarkation, is it worth it,never celebrated thanksgiving, what does it entail,looking forward to meeting you all, we arive from uk 2 days before stopping in embassy suites as hubby likes outback steak house have not got them at home and we walk there, also irish pub across the street.

Early embarkation is wonderful. You can have a lovely lunch on board. Usually your luggage arrives way before everyone else, so you have a headstart on unpacking and can relax before the Bon Voyage party.

You'll enjoy Thanksgiving. Our standard fare is turkey, dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce, etc. However, if turkey is not to your taste, I'm sure there will be many other choices for you.

Looking forward to meeting you. Is this your first SS cruise to the carribean?

We have always done the early embarkation, unpack, enjoy the pool area, wife is able to make spa reservations and then let the vacation begin. This will be our first Thanksgiving away from home but I'm sure there will be plenty of turkey for everyone.

Brits,

If you want a change of pace, Chuck's Steak House across from Embassy Suites has excellent food. We will be there on Saturday, November 21st, for dinner. Everyone is welcome to join us.

Joe

• 1 month later...

Just got done reading the thread on Children on Silversea. All I can say is great job to everyone and what a response from Silversea. I have brought my children on our cruises, Princess and Holland America, but speaking from experience, children on any of the Silversea ships would be bored out of thier minds. The mass market cruise lines cater to families because of the size of the ships.

Look forward to meeting everyone soon.

Joe

Joe, thanks for being a smart and considerate parent. I'm with you about kids being bored. There is really no place on the Shadow or the Wind, for them to run, climb, etc. to burn off energy. Looking forward to meeting you in Nov.

• 2 months later...

Archived