Kapa'a questions

Denali2003

Hello! I know the ship docks in Nawiliwili (Kauai) -- but I have been seeing quite a bit of things to see & do in Kapa'a. Including the Chocolate Farm. Has anyone ever been there? How much would a taxi or shuttle cost to get there?

I went there a few years ago when I was on a land based vacation in Kauai. I loved the tour. It was more than just a chocolate farm. They have many fruit trees, and you get to sample various tropical fruits, depending on what is ripe on the farm. They also showed us the vanilla beans that they were growing and had for sale. They cracked open a cacao bean so we could taste the fresh, unroasted bean. They explained how chocolate is processed from raw bean to chocolate bars. Then, we had a chocolate sampling of ten different chocolates which were sourced from many different locations. It’s an expensive tour, but I would definitely recommend it.

Thank you for mentioning this.

In all the time we've been semi-planning our trip to Hawaii (after the initial attempt was cancelled at last minute due to medical emergency), we've *not* heard about this before.

And we LOVE dark chocolate :D

It should be extremely interesting, as well as tasty!

It's at the top of our list now!

GC

I just really looked at my cruise itinerary. We will be on Kauai on a Saturday. The Chocolate Farm is only open Mon-Fri. :( I'm very disappointed.

Has NCL changed the Kauai stay also?

Wasn't it an overnight before heading back to Honolulu?

GC

Would be nice to have ships have an overnight on at least 1 of the islands. Would give passengers more time and be able to see the island at night.

That's the only thing I wish ships would do - leave some ports later in the evening (especially if the next port is not far away) so we can experience the night life.

I know in Venice, Italy the night life is SO different than day time. Most of the tourists are gone. It's peaceful, magical, almost unreal, beautiful!

Would be nice to have ships have an overnight on at least 1 of the islands. Would give passengers more time and be able to see the island at night.

That's the only thing I wish ships would do - leave some ports later in the evening (especially if the next port is not far away) so we can experience the night life.

I know in Venice, Italy the night life is SO different than day time. Most of the tourists are gone. It's peaceful, magical, almost unreal, beautiful!

Norwegian's Pride of America has 2 overnight stops - one on Maui and one on Kauai.

• 2 months later...