Beverage Question for Adventure of the Seas

sconzof

Hi All,

My family and I (four of us) are doing the Canada and New England cruise - our second cruise ever and first on RC.

I read many posts saying there are complimentary beverages (water, juice, tea, coffee) on RC, but it looks like most answers say “for breakfast” though I also read we can get tap water at the bars.

Where can I find the official details about complimentary beverages? When I do searches I keep stumbling across the pretty expensive drink packages (which times four would be a lot)...

Thanks for any help :)

-Frank

Hi All,

My family and I (four of us) are doing the Canada and New England cruise - our second cruise ever and first on RC.

I read many posts saying there are complimentary beverages (water, juice, tea, coffee) on RC, but it looks like most answers say “for breakfast” though I also read we can get tap water at the bars.

Where can I find the official details about complimentary beverages? When I do searches I keep stumbling across the pretty expensive drink packages (which times four would be a lot)...

Thanks for any help :)

-Frank

The only part of your list that is ‘for breakfast’ is juice. Tea, coffee, water available all the time at cafe Promenade. Lemonade, iced tea and flavoured water added at lunch/dinner in windjammer

Included with your cruise fare: Tap water, (not bottled), hot and iced tea, coffee (not specialty), hot chocolate, white and chocolate milk, juice at breakfast (not fresh squeezed) can include orange, apple. Tomato, cranberry (usually more choices in main dining room), buffet and cafes will have some type of flavored water/punch/lemonade for lunch and dinner.

Included with your cruise fare: Tap water, (not bottled), hot and iced tea, coffee (not specialty), hot chocolate, white and chocolate milk, juice at breakfast (not fresh squeezed) can include orange, apple. Tomato, cranberry (usually more choices in main dining room), buffet and cafes will have some type of flavored water/punch/lemonade for lunch and dinner.

Grandkids have requested and received juice in MDR at lunch and dinner at no extra charge.

Another question ,is it ok to take drinks from one place to another ,for example could we take a drink from the buffet into mdr .We also plan not to get a drinks package and make do with the complimentary drinks and a bottle of wine at night.

Another question ,is it ok to take drinks from one place to another ,for example could we take a drink from the buffet into mdr .We also plan not to get a drinks package and make do with the complimentary drinks and a bottle of wine at night.

Sure, you can take your drinks just about anywhere on the ship.

I see mentions of iced tea. Yay, because I don't drink coffee, so tea is my morning caffeine. I have only sailed Carnival, but am booked on AOS next year. On Carnival, there is an iced tea machine, along side the juices and there are fresh lemons available. Is this the same situation on RCI?

I see mentions of iced tea. Yay, because I don't drink coffee, so tea is my morning caffeine. I have only sailed Carnival, but am booked on AOS next year. On Carnival, there is an iced tea machine, along side the juices and there are fresh lemons available. Is this the same situation on RCI?

There are dispensers that usually include iced tea in the Windjammer (buffet), though I cannot recall lemon slices readily available.

• 2 weeks later...

For tea/iced tea drinkers, note that the teabags provided might not be of great quality. On some more recent cruises we've been on, they will have a mix of brands that may include something decent. Other ships have only had a house brand that brews up very weak. If you really like your tea, my suggestion is to bring your own favorite(s) along.

Also, I like iced tea in the afternoon, but only drink decaf, so I will brew double-strength tea of my preferred kind (usually at the Promenade cafe) and get a glass of ice to pour it over, to make my own iced tea.