Transportation from Port Everglades and Key West

Kiminime

Hi Everyone,

I need to find the BEST and simple way, for two elderly persons, to travel from Port Everglades to Key West to join another cruise. Arrival at Port Everglades at 7:00am and ship leaving Key West at 4:00pm.

Any idea, solution or opinion will be useful.

Thank you,

Just curious...What cruise are they joining in Key West? There aren't any cruises that begin there. Are they trying to join one downline? EM

Yes, they are finishing a cruise on November 19 and would like to catch another that begin November 18 with a first stop in Key West.

The logistics would be nearly impossible. The other issue is if the cruise started in Florida on the 18th . Boarding in Key West would contravene the PVSA act.

They will not be allowed to join a cruise in progress at down stream port if it originates and ends in a US port.

I am assuming you looked at the itinerary...because if the cruise went to the ABC Islands or Cartagena, they would be able to join this cruise. Those qualify as "distant foreign ports".

I am assuming you looked at the itinerary...because if the cruise went to the ABC Islands or Cartagena, they would be able to join this cruise. Those qualify as "distant foreign ports".

Nope, that ship just runs around the Eastern Caribbean and Bahamas. PVSA would prevent this. I guess they could fly to Grand Turk and join the cruise on day 3.

Yes, they are finishing a cruise on November 19 and would like to catch another that begin November 18 with a first stop in Key West.

Do they have permission from the cruise line to embark at a port stop?

Also they will go thru e trap screening when they arrive back. They don’t show on the manifest submitted ti the US authorities on departure. The difference can cause issues with the authorities when arriving back in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are several ships leaving PE on the 19th just choose one of those if they want to have a longer cruise or see if they can stay on the same ship

Also look at ships leaving Miami on the 19th

Hi Everyone,

I need to find the BEST and simple way, for two elderly persons, to travel from Port Everglades to Key West to join another cruise. Arrival at Port Everglades at 7:00am and ship leaving Key West at 4:00pm.

Any idea, solution or opinion will be useful.

Thank you,

So, let's pretend they are able to pull this. Here's an answer to your actual question. Take a look at Keys Shuttle. They would just need to taxi over to FLL to catch the shuttle. Here's a link:

http://www.keysshuttle.com/

The cost of flying starts around $70, but the only flight that fits is about $190. Flight time about 1h10.

Consult the cruise line. It may be possible to pay the fine and board at Key West. My recollection is the fine is $300.

The cost of flying starts around $70, but the only flight that fits is about $190. Flight time about 1h10.

Consult the cruise line. It may be possible to pay the fine and board at Key West. My recollection is the fine is $300.

The fine is $300 per person and the ship is also fined about $300k.

Sent from my iPad using Forums