Crystal blocks

addicted2

We passed 140 while on a B2B in Europe and I was so excited about the fact that we would receive a crystal block on Brilliance to commemorate my first trip to Europe.

Nope!

There were cruisers on board who had over 500 points and were mentioned daily. The LA catered to them.

I approached her after the Diamond/Diamond+ welcome party and asked about our perk. She informed me that I was wrong and walked away. :(

Fortunately, I contacted C&A after we were home and they sent one to me.

Too bad I didn't think of using the internet while still on board.

All is well now and hopefully we will make it to another one!

Didn't get one at 140, didn't know anything about them. Can' t remember the ship we would have qualified. Oh well

I think if you will just look back on this thread, you will find that Patti gave a phone number to call if you missed receiving the block on your pointed cruise.

An......."Oh well"...........what does that mean? You may not remember when you were to get the block for your 140th point, but Royal Caribbean does.

If you care, call the C&A desk.

Rick

We just received our first block on the Brilliance of the Seas. It is lovely and very heavy...you might want to figure that into your luggage allowance. :)

When you fly with your crystal block, have it on top of your carry on or put it in the tray with your shoes, etc. They'll open your checked bag and look at it otherwise.

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks for all the information regarding the crystal block.

Should have gotten mine last cruise but did not.

Just spoke with C&A and they will mail it to me in the next 6-8 weeks.

Your should get the block during the sailing that you reach 140-210 etc. at the welcome back party.

Suggest you tell the LA that you are reaching a milestone on your cruise so they don't screw it up.

Your should get the block during the sailing that you reach 140-210 etc. at the welcome back party.

Suggest you tell the LA that you are reaching a milestone on your cruise so they don't screw it up.

We didn't receive ours at the party, it was left in our room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We didn't receive ours at the party, it was left in our room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe it's just me but I look at that as nothing more than a lazy LA. How much time would it take to send an invitation to the guest reaching a milestone and let them know that their block would be presented at the party. What a great PR opportunity these LA's are missing.

They could also give the guest the option of having it delivered to the room if they did not want the presentation but I think most would appreciate the presentation.

we reached 140 points before all the c&a changes, when they added that perk ,we were told we did not qualify. I wonder how many others missed out on the 140 mark?

We missed it during the change as well but we just called them and they mailed it to us. Give them a call

Edit I had to call for the next one as well. We did not receive it onboard.

Edited by molly361

You may be surprised to receive it much more quickly. I was told my block for Radiance would take 6-8 weeks as well, but I received it via Fed Ex within a week. Great Service!

Maybe it's just me but I look at that as nothing more than a lazy LA. How much time would it take to send an invitation to the guest reaching a milestone and let them know that their block would be presented at the party. What a great PR opportunity these LA's are missing.

They could also give the guest the option of having it delivered to the room if they did not want the presentation but I think most would appreciate the presentation.

I'm with Margie...please deliver it to my stateroom. If the LA counted on people showing up they would be sorely disappointed. It's just practical to deliver it to the stateroom.

We don't go to the Welcome Back/Diamond parties, so having our block in our cabin was perfect for us. I'm surprised anyone goes to those parties after the first couple of times.:eek:

When we were at 140 they didn't do awards at that level. When they did change it we have Jewel @210 and Brilliance @ 280. Next up is Serenade @ 350.

• 2 months later...
If someone needs this block to complete their collection. Contact me. I live in Ca.

We were supposed to receive one on a B2B on Mariner that put us over the 140 mark but did not get it. On our next cruise (Explorer) we asked the LA about it and they told us it should have been given. We contacted C&A and they sent us a block for Explorer by mistake instead of Mariner. I would be happy to work out something with you to get the Mariner block.

We were supposed to receive one on a B2B on Mariner that put us over the 140 mark but did not get it. On our next cruise (Explorer) we asked the LA about it and they told us it should have been given. We contacted C&A and they sent us a block for Explorer by mistake instead of Mariner. I would be happy to work out something with you to get the Mariner block.

contact me at dorassb2003@ yahoo

I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about the Crystal Blocks until I saw this thread. I reached 141 pts on my Alaska cruise on the Radiance last month and no such gift awaited me. So, given the advice I read here this morning, I called C&A and inquired about it. They profusely apologized for not receiving it on the ship and voila! My crystal block is on its way....in 6-8 weeks that is :)

Thank you Cruise Critics peeps, I never would have known without you!!

We have 4 different blocks, but only one was presented in a ceremony. It

depends on the LA. Wonderful Reba was the LA when we received our

block in a lovely ceremony, including presentation by the Captain. We also received a free picture of the presentation, and a certificate. We think the

blocks are nice, and the ceremony made it very special.

Could we buy one on eBay? Yes, but earning them is important to us.

Cruzin Lady

I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about the Crystal Blocks until I saw this thread. I reached 141 pts on my Alaska cruise on the Radiance last month and no such gift awaited me. So, given the advice I read here this morning, I called C&A and inquired about it. They profusely apologized for not receiving it on the ship and voila! My crystal block is on its way....in 6-8 weeks that is :)

Thank you Cruise Critics peeps, I never would have known without you!!

They tell you 6-8 weeks, but mine appeared within a few days via Fed EX.

Sent from my iPad using Forums