Docking times versus actually deboarding

I am going on a Western Med. Cruise on Millenium in May, and wanted to know how early I can expect start our day. Has anybody seen major deviations in time in these ports? Can I get off before all the tour groups or will I have to wait? I am especially interested in Florence and Santorini.

Thank you,

LishaD

In Livorno, the port for Florence, you should be docking and there you should be able to get off the ship relatively soon after the ship clears customs, Sometimes that may take anywhere from a few minutes to a half an hour or more. Because you will be docked you should be able to go down to the deck where you get off and get in line but you will still need to be checked off the ship through your cruise card.

I don't know if you dock or tender in Santorini but almost all cruise ships give priority in tenders to their shore excursions and to "priority passengers" so if you are tendering all you can do is be whereever you are supposed to pick up tender tickets as early as possible and get a low number so you can get off as soon as you can.

Have a great next cruise.

Lisha,

Are you on the 5/15 sailing? If so we have a great thread on the roll call board. There is also a thread for the 5/27 sailing from Venice.

We tender to Santorini. Priority will be given to ship's tours and Celebrity Captain's Club members. It is still a good idea to get the tender passes as early as possible.

In Livorno [for Florence] as soon as the ship clears with the port authority ship's tours members and once again Captain's Club members will have priority, but it will go very quickly for all passengers. There will be a few delays with passengers feeding their cruise cards into the gizmo but it will not be too bad. Since the X does not make announcements it is always a toss up and the lower lobby and stairwells will be very crowded.

There will be a notice in the daily bulletin and if you have any particular questions you can ask at the information desk.

I am on the 5/27 cruise and am on that board. I just gave them small translation guides that I made for signs, menus, and limited conversation. I made them up in French, Spanish, Italian, and a smaller one in Croatian; I'm still working on Greek.

Since you have the same itinerary, would you or any of your ship mates want one? I can email it to you and you can forward that on to them.

Thanks for the info on deboarding at port.

LishaD

• 3 weeks later...
I am on the 5/27 cruise and am on that board. I just gave them small translation guides that I made for signs, menus, and limited conversation. I made them up in French, Spanish, Italian, and a smaller one in Croatian; I'm still working on Greek.

Since you have the same itinerary, would you or any of your ship mates want one? I can email it to you and you can forward that on to them.

Thanks for the info on deboarding at port.

LishaD

Dear Lisha,

Wow, what a great idea!! Please send me one of your guides. We will be on the 6/22 Millennium cruise and it sure would come in handy. My e-mail address is dacko@cox.net (it's also at the bottom of my signature).

Thanks!!

OK, I sent them out. Sorry about that first email. I was so excited that I got my group email thing to work that I forgot about the attachment.

The only address that it wouldn't accept was walliscathi. Let me know what you think the problem is, or another email address to send it to.

LishaD:D

PhD: You are on my sailing! I haven't seen you on our roll call, we have a great group going. We are having a CC party on board. You should sign up for the party and check in on the roll call. I will send out the translation guides pronto.

YAC, muse clio, and cathi: My emails were not able to get through, let me know if they were misspelled or if you have another address.

LishaD

P.S. I am thinking of asking the board administrators if there is a way to permanently post them.;)

Archived