Reward points

lenquixote66

We were on a Cunard cruise in 1973 .At that time there was no such time as reward points .Cunard would give us credit if we could substantiate that we were on the cruise .However ,since nothing was computerized at the time they have no record .

The Travel Agency that we used is no longer in business .

Any suggestions ?

Interesting that they did not recognize your days on board. I e-mailed them (this was back in 21013) and told them about the crossing I did in 1962 on the Queen Mary. I told them as much as I could remember (I was only 11 so it wasn't much) and they credited me for having one cruise (5 days back then) with Cunard. Later my TA, a Cunard rep, and I were on a three way call and the rep welcomed me back to Cunard and gave the date of my 1962 crossing.

Very interesting because I had a long telephone conversation with a Cunard rep.I told her it was a 7 day cruise on the Cunard Ambassador to Bermuda from NYC .I gave her the name of the Travel agency which unfortunately went out of business about 25 years ago.

We had an unfortunate 16-year gap in our Cunard voyages. When we resumed our travels in 2008 we were shown as first-time passengers. I contacted the Cunard World Club and they said if we could substantiate any of our previous crossings we would get credit. Fortunately I keep all my tickets as well as a few other souvenirs so that was easy. I was told if I couldn't find the tickets I could send copies of dated menus or on-board photos. The Club sent me a confirmation that we were Gold members.

A slight complication; when we checked in for that QE2 crossing in April 2008 we were still showing as first-timers. The lovely Yo-yo cleared that up in just a few minutes and she gave us new cards, invitations to the Club party and advised us on how to get the free Internet use.

As an aside, two years ago we took a Holland America cruise for the first time in 40 years. I contacted their club and they said if I could prove that long-ago cruise we would be considered "Mariners." I quoted them the details of that cruise, including cabin number, and they believed me and said to not bother sending in a copy of the ticket.

Lovely to hear Cunard have updated your recent missing cruises. We have travelled QM2 quite a lot over the years and contacted the Cunard World Club loyalty number as we were missing a couple of 2005 East and Westbound NY cruises that would confirm a platinum level for our upcoming November QV Caribbean cruise. We held off paying our balance until it was sorted just in the off chance we may get a helpful upgrade as at the moment its early days and we have no cabin assigned. We are also looking forward to the other benefits of our new level. After a couple of weeks we just got confirmation its been sorted so well done to Cunard, Happy days and looking forward to lots of Cunard cruises, we have yet to try the QE.