Openings between balcony - Harmony

FLHokie08

We have a group traveling together and wanted to be able to open the balcony doors between rooms to enable us to go from room to room via the balcony.

Are all adjacent “neighborhood” (boardwalk/Central Park) balcony rooms able to connect to each other via the little side door on the balcony? Or are there some that cannot be opened? If so, how can I tell on the map what can open and what can not?

Thanks in advance!

The balcony partitions can be opened on Harmony, pending approval of ship's management. There's no publicly available map that will tell you if there are partitions that cannot be opened, for example if a pair of balconies are in two different fire zones.

On our last cruise on the Harmony the door between the neighbor and our balcony opened on it's own while we were out there. As I was reclosing it I happened to notice a strange pipe on their table. I'm not saying it was what I think it was but I've seen enough of them to know what they generally are used for. We never smelled a thing though. I didn't rat em out but did tell our room steward the door was open.

Actually, on the deck plans, there is a thin "white space" where the "fire doors" are....if one cabin is on one side of that, and the other is on the other side of that white line, don't count on balconies connecting.

Please show me the thin white line that you are talking about...oh wait...you can't because those thin white lines don't exist on Harmonys deckplans. :rolleyes:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/harmony-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1725/12

Our crew always books cabins in a row. We do open the doors during the day.....provided its not a windy day. And we do close them at night. I've heard on Harmony that the process is easy. We'll be on Harmony in March. On other RCL ships with partitions that opened, there is a latch system to allow them to stay open. In high wind though, they flutter in the latch and make an irritating noise. So just watch your weather days and it makes for a nice expansive balcony.

PS....GO HOKIES !!! Great win Saturday over the school we call "Jefferson's Biggest Mistake". 14 in a row now.

Zdad

VT '81