Corkage Fee: Will Princess Inventory My Wine?

need2cruisesoon

Good to know!

Question, please? The two bottle (1 per person) that we can bring on without a corkage fee, can they be brought to the MDR and/or specialty restaurant? Or do they have to be enjoyed in your cabin?

For consumption in your cabin. If you take the bottle to the MDR you will (most likely) be assessed a $15 corkage fee.

Just so we all know, I checked all our wine with the Maitre D at the Symphony dining room. No issues and she was happy to do it.

Found a liquor store 4 blocks from the Terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Excellent.

Thank you for coming back with this report.

More like bad for everyone else if the only bartender working in other areas of the ship actually abandon all of their customers to go get his wine from the dining room because it is too unseemly to take his own his bottle.

If this is a service that princess offers, then a passenger is certainly entitled to use it.

Otherwise, people should not order any drink that is slow/hard to make, as it

may delay the critics in line behind them. Or, not.

Excellent.

Thank you for coming back with this report.

Remember now folks. This is the Internet. He can come back and say anything. Even if they laughed him right out of the dining room, do you think he would report that back? :confused: Lets see, 3000 passengers x 24 bottles of wine each = 72,000 bottles of wine. That shouldn't be a problem to store, at least not in the boiler room. ;)

Sounds like those folks who want to bring their own food and have Princess store it and prepare it for them.

But why not, in this new age of entitlement? :rolleyes:

More like bad for everyone else if the only bartender working in other areas of the ship actually abandon all of their customers to go get his wine from the dining room because it is too unseemly to take his own his bottle.

They are already retrieving wine for those of us who start a bottle in the dining room and then wish to finish it at lunch in another venue the following day.

I don't understand why someone would take the risk of transporting high-end wines for a cruise. The food is fine and all, but hardly worth opening up $$$$$$$ wines for.

Then again, maybe that is all the gentleman drinks.

Drinking high end wines is like booking a balcony cabin.

Do it once and it's hard to go back.

They are already retrieving wine for those of us who start a bottle in the dining room and then wish to finish it at lunch in another venue the following day.

His original post mentioned getting it for him while he was in Crooner’s, etc. but the latest update is in dining venues only, so not a big deal like expecting the pool bartender to go get his bottle as he originally implied.

Temp controlled accessible at any dining venue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very interesting. I shall have to inquire about this on Island. I am actually doing a BVE on her in December, prior to a S.A. voyage in January, so I will see if I can find a HW or the MD to inquire in advance. It's a reconnoiter visit.

I have to slightly disagree. Drinking high quality wine would be a better analogy. With "High End" wines frequently you are paying for the name, not the quality.

Since I first used the term in my post, I purposely intended "high end" to mean "high priced". For me, I just don't see the point of trying to get very expensive wine to and then aboard the ship without mishap or any loss of a bottle. I did take an expensive bottle of champagne on our millennial trip (JAN 2/2000), but astute readers will realize this was before the world changed on 9/11/2001 so it was a carry-on. I also took a very expensive "special" bottle with us on a trip in the 1990's and it did not go well.

The main thing is the food is good but doesn't often rise to super-expensive wine - except for some specialty meals perhaps. Not knocking the food - just a sensible thing for me.

High Quality wine can be found at many price points and what I try to do is get great value at whatever price I pay.

Unfortunately, Princess has largely slid on quality of wine, especially in the more affordable range. So they have high mark-ups on pedestrian wines or even plonk.

I also see this in many land-based restaurants and wish I could advise them to be a little more creative and invest more wisely and they could offer customers better choices with better value for the dollars asked.