What time does QM2 dock at Red Hook

CynthiaRI

Cunard are not very good at announcing their arrival and departure times - even to people who have booked a passage!

I am sailing on the QM2 on July 6 and so far, after receiving various documents about the booking from Cunard, I have yet to receive anything official about when we sail!

Anyone else agree, or am I not looking in the right place (I know I can get this info. from third party websites, but that's not the point here).

To answer your question, MOST of her arrivals into Brooklyn (= Red Hook) are scheduled for 6:30 am, Eastern Time. She is pretty reliable when it come to sticking to the offical arrival time, as New York is a "turn around" port so there is loads to do at the berth, before she sails later in the day with a whole new cargo of passengers, food and supplies, TYPICALLY at 5:00pm.

PS: anyone reading this should NOT assume that their particular voyage will stick to this timetable, please. In the end, there is only one person who decides when the ship docks and sails....

Edited by Canuker

Cunard are not very good at announcing their arrival and departure times - even to people who have booked a passage!

I am sailing on the QM2 on July 6 and so far, after reciving various docments about the booking from Cunard, I have yet to recieve anything official about when we sail!

Anyone else agree, or am I not looking in the right place (yes, I know I can get this info. from third party websites, but that's not the point here).

To answer your question, MOST of her arrivals into Brooklyn (= Red Hook) are scheduled for 6:30 am, Eastern Time. She is pretty reliable when it come to sticking to the offical arrival time, as New York is a "turn around" port so there is loads to do at the berth, before she sails later in the day with a whole new cargo of passengers, food and supplies, TYPICALLY at 5:00pm.

PS: anyone reading this should NOT assume that their particular voyage will stick to this timetable, please. In the end, there is only one person who decides when the ship docks and sails....

Thank you! That is the most helpful reply I've received about this question. If docking around 6:30, should pass under the Verrazzano Bridge around 5:30, which will have some daylight! Now to determine if I risk going to Brooklyn to view or try to view from the Staten Island Ferry!

I have a couple of data points, thanks to digital photography. I checked the time of creation for photos I took on westbound crossings.

In 2015, my photo of the bridge from our balcony as QM2 went beneath it was stamped at 5:10 AM. Last December, my photo of the stack passing under the bridge was at 5:47 AM, with the shot of the Manhattan skyline when we arrived at the dock in Brooklyn was 6:40 AM.

I also have a couple from earlier crossings, but since the time stamp on one shows 3:45 AM, which I know is too early, and the other shows 10:50 AM, but the photos are taken before sunrise (December), I'm pretty sure the clock on my camera was incorrect for those two.

we went under the V bridge b4 dawn ….

I recommend you watch it on the webcam!!!!!

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com/

enhance

enhance

Nice pics! I suppose that is what we will do. While it would be amazing to see, the thought of travelling over 1 hour one way from our hotel and back, for the CHANCE of seeing the QM2 is probably not the best use of time. We'll do the best we can! And relax that morning!