Danube with Budapest... early June or late July??

What can happen with the Danube is that the river can run low (as it did in 2014) and then your "cruise" turns into a bus tour.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1522

At any rate, here you can see the river-levels and decide what you want to do. Looks like the Danube is indeed running low:

http://rivercruiseinfo.com/content/river-levels

Thank you. I'm aware of the river level problem, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm planning for 2018 so who knows what the water level will be then....am just trying to find out if anyone has an opinion on whether generally the weather along the Danube from Nuremburg to Budapest is better in early June as these are the two dates the cruise line have available during the period when I can travel.Normally I would not consider Europe in July as it is too hot, I go in May but the numbers I'm finding for average temperatures suggest it can be quite wet and isn't that hot even in July (ie 27 at the very highest) and I can just about cope with that, it sounds like British weather!

HI all!

We did our Danube cruise from Prague to Budapest in early June 2005 & had nice weather.

I went back to Prague a couple of years ago around June 7 & it was really hot so if Budapest is similar that's what it was like in June. We didn't have any water level problems luckily, just had to duck on the top deck when going under some bridges.

~ Jo ~ :)

• 1 year later...

Going on the Ms Serenade 2 on a river cruise from Linz to Budapest on the Danube mid July, any feedback on current weather and water levels would be great, also taking in the Grand Prix at the end of July in Hungary, I believe it’s a half hour walk from the train/bus? Is this a hard or easy walk?

Thanks in advance :D

Going on the Ms Serenade 2 on a river cruise from Linz to Budapest on the Danube mid July, any feedback on current weather and water levels

Linz to Budapest is generally not an issue for Danube water levels. The low waters - if any - are upriver north of Passau.

Weather is very variable. Check a weather site a few days before you leave. Could be hot with afternoon thunderstorm, could have cooled down after weeks of unusually hot and sunny weather.