Pepper Grinders on Serenade MDR

On each table or by the waiters?

On some of our cruises, I noticed the pepper grinder stored on on particular table in a section. The assistant waiter would grab it off that table, offer it to guests at another table who were just getting their food, and deposit the grinder back at the original table.

On some of our cruises, I noticed the pepper grinder stored on on particular table in a section. The assistant waiter would grab it off that table, offer it to guests at another table who were just getting their food, and deposit the grinder back at the original table.

I'm thinking the OP who started that infamous thread was at such a table and expected it every time, but when it wasn't there on his last cruise......

I'm thinking the OP who started that infamous thread was at such a table and expected it every time, but when it wasn't there on his last cruise......

Makes sense.

One assistant waiter in particular was very sensitive about a guest handling his pepper grinder. Once, when I wanted a bit more pepper, I grabbed the grinder and started to use it. He came rushing over, took the grinder from me, and explained how he could get in trouble if his head waiter saw me using the grinder.

Was it, by chance, hidden by the ketchup and mayo? :p

On Jewel this week. No pepper grinders for our table, but they are in full force for the pinnacle couple seated next to us. How funny to see them being geting special grinder "attention". I'm a fan of the grinders, but my GF is not a fan.

Funny, I'm on Jewel too this week--main seating. The pepper grinder has appeared every evening without me asking for it. And I'm just a lowly emerald.

I seldom use pepper, whether pre-ground or in a grinder...not sure what the attraction is!

and yet you just had to come to a thread about pepper grinders to put in your two cents in order to keep your post count climbing :rolleyes:

Sorry, not this OP. I have never complained about lack of Pepper Grinders. I saw them on the waiters station. Each time the Waiter would drop off a plate of something, the assistant waiter would follow with the Pepper Grinder. No complaints from our table of 11.

This opens up more questions than it answers?

Plastic / Glass / Metal / Wood / Other?

-Solid or See Through?

Squeeze / Twist / Crank?

On table for meal/ only offered by wait staff / wait staff won't let you touch :(

Malabar / Tellicherry / Sarawak Black / Lampong ?

Will they fit in mens dress pant pocket / shorts cargo pocket / wifes purse / baby stroller?