Tinsel Garland Used on Balcony Railing as Holiday Decoration?

julesbeara

Wondering if anyone has used tinsel garland on their balcony railing as decoration during the holidays?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

If it's plastic, or has any plastic in it, the possibility of it going over the side would make it prohibited. $5000 fine for any amount of plastic dumped in the ocean. Even if it were the metallic kind of tinsel (rare these days), securing it against the wind from the ship's motion would probably be difficult, and would be another reason that it would be prohibited, as dumping any garbage overboard particularly in the Greater Caribbean Basin is prohibited.

How about battery operated fairy lights in the cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can pretty much do whatever you want in the cabin, as long as you don't damage the walls, ceiling, doors etc... Nothing officially is allowed to be put up on the balcony.

This was our cabin on the Navigator. Remote controlled battery operated led lights held up with magnetic clips.

Dan.329705de91b260d0baeb562cc3181f7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

Can pretty much do whatever you want in the cabin, as long as you don't damage the walls, ceiling, doors etc... Nothing officially is allowed to be put up on the balcony.

This was our cabin on the Navigator. Remote controlled battery operated led lights held up with magnetic clips.

Dan.329705de91b260d0baeb562cc3181f7f.jpg

Wow, that looks brill.

I will be decorating our stateroom door, along with bringing a very small tree, battery operated lights, & ornaments, and some gel clings for the windows and mirrors in the room.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Cute about the tree! ;)

I do the same thing. Gel stickers on inside of balcony door, outside cabin door decorations, and LED lights up in one area inside the cabin. Already have them packed. :cool:

Would never...ever...ever...leave anything out on the balcony during

sailing. I have hung a poster inside the railing while we are docked

at some ports however. Our "Loyal Royals" poster to annoy the other

cruise line passengers we are docked next to. ;p:D

Please decorate inside your cabin or your cabin door, not the balcony! Modern production of tinsel is made from plastic (PVC). Our seas are already filled with too much plastic! High winds or not securing it properly leads it right to the water and is very harmful for sea life.

I haven't and I wouldn't.

I have too much faith in strong winds ripping it off no matter how I put it on there, and too much faith that a sea animal will ingest it and die because I wanted the railing to look pretty.

This. ☝️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

don't forget too that they routinely come by the outside on a little hanging platform and pressure wash the balconies ... which would probably trash your decorations (and is also a good reason to be 'cautious' about keeping your drapes open during the day especially in port!!!!)

:o ;) :eek:

I don't need to draw a picture, do I!?!?

:*

For the record, we had our lights on our balcony at first, but were asked to bring them inside.

In all fairness, we were in one of the center deck 10 aft junior suites (Navigator of the Seas), which is like a cave, with almost no wind, and numerous decks of balconies that progessively stick out further below. Would be nearly impossible for something to fall into the water from this balcony.

Dan.a71656f02f1bba96611097107bdc3edb.jpg

For the record, we had our lights on our balcony at first, but were asked to bring them inside.

In all fairness, we were in one of the center deck 10 aft junior suites (Navigator of the Seas), which is like a cave, with almost no wind, and numerous decks of balconies that progessively stick out further below. Would be nearly impossible for something to fall into the water from this balcony.

Dan.a71656f02f1bba96611097107bdc3edb.jpg

Wind