10 nights cruise & stay on The Dream 22 Sept 2012

At last a ten night holiday!

I'm back from the Adriatic Explorer and like all you addicts I have just booked my next cruise for 22 September 2012 on The Dream- 7 nights Roman Epic followed by 3 nights at the wonderful Son Matias in Palma Nova to recover from the cruise lol.

Flopsy

I'm back from the Adriatic Explorer and like all you addicts I have just booked my next cruise for 22 September 2012 on The Dream- 7 nights Roman Epic followed by 3 nights at the wonderful Son Matias in Palma Nova to recover from the cruise lol.

Flopsy

That didn't take long! :D Lovely to have one in the bag though to look forward to. I'm sure you'll love the Dream - happy planning! ;)

Hi Sally,

Glad to see you have booked the Dream. I remember you said you might, when we spoke on the Spirit. We are seriously thinking of booking her for the Caribbean next winter and are just checking prices. They don't seem to be much cheaper than the price we were quoted on the Spirit though. :(:(

Going to price up P&O and FO as well

I saw you at the airport and waved to you, but you didn't see me, you looked as if you were on a mission :D Hope your flight was on time, ours was a bit late, but we made up the time and landed on time at 9.55 :)

Hi Kruzseeka,

You would recommend the Dream wouldn't you? It was a bit tatty when we went on it and the Spirit was so nice. I don't want to make a costly mistake. The reviews seem very positive now:)

Hi Linda

Sorry -I didn't see you at the airport!

Ours was on time but Luton had a 3hr delay- poor things.

Dot was sick all over us on the plane lol, the woman next to her soon scarpered and found another seat.Dot was dashing back & forth to the loo throughout the flight! The flight was a bit bumpy but I think it was the seafood she ate for tea on the ship.

Yes, Kruseeka, I'm hoping The Dream has sorted out all it's plumbing issues!

Flopsy

Dot was sick all over us on the plane lol, the woman next to her soon scarpered and found another seat.Dot was dashing back & forth to the loo throughout the flight! The flight was a bit bumpy but I think it was the seafood she ate for tea on the ship.

Oh you poor thing. I had some fish for my tea, but it was dry and horrible, so I left it - looks like that was a wise move!

We heard the announcement about the Luton flight - wonder what time they arrived home. Luton is actually our nearest airport, but we have a wonderful hourly bus-service to Gatwick, which works out cheaper (now we are senior citizens :D:D) than driving and parking at Luton, so we usually chose Gatwick.

Hi Sally,

Hi Kruzseeka,

You would recommend the Dream wouldn't you? It was a bit tatty when we went on it and the Spirit was so nice. I don't want to make a costly mistake. The reviews seem very positive now:)

Hi Linda - glad you had a good time! :) Yes, I would recommend the Dream Linda. We felt it measured up well with Celebration and Spirit - some aspects rather better - en-suites in particular though one or two things we felt not quite so good - desserts were a tad samey and not inspiring but that might have changed. Main area for improvement I'd say are the carpets in the cabin corridors - some really did look long over-due for replacement and I think if this were done it would create a much better impression. But clearly other areas had been refurbished and did look fresh, contemporary and in good order. I suppose there will be further up-grades over time.

We did the Caribbean early this year on Dream and had a great time (thankfully for us the problems following the re-fit had been more or less addressed by then - I felt sorry for those caught up in it all though) so we didn't have any reservations going on her again to the Med in the summer - and again had no complaints.

I'd happily go on either of those ships (not quite so keen on Destiny) at the right price and for a good itinerary - but I'm not blinkered and there are little things which could be better on all of them but the overall package suits us well. We're not too easily pleased but at the same time don't go looking for things to complain about and could say the Dream is perhaps becoming my favourite Thomson ship.

Let us know what your research throws up and what decision you make. I'll be interested to know! :)

• 3 months later...

Waiting to go on Dream 12th Feb, must admit to being a bit worried about the tipping policy on other ships (one of the reasons we chose Thompson) It can add up to quite a lot when they add about 15% on drinks and then more for crew.

Would love to go on the Dream again for a third time :)

Alas this year have had to cut back a little :eek:

however will see how things go and perhaps try for a last minute gamble :cool:

............ no the prices not the lottery !:D

Stevie

I will look out for you, but don't tell me how much you paid!!!:eek:

• 1 month later...

Hi Flopsy,

Sorry we can't join you this time as we are booked to go from Southampton on the Celebrity Eclipse, but the Dream is very nice, I did a review on here, did you see it I agree with Kruzseeka (who is on the Dream at this very moment - lucky thing!) They just need a few new carpets and it would be so much better. That said, we really enjoyed the holiday, it's a long flight though and probably won't do the Caribbean next year as we have been 3 times now and seen so many different places. We are looking for a shorter flight, so might wait and see what reviews the Majesty gets and do the Canaries next February.

