Is the Tropicana Show worth it?

kac0426

I booked online (not thru the cruise line). Premium package was just about $200 for wife and I. Paid a taxi in a classic car 25 cuc to get there and 30 cuc to get back to cruise terminal to a normal taxi car that was right outside the Tropicana. We got there about 8 and it was too early. Waited outside for 30 minutes for them to start seating. However we had seats right at the stage at its center point. Out of sheer luck we had previously met the couple seated across from us so that was great. Pre show live music started about 9 and lasted about 40 minutes. They filled champagne glasses for us. Then brought a small coke for everyone. Ice bucket was already on the table. Then they brought the 4 of us an unopened bottle of 7 year old Havana Club rum. About an hour into the show they brought us another full bottle. Not sure why as the first one was well over half full. We brought it back unopened. The show it self was great. I would highly recommend it is simply iconic. Other drinks were nit expensive. Wife had a pi a colada for 7 cuc and fellow across from us had a Cuban beer for 5 cuc. Men are all given a cigar as they enter and ladies get a carnation. Show ended about 11:40 and we left kinda quickly and got a cab immediately on leaving. Was an evening to remember.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What are the non-alcoholic options at the show? As a recovering alcoholic I no longer drink. Unless I could bring the unopened bottle of rum back as a gift for someone else. Since I'm travelling on a cruise ship, however, it might mean a visit to the naughty room.....

What are the non-alcoholic options at the show? As a recovering alcoholic I no longer drink. Unless I could bring the unopened bottle of rum back as a gift for someone else. Since I'm traveling on a cruise ship, however, it might mean a visit to the naughty room.....

They have cans of soda for sure. You could always smoke a cigar. On the bottle they give it to 4 people to split with ice and soda. Yes the ship will take it

I booked online (not thru the cruise line). Premium package was just about $200 for wife and I. Paid a taxi in a classic car 25 cuc to get there and 30 cuc to get back to cruise terminal to a normal taxi car that was right outside the Tropicana. We got there about 8 and it was too early. Waited outside for 30 minutes for them to start seating. However we had seats right at the stage at its center point. Out of sheer luck we had previously met the couple seated across from us so that was great. Pre show live music started about 9 and lasted about 40 minutes. They filled champagne glasses for us. Then brought a small coke for everyone. Ice bucket was already on the table. Then they brought the 4 of us an unopened bottle of 7 year old Havana Club rum. About an hour into the show they brought us another full bottle. Not sure why as the first one was well over half full. We brought it back unopened. The show it self was great. I would highly recommend it is simply iconic. Other drinks were nit expensive. Wife had a pi a colada for 7 cuc and fellow across from us had a Cuban beer for 5 cuc. Men are all given a cigar as they enter and ladies get a carnation. Show ended about 11:40 and we left kinda quickly and got a cab immediately on leaving. Was an evening to remember.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I tried to book online but it gave no choice for USA. If you pay online, howcfonypu pick up tickets?

• 2 months later...
https://www.cabaret-tropicana.com/en/

This is the site I used to get our tickets, an email from them is used for entrance.

They list nuts to snack on and a bottle of rum plus soda as included in the price of the ticket.

Did you get the Standard or the Plus ticket? How was the seating for the ticket you got? Can I bring a stainless steel mug with ice? Did you pay in advance with a credit card?

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I bought the premium tickets ($95pp). Bought them online with credit card in advance...no issues. We both got cigars (I guess they ran out of carnations) and one bottle of premium rum (I think it was Havana Club Especial) for every 2 people. Highly Recommended. The show far exceeded our expectations. There is a bucket of ice on every table (we had no issues drinking ice in Cuba, but if you wanted to bring your own I can't imagine that they would care).

My wife and I bought the premium tickets ($95pp). Bought them online with credit card in advance...no issues. We both got cigars (I guess they ran out of carnations) and one bottle of premium rum (I think it was Havana Club Especial) for every 2 people. Highly Recommended. The show far exceeded our expectations. There is a bucket of ice on every table (we had no issues drinking ice in Cuba, but if you wanted to bring your own I can't imagine that they would care).

Thank you for the info were you happy with the seating?