Half Moon Cay cabana map

dotcomgirl

I read in a review that you can not use the cabanas until after 11:00 because the attendants are setting it up. Is this true? We leave HMC at 2:30 and I don't want to pay $400 for 3 1/2 hours. Anybody know if this is accurate. Thanks

I read in a review that you can not use the cabanas until after 11:00 because the attendants are setting it up. Is this true? We leave HMC at 2:30 and I don't want to pay $400 for 3 1/2 hours. Anybody know if this is accurate. Thanks

Absolutely not true. We were in our cabana at 9am or shortly thereafter our last two times there. As most of the visits I am aware of start at 8am, this would be, to say the least, somewhat absurd.

Now if there was some issue with getting ashore that delayed things, that would be another subject. Was there some other issue we aren't aware of here?

Edited by CruiserBruce

Completely false. We have been ashore on the first tender many times, we were usually there before the cabana had been stocked, Not a problem, a crew member will stop by and stock your refrigerator and bring snacks.

Make yourself at home. Stay until the last tender, be warned, if you stay that long lines can be very long.

Edited by Typhoon1

• 1 month later...

Thanks... I have not been to HMC since the addition of the pirate bar/villas and whatever is new. We have had a Cabana both times and loves it. We where near the massage place from what i remember. It was nice to have restrooms close by. Looks like if we go further down restrooms are still close. I love the cabana but i do admit in a way I wish we did not have it as I have never explored the island. I also wish Cheers was available!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It's my understanding there are 2 areas for kids on the island. One has a couple of water slides and the other is more of a park/ playground with a wooden structure and swings and such.

Does anyone know where this park/ playground is located? is it the area behind Cabana #4 on the map?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Thank you so much for this map. It really helps me out for our cruise in June. I booked our cabana online through carnivals shore excursion website and will be going to the shore excursion desk first thing on the ship to request 7 or 8!!!!

• 3 months later...
Thanks for posting this! I just read about them and was wondering where they were and how they looked.

No problem. We got back recently and were really happy with the park, called Club HAL on all the maps. It was a little past the eating pavilion and even had a few picnic tables and shade.

Though our ship had many children, it was nearly empty.

Our child liked it better than the little waterside park which was pretty pitiful.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks for all this info, we are jus too older folks who would like to swim and have the ship food I think they provide a bbq? we probabley will not stay long and would love to just meander off the ship when we want. Am I day dreaming that this could work? just need shade really. Although the cabanas sound so nice its just the two of us..any more advice appreciated...I do not liked to be crowded so a thinking we should walk aways? or just grin and bear it?