When do you get your block?

steveru621

We went back to our cabin one day and our block was sitting on our bed. We just received a block for 280 points on our Liberty TA, again, we came back to find it in our cabin.

Sherri:)

Edited by sjb317

Never got a block at 70 points either.:mad:

You don't get one at 70 points. According to this page:

A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter.

You should have gotten one for your last cruise, though.

I dont know if you get a block at 70 points, I thought they started at 140 points and then every 70 points after that. Anyway, on our Brilliance cruise last year we hit the milestone during the cruise and I went to the LA and mentioned it to her. She wasn't all that friendly but she did give me my block. It's not like I was stealing it from her!

Started our cruise last week with 137 points and expected to get a block for 140 points.

Nothing!!!

Never got a block at 70 points either.:mad:

It'a always a good idea to speak to the LA or assistant if you are on a milestone cruise. I usually ask if we are in the milestone list, and how they distribute the blocks. More often than not, they give us the block on the spot.

Once, when we were on Radiance, they were out of stock. They said we would get one from C&A automtically. Waited something like a month, and got nothing. Called C&A and they said they had no record of a block order for us, and they would send one. Within a couple of weeks we got a Fedex package with out block. I'd call C&A and ask them to send your block.

We never got ours when we hit 140 points but that was during the time when they converted the point system. A quick call to C and A and we had our block within a couple of weeks.

We did not get one when we hit 210 either. Another call to C and A and we got that one as well.

You don't get one at 70 points. According to this page:

You should have gotten one for your last cruise, though.

Good catch. I just assumed it was every 70 points.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll probably just send an email. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get something involving C&A. Seems like another chore!

At the top tier event I actually met the LA on Jewel OTS and didn't think at the time I would have to beg for it. Looking back, I would chalk it up to laziness or incompetence.

We had a wonderful family cruise.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll probably just send an email. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get something involving C&A. Seems like another chore!

At the top tier event I actually met the LA on Jewel OTS and didn't think at the time I would have to beg for it. Looking back, I would chalk it up to laziness or incompetence.

Asking is not having to beg. Sometimes the LA does not have a complete list. They rely on Miami to get a list to them. Trust me RCI would much rather these be given out on the ship as they are heavy and shipping is not cheap.

Edited by cruisingator2

Sounds like others have similar stories with LA's and getting a block. Here's ours....

Really didn't know much about the block gift. We were on Enchantment when some CC'ers were talking about receiving one in their cabin. Realize we would qualify for one on that cruise.

Went to the LA, who we'd already dealt with since DH's status on his seapass was incorrect. Seemed like we were asking her to do a huge task (told at check-in LA would need to correct). Anyway....

We were brushed off to the assistant when asked about the block. Nice brush off, since he could not have been nicer. :) I know it's only a novelty, but he was genuine in thanking us for our loyalty.

Enjoy having a block of the Enchantment since that is the only ship in the fleet that has been cut in two pieces to be stretched. Love the trivia of it.

It is a nice gesture on Royal's part to recognize loyalty with the block. Actually, I think I would contact Crown & Anchor to send it rather than getting it home from a cruise. It is substantially heavy.

Edited by denamo

Asking is not having to beg. Sometimes the LA does not have a complete list. They rely on Miami to get a list to them. Trust me RCI would much rather these be given out on the ship as they are heavy and shipping is not cheap.

I understand your point of view. But in my mind it is. :)

It's irrelevant to me whether it's Miami or the LA. It's a small trinket but it's a symptom of a bigger problem. There also were no robes in our closet. If you are a diamond you should get free drinks from 5-8 on any ship. We were sitting in the same spot on the Jewel where the Diamond Club would be, but you only get 25% off. They blocked off the entire nightclub just like they do on the Allure. I don't see what a specific spot has to do with free drinks.

I was under the impression diamond coupons would happen automatically, Beer, wine, and photos coupons we had to ask.

All relatively silly little policy errors, but they are all important.

My two cents.

Once you've earned 140 cruise points, then you will receive a block with the addition of every 70 points earned.

I think that using the words laziness or incompetence is a little harsh. :( Since the information comes from C&A, it is very possible that the info was not emailed to the LA on Jewel for your sailing. Loyalty Ambassadors can not give out awards if they are not made aware of who is to receive them.

Just got our sixth block on Indie, last week!

For our 490 points we were on Nav in Jan, but my husband got sick and we were sent to a hospital in Jamaica: of course the block was not on my mind!

Told that to the LA assistant, and we got our block, couple days later!

So happy that I got the Indie's one: I already have the Nav!!!

ImageUploadedByForums1387155089.037130.jpg.e5413394fb17bff55cdd22a5c465f7ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1387155024.703150.jpg.15adfc27cf0bf1179cebe68eb8b70495.jpg

Once you've earned 140 cruise points, then you will receive a block with the addition of every 70 points earned.

I think that using the words laziness or incompetence is a little harsh. :( Since the information comes from C&A, it is very possible that the info was not emailed to the LA on Jewel for your sailing. Loyalty Ambassadors can not give out awards if they are not made aware of who is to receive them.

:) Patti we all respect your opinions, and you are always level-headed, but I was harsh on purpose. I guess you had to be there. As I said I met the LA and the encounter did not inspire confidence.

Perhaps it was the fault of C&A. Judging by other posts it has happened to other members. How many, can't judge. With everything computerized these days, shame on Miami for not fixing this. I do know C&A dealt with the LA because a new Pinnacle member was announced and received their recognition at the top tier event.

At the end of the day, we had a wonderful family cruise. :D We were so busy this minor event slipped my mind.