Anyone on Aug 25th QV out of Southampton ....guarantee cabin not yet assigned?

phillipahain

There are many on here ,including myself, who have been known not to have been allocated their staterooms until the day of check-in.

Nothing to be worried about , worry more on what you are going to pack.:cool:

I sail on the QM2 on Saturday and still no cabin assignment so no e tickets, luggage tags. Not so concerned about not getting on the ship, but my 3 flights are thru Cunard Air which would also be on the e ticket. I did find the flights on Detla's website to include the international flight on Virgin Atlantic back to JFK so it seems all is ok. Still, a shabby way to treat customers - could not find on Cunard's website "what to do if you do not receive an e ticket?" Guess if I have problems boarding the flight from Rochester NY to NYC early Saturday morning, that will be my first clue things are not going to go well...........Calls to Cunard by my travel agent and myself result in the response that there is nothing they can do and are also frustrated....these details are handled by UK office.........

I sail on the QM2 on Saturday and still no cabin assignment so no e tickets, luggage tags. Not so concerned about not getting on the ship, but my 3 flights are thru Cunard Air which would also be on the e ticket. I did find the flights on Detla's website to include the international flight on Virgin Atlantic back to JFK so it seems all is ok. Still, a shabby way to treat customers - could not find on Cunard's website "what to do if you do not receive an e ticket?" Guess if I have problems boarding the flight from Rochester NY to NYC early Saturday morning, that will be my first clue things are not going to go well...........Calls to Cunard by my travel agent and myself result in the response that there is nothing they can do and are also frustrated....these details are handled by UK office.........

I haven't booked a guarantee for a while so my memory is a bit hazy but I thought you were still issued an e-ticket but with the cabin number showing as GUAR.

Do you not have anything at all ?

Dear PhilipAhain,

We are cruising this coming Saturday (12/08) on QV.

We booked with a guarantee option.

We got our assignment this morning, with a very nice up grade ;)

Congratulations on the upgrade, have a great trip.

Good news in that late this afternoon my travel agent sent me a copy of a booking confirmation with cabin number assigned. Hooray! I have read on these boards that the Voyage Personaliser updates overnight so expecting the e ticket to be there in the morning. No upgrade but a location I am more than satisfied with.........thanks for the words of encouragement from all from this post and a couple of other threads I was gripping on also...................

It can be as late as a week before or even as you check in.

Have you asked on your roll call ?

Are you sailing on Queen Elizabeth ? QV is still in the Mediterranean.

If you are only told your cabin number when you are checking in, how do they get your luggage to your cabin with no info on the cases?

My last voyage on QV I learned on checkin that I was upgraded from a deck 8 inside to a deck 1 OV. This was AFTER I left my bags with the porters, and they had my original cabin number. My bags were delayed, with 2 of the 3 arriving at my room about 3:40. I found my 3rd bag outside the pursers office after the muster drill. It was in a group of bags that were mis-labeled. It appeared to be waiting for somebody to check the manifest and put the right room number on it. I just picked it up.

My guess is that the steward in my original room knew the room had been reassigned and sent it back to reprocessing, but the steward in my new room also took an active part in finding it.

Roy

If the cabin number changes or is unassigned, someone has to route your bags based on your name against the ship's manifest, just as they would do if your Cunard tags went missing and they had to use your bag's ID tags. This takes an extra step and a delay of anywhere from a half hour to several hours.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

If you are only told your cabin number when you are checking in, how do they get your luggage to your cabin with no info on the cases?

All unmarked cases are put in a specific place well known to the crew. You attend reception and say "cases have not arrived at cabin but were not marked with cabin number as it was not known" They find the cases by description and you identify them and they take them to cabin.

Regards John