Cunard Passenger Survey

kohl57

Was interested to receive (and participate) in this just now:

And yes, there were a few questions relating to "formal" or "informal" cruise atmosphere, dress etc.

Nothing to get worried over but rather a good sensible survey of what "real" passengers and those already booked want out of a cruise and what led them to pick Cunard etc.

Dear Mr Kohler,

Booking Reference: xxxx

We're delighted that you decided to book a cruise on Queen Elizabeth and we look forward to welcoming you on board in the near future. At Cunard we regularly carry out consumer research to help us understand our guests' views and preferences.

In this survey we are particularly interested in understanding why you decided to book this holiday and what you're looking forward to the most.

We would be grateful if you would spare 15 to 20 minutes of your time to complete the survey attached to the link in this email, your views are really important to us and we would appreciate it if you could complete your questionnaire before the 30th of the month so that we can start to look at the results.

Please note that whilst it is possible to complete the survey on a Tablet or Smartphone, we would recommend that you use a laptop or PC for ease of use.

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Kind regards,

Graphic.php?IM=IM_dm3vl1YIxzEMohT

Simon Palethorpe

Senior Vice President, Cunard

Like most major companies, including cruise lines, they send out surveys for one reason only. I have also recently received this survey from Cunard and also have had similar ones from Princess and P&O and they are sent out for the benefit of themselves only. Nobody knows what the outcome of all surveys but they can then change things for the benefit of themselves and then come out with the corporate statement "after feedback from our customers we are changing xyz because it is what the customer wants". Really it is just a way of instigating the changes they want to do to benefit them and save them money.

Maybe. Then again if everyone who gets such surveys doesn't fill them in, Cunard could indeed say "well, none of our customers care about much of anything we do, so let's just do it." I was a pretty regular Holland America Line passenger and I sure never got any surveys and they have progressively ruined the product for me in 26 different ways so I'll never go back. Indeed, their reaction to past passengers seems to be "go away, you're not hip enough for us anyway". I don't think Cunard is there... yet.

I was interested in the questions eliciting options about "no children" or "adult only" vs. "family friendly", cruises from Southampton vs fly cruises and ones distinguishing between cost and value. There were also quite a few on the on-board experience. I thought it was pretty well thought out. If anyone cares about my responses is another question but at least they can't say this Cunard passenger doesn't care full stop about the product and what it might look like in five years.

I just completed the survey. I agree that it was very professionally done and I found the questions interesting. Certainly the child-free questions indicate that they're looking at Viking Ocean Cruises. Whether this questionnaire was triggered by nervousness about Viking's aggressive entry to the market, a change at the top, simply a regular exercise, or some combination, who knows?

I HAVE seen companies who use tools such as this to direct their product and to choose between alternatives. However, Cunard seems the opposite of such a classic marketing-oriented company.

One can hope. It can only help and it's not as if I'm sacrificing anything by taking a few minutes to reply.

- Mark

I received one today - as surveys go I actually think it is quite a good one, and covers many of the issues that result in heated discussions on this forum.

I hope they spend time analyzing the results.

It would also be interesting to see the report when they are done.

I just completed the survey. I agree that it was very professionally done and I found the questions interesting. Certainly the child-free questions indicate that they're looking at Viking Ocean Cruises. Whether this questionnaire was triggered by nervousness about Viking's aggressive entry to the market, a change at the top, simply a regular exercise, or some combination, who knows?

I HAVE seen companies who use tools such as this to direct their product and to choose between alternatives. However, Cunard seems the opposite of such a classic marketing-oriented company.

One can hope. It can only help and it's not as if I'm sacrificing anything by taking a few minutes to reply.

- Mark

P&O also have Adults only cruises so it may be more to do with that than Viking.

I have had this questionnaire for the last couple of cruises booked, I always complete them when asked. My opinions might be ignored but at least I have had the opportunity to give them.

majortom10 I think you are probably 100 % correct. It gives passengers the " feel" that their opinion counts, but changes are made ( or not ) based on what "C" wanted to do in the first place.

I've loved all my "Q" experiences and sailings, and can't wait for the next one.