Any Updates on the Pacific Princess Dry Dock????

chamima

I've been scouring the boards for any info on what changes they're making to her but haven't seen anything.

So excited to see what they add to her.

Does anyone have any news? :ship::confused:

It would be nice if the part about the new mattresses is true. While I didn't have a problem with the existing mattresses when I was on her in December, it would be really nice to not need to bother to request a mattress pad for the bed for the cruise on her I have in a few months.

I've been scouring the boards for any info on what changes they're making to her but haven't seen anything.

So excited to see what they add to her.

Does anyone have any news? :ship::confused:

We were on her last voyage before dry dock. They changed all the carpeting in the common areas while we were on board. They also completely packed up the general store type shop for a redo.

According to crew they will change all carpeting and beds in the cabins.

He also said they were scraping the hull and working on the ventilation systems in passenger and crew areas.

We were on her last voyage before dry dock. They changed all the carpeting in the common areas while we were on board. They also completely packed up the general store type shop for a redo.

According to crew they will change all carpeting and beds in the cabins.

He also said they were scraping the hull and working on the ventilation systems in passenger and crew areas.

Good morning. Thanks for the update. you just did the transvaal then from LA? I followed that a bit with Bob & Holli's daily briefings. Looking fwd to traveling on her in the Adriatic this Nov.

Wondering what is planned in the short 11-day dry deck period wrt the Decl 10 restaurant, 'club class' dining venue. Either way, will be nice to see her get new bedding, and a general sprucing.

Cheers,

Bob

First cruise post-drydock was scheduled to leave yesterday .

Has anyone heard anything? I read Laura's link but there are no pictures and the descriptions are pretty vague.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7885

This says a little more, but it reads like a typical press release. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300471784.html

Ditto.....:):):)

Bob

Is there an easy way to resize a photo on Android? I will be sailing on 6/27 in an Owner's suite but my phone takes minimum 3.7 MB pictures, too large to upload to cruisecritic. I know how to do it at home with photoshop but not while on the ship. Plus I have been told to not expect WiFi service when we sail above the Arctic Circle.

Is there an easy way to resize a photo on Android? I will be sailing on 6/27 in an Owner's suite but my phone takes minimum 3.7 MB pictures, too large to upload to cruisecritic. I know how to do it at home with photoshop but not while on the ship. Plus I have been told to not expect WiFi service when we sail above the Arctic Circle.

Try the below app I found in the Android App store on google.....:):):)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer&hl=en

Bob

A fellow RollCall member on a B2B with our cruise posted this:

Many of these updates noted in the article did not get completed. They are picking up a lot of the dining room upgrades in NYC. The cruise director came to our m&g and told us of all the problems encountered during dry dock. The new beds are fabulous! I will try to attach the new floor indicator on the elevator! So cool. He also told us they would be doing lots of tech upgrades in the next 36 days. 3af60750ac8871a9760c25a616aa0bb3.jpg

Are you not taking a laptop with you?

You might be able to just use your android phone, but I would ask you to consider the product you would be putting out.

Take your laptop with you if you own one- The small effort it may take I think would really regarded as worth it for quality material you would broadcast.

My next cruise is in four days- as I type this, I am organizing the gear that I usually take (real-time picture processing/blogging/A & B cam 4K video):

01ab5f29c67fed723fe928c4eb37626d.jpg

Cheers,

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of these updates noted in the article did not get completed. They are picking up a lot of the dining room upgrades in NYC. The cruise director came to our m&g and told us of all the problems encountered during dry dock. The new beds are fabulous! I will try to attach the new floor indicator on the elevator! So cool. He also told us they would be doing lots of tech upgrades in the next 36 days. 3af60750ac8871a9760c25a616aa0bb3.jpg

Thank you very much for the update!

Are you not taking a laptop with you?

You might be able to just use your android phone, but I would ask you to consider the product you would be putting out.

Take your laptop with you if you own one- The small effort it may take I think would really regarded as worth it for quality material you would broadcast.

My next cruise is in four days- as I type this, I am organizing the gear that I usually take (real-time picture processing/blogging/A & B cam 4K video):

01ab5f29c67fed723fe928c4eb37626d.jpg

Cheers,

Bob

Sorry Bob, just phone and tablet for me, laptop stays home.

Hubby is taking DSLR with 28-270mm and 100-400mm lenses. He wants to get a photo of a Polar Bear in Spitsbergen while hiking on a glacier. He also has extra SD cards, 2 TB external drive (and a way to copy from SD to that drive), and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Also taking waterproof P&S camera for me to use when we split up on some of our shore excursions.

He does process and upload all of our photos to our webpage when we get home.

There are links to photos for our last 4 cruises in my signature.

Actually, those displays in the elevators were there on our cruise in December of 2015, but they are still very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Regarding Club Class Dining:

They have implemented it - very small section of the dining room. I think only about 24 cabins. CD said they can come anytime during dining hours and they are making special dishes for that section only. They order off the main dining room menu, but have specialty dishes too. I believe a tableside pasta dish nightly and some other goodies too. You use the same entrance to the dining room as there is only one!

Regarding Club Class Dining:

They have implemented it - very small section of the dining room. I think only about 24 cabins. CD said they can come anytime during dining hours and they are making special dishes for that section only. They order off the main dining room menu, but have specialty dishes too. I believe a tableside pasta dish nightly and some other goodies too. You use the same entrance to the dining room as there is only one!

Thanks for answering that question.