Caribbean princess having technical difficulties

joeyjeremiah

I got an email from princess tonight advising that my January 2018 cruise has an altered itinerary with shortened time in port because the ship is unable to travel at full speed. Seems strange that it's something they can't fix in the next 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an email from princess tonight advising that my January 2018 cruise has an altered itinerary with shortened time in port because the ship is unable to travel at full speed. Seems strange that it's something they can't fix in the next 6 months.

I got the same email tonight. This is a known issue with the ship.

My problem with the movement of ports, my tour in St. Martin I scheduled is now gone off the cruise personalizer. I had paid for my tours with OBC plus an additional payment. Now the balance of OBC is zero. It appears I will have to spend some time in the phone with my cruise consultant at Princess tomorrow to clean up the mess.

Had anyone else that had changes in their cruise had these issues? Did the get fixed??

What cruise are you on? I'm on the January 13, 2018, 14 day Circle Caribbean. Haven't heard anything yet, maybe because I booked through a T/A.

Can you post the email message so we can see what they are saying?

Thanks!

Tom😎

What cruise are you on? I'm on the January 13, 2018, 14 day Circle Caribbean. Haven't heard anything yet, maybe because I booked through a T/A.

Can you post the email message so we can see what they are saying?

Thanks!

Tom

Here's the email message:

ITINERARY CHANGE

Please be advised that Caribbean Princess has experienced a technical issue which has resulted in our inability to operate at full speed. This in no way compromises the safety of our guests and crew, which is our highest priority; however, our technical experts have determined that it is necessary to make changes to our itinerary. We will still offer a full tour program in each port of call, and tours for new and rescheduled ports will be available shortly. We will now call to St Thomas on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 rather than call to Antigua on Wednesday, January 17. The call to St Maarten has been moved from Tuesday, January 16 to Wednesday, January 17, and we will now arrive in Princess Cays at 10:00 AM rather than 9:00 AM on Sunday, January 14. The revised itinerary displays in full at the end of this notification.

As a goodwill gesture, each guest will receive a refundable credit of $50 USD applied to their onboard folio. We regret any disappointment these changes may cause, and look forward to welcoming you aboard Caribbean Princess.

Here's the email message:

ITINERARY CHANGE

Please be advised that Caribbean Princess has experienced a technical issue which has resulted in our inability to operate at full speed. This in no way compromises the safety of our guests and crew, which is our highest priority; however, our technical experts have determined that it is necessary to make changes to our itinerary. We will still offer a full tour program in each port of call, and tours for new and rescheduled ports will be available shortly. We will now call to St Thomas on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 rather than call to Antigua on Wednesday, January 17. The call to St Maarten has been moved from Tuesday, January 16 to Wednesday, January 17, and we will now arrive in Princess Cays at 10:00 AM rather than 9:00 AM on Sunday, January 14. The revised itinerary displays in full at the end of this notification.

As a goodwill gesture, each guest will receive a refundable credit of $50 USD applied to their onboard folio. We regret any disappointment these changes may cause, and look forward to welcoming you aboard Caribbean Princess.

Thank you very much!

Tom😎

Thanks for posting, I'm on the Jan cruise as well. My TA is on a Europe river cruise right now so that's probably why I haven't seen the changes yet. Not a huge deal for me as I've been there, done that already and this is just a relaxing two weeks in the sun. Ports are not of huge importance to me.

I received an email this evening that my MAY 1, 2018 cruise itinerary had been changed from Barbados to St. Maarten for the same issues. Receiving a $50 refundable obc as a goodwill gesture according to the email.

That makes about a year that the problem will have existed without being fixed.

Something very wrong with that.

I received an email this evening that my MAY 1, 2018 cruise itinerary had been changed from Barbados to St. Maarten for the same issues. Receiving a $50 refundable obc as a goodwill gesture according to the email.

Well that answers a question I would have had, about my cruise from 11th April till 1st May! I wonder how long it will take to send me an email.

Sorry to double post, but I have answered my own question. My personaliser shows major changes to my cruise. They have taken out Grenada, Dominica, Bonaire and Curacao and replaced them with St Kitts, St Lucia, Antigua and St Maartan, all of which I have been to before! So I am now booked on a completely different cruise to the one I wanted.

We are booked on the CB Jan 3, 2018 Panama Canal cruise. I have not received an email from my TA but when I went to the Princess website a few minutes ago, it shows that Grand Cayman has been substituted for Falmouth, Jamaica. I am fine with this because I would rather go to Grand Cayman, anyway.

Still no email for an itinerary change on our Sept 10 sailing.

Actually we got an email for Sept 10 quite some time back, advising that we would dock one hour later in Edinburgh (8 instead of 7). No major port changes, tho, and no OBC.

I certainly hope that is the only change we encounter...

We are booked on the CB Jan 3, 2018 Panama Canal cruise. I have not received an email from my TA but when I went to the Princess website a few minutes ago, it shows that Grand Cayman has been substituted for Falmouth, Jamaica. I am fine with this because I would rather go to Grand Cayman, anyway.

We're on this sailing. The changes were added. Yes, no Ocho Rios, going to Grand Caymen. Cristobal instead of Colon, and several shorter stays especially Cartagena (barely enough time to do anything). As I noted on another thread, they kept Princess Cays in its entirety. They wouldn't want to lose that cash cow.

Not a happy cruiser.. Wanted to go to Ocho Rios and to Colon.

Shorter on the islands.... and more time on at Princess Cay. :(

We're on this sailing. The changes were added. Yes, no Ocho Rios, going to Grand Caymen. Cristobal instead of Colon, and several shorter stays especially Cartagena (barely enough time to do anything). As I noted on another thread, they kept Princess Cays in its entirety. They wouldn't want to lose that cash cow.