I watched Showboaters - I thought it showed the dream in a good light! Made me quite nostalgic!

Hi Linda

Good to see that you have something booked- it's nice to have it to look forward to! Shame our paths won't cross this year though.

Yes we are looking forward to seeing The Dream, and 3 days to wind down in Palma Nova afterwards.

Showboaters is fascinating to watch- I too was avidly looking at the ship as much as the ones being auditioned!

Flopsy:o

Me Me Me

I'm on dream on 22nd............well actually on there from 15th for 2 weeks.:):)

My first time on any cruise really can't wait.

We celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the 26th Sept.

Me Me Me

I'm on dream on 22nd............well actually on there from 15th for 2 weeks.:):)

My first time on any cruise really can't wait.

We celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the 26th Sept.

Oh at last somebody else is on the ship with me & hubby!

You will love it Runfold.It took me donkeys years to get my ancient hubby to go on a cruise- it was only when I gave up and went with my cousin leaving him at home that he then agreed to try one the following year. Now he thinks it is the perfect way to see so many different places and can't think of a better holiday! What can be better than enjoying life on a floating hotel with fantastic staff on board who really make the holiday special.

So many years wasted lol.At least you didn't leave it as long as us- you will love it.

Flopsy

Flopsy

It is addictive isn't it. We did a cruise on the Dream out of Palma, looked a good place to stay for an extension.

sweby:)

• 3 months later...
THe balance is paid so it's countdown time....

Surely some more cruisers have booked this cruise by now?:rolleyes:

Flopsy

Just booked my 1st cruise with you on the 22nd Sept Flopsy :)

cruise and stay Majorca

Flopsy

Hi,flopsy we have been to the Son Matias a couple of times and it is truly a marvellous hotel,about the best I think overall,tremendous food,entertainment and the staff which as you know includes a couple of english people are very attentive. the high spot for us is watching the cavalry charge in the mornings to get the best sun beds!

Just booked my 1st cruise with you on the 22nd Sept Flopsy :)

cruise and stay Majorca

Hi Tony

Your first cruise eh- I do hope that you will love it as much as we do.It's like a number of holidays rolled into one- a new place every day!

We are looking forward to seeing the Dream- we have been on other Thomson ships and got used to the layout but this one will be quite different so it will take time to get to know our way round!

Where are you staying in Majorca?

Flopsy

Hi Tony

Your first cruise eh- I do hope that you will love it as much as we do.It's like a number of holidays rolled into one- a new place every day!

We are looking forward to seeing the Dream- we have been on other Thomson ships and got used to the layout but this one will be quite different so it will take time to get to know our way round!

Where are you staying in Majorca?

Flopsy

Hi Flopsy,

we are staying in santa ponsa, mind if i ask a few newbie questions to everyone?

• i have slight difficulty with my mobility, nothing too serious but i struggle with hills and distance, are there any trips that you wouldn't reccommend? we don't think we want to do all of them, but i definately want to see Rome
  • what sort of prices are we looking at for the excursions
  • what adaptor plugs are on the dream?
  • best place to eat for Breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Hi Tony

If you want to look at excursions which will be available make a note of the 'ports of call' this cruise visits then click on 'Ports of call' on the Thomson holidays cruise page and look at each port in turn to get a list of excursions and approx price.

Last time, having never been to Rome before, we opted to go on the half day 'Relaxing Rome-Easy on the Legs' 5hour trip which was great as I have walking difficulties.The sightseeing tour of most of the famous sights is from the comfort of an air conditioned coach- sit back and enjoy.You get a full running commentary from a local guide.You don't get off the coach in Rome at all but it is very enjoyable.There is a comfort stop just before the coach enters Rome, and one on the way back.The cost is £41.

Many of the Rome trips are 10 hours, so we found the 5 hour trip ideal.I think we might do this one again!

I can't help you re adaptors or eating places on board as it will be our first time on The Dream too!

Flopsy

• 2 months later...

Just bouncing this up the board as its only hours to when we set sail....well it's a week on Saturday actually :rolleyes:- 22 September 2012 to be truthful lol.

So it's me n hubby, Runfold couple on their first cruise, and Tony1878 couple on their first cruise.

Anybody else booked?

Flopsy:rolleyes:

Just bouncing this up the board as its only hours to when we set sail....well it's a week on Saturday actually :rolleyes:- 22 September 2012 to be truthful lol.

So it's me n hubby, Runfold couple on their first cruise, and Tony1878 couple on their first cruise.

Anybody else booked?

Flopsy:rolleyes:

LOL Flopsy, you'reworse than us. :D

We're off the day before you.

Our roll call is a bit like yours, we've only got 3 of us on it, I don't know where they're all hiding

Berwyn

Archived