MSC Loyalty Match Question with NCL

js

Hi.

In the past when a cruiser has gained Platinum status on NCL, they were matched with MSC Loyalty as Black level (my dd obtained Black status when Platinum was highest on NCL).

I have now reached Platinum on NCL with 88 points. Since this is no longer the highest level on NCL, will I reach Black status on MSC? I just sent in my paperwork since thinking that may be the next cruise I book after my three current ones are completed.

Thank you.

I got Black with RCI Diamond (and there´s Diamond+ and Pinnacle as higher status).

So if your dad got Black with Platinum I´m pretty sure you will too.

steamboats

Thank you. When my daughter got Black, Platinum was the highest on NCL. When you sent in to MSC as a Diamond, were there already Diamond Plus and Pinnacle?

Hoping it works out for me LOL

Thanks so much for answering, I appreciate it!

Reading this thread, an issue just occurred to me. We were thinking of trying MSC earlier this year, so I signed up, and they matched my Gold status on NCL. We ended up not taking an MSC cruise, and our NCL status will soon be Platinum. Can I get a new match to our improved NCL status, or is it a one and done?

Reading this thread, an issue just occurred to me. We were thinking of trying MSC earlier this year, so I signed up, and they matched my Gold status on NCL. We ended up not taking an MSC cruise, and our NCL status will soon be Platinum. Can I get a new match to our improved NCL status, or is it a one and done?

As two wheels only just stated on their website it says they only match once.

This was the reason I wanted to wait to reach Platinum myself. My dh has one more NCL cruise to reach it and then I'll send in to MSC too. Just try and see what happens. Report back and let us know. Good luck!

I have now reached Platinum on NCL with 88 points. Since this is no longer the highest level on NCL, will I reach Black status on MSC?

According to reports on the MSC board, it sounds like Platinum is still being matched to Black after the changes to the Latitudes program in February. But you should be able to confirm/deny this yourself very soon, once they process your application… Please let us know.

They may have downgraded the lower Latitudes levels, not sure about that. But it wouldn't make sense for them to say you have to get all the way to Platinum Plus to equal MSC Black.

According to reports on the MSC board, it sounds like Platinum is still being matched to Black after the changes to the Latitudes program in February. But you should be able to confirm/deny this yourself very soon, once they process your application… Please let us know.

They may have downgraded the lower Latitudes levels, not sure about that. But it wouldn't make sense for them to say you have to get all the way to Platinum Plus to equal MSC Black.

Thank you. I was hoping they wouldnt change or pull the match loyalty program and was holding my breath waiting until after my last cruise although I cant tell you any benefit tthat comes with it. I sent it in today and will let you know what happens. Good luck to me! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. When my daughter got Black, Platinum was the highest on NCL. When you sent in to MSC as a Diamond, were there already Diamond Plus and Pinnacle?

Yes, we did this last year in November for a Christmas cruise. D+ and Pinnacle are exisiting longer than the status match.

steamboats

Does MSC do any matching to CAS benefits?

What is CAS?

MSC matches cruise line and hotel loyalty status. So if your Hilton Honors, Marriott rewards, etc, are higher, it's better to use those.

Wife and I are both Platinum on Carnival same amount of cruises 17. We both applied to MSC and she got Black and I got Gold status.
Probably because she is better looking and better dressed than you are. Italians care about these things.

Wife and I are both Platinum on Carnival same amount of cruises 17. We both applied to MSC and she got Black and I got Gold status.

Very interesting. hhhmmmmm.

I'm still waiting and will report back.

Thank you all very much for your replies.

We just got our match back today. NCL Platinum to MSC Black

Ditto. Although I didn't get an e-mail yet. I have an MSC YC cruise booked and I went into my booking and it shows my status as Black.

It is supposed to be a one time deal. But did both of you apply? If not, the other one can still apply.

I applied yesterday with my NCL Platinum and got confirmation of my MSC Black today. Went ahead and booked an MSC cruise and for the relevant discounts etc.

How did the discount work? Do you have to book by phone?