Aurora 2005 World Cruise Sector

robynp

In answer to the plea to keep this board alive - I'll post! Not expecting to receive many (any?) replies, but here goes! I may have posted a similar thread some time ago, but it is lost in 'archives' somewhere since the change of forum style.

I've been a great fan of P&O for many years and have been fortunate to have sailed some longer sectors in decades past from UK to Australia and vice versa (sadly on ships now no longer with us), but have also sailed on shorter cruises closer to home in recent years.

Now that I've 'retired' (not from life mind you, just from working Monday to Friday 9 to 5 ;) ), I'm sailing aboard my favourite P&O ship 'Aurora' from Sydney to Southampton - a whopping 2 months at sea :D: with 17 ports of call! I just love the sea days, they give you a real sense of 'journeying' from one country to another.

Only concern I have is the impending size of my bar bill after that length of time at sea :eek: (ha, ha)

I believe the ship is fully booked, both on the outward voyage from the UK, and the homeward sector from Australia. Is anyone else sailing on this voyage or perhaps a sector along the way?

Regards,

Robyn

Welcome to posting on the new board.

Your cruise sounds fantastic.

What a pity it is sold out

I have been trying to book a segment ,

but no joy!!!!!!!

Plenty of availability on Oriana...and QE2

So what does that say?

Your cruise will be fantastic

Mean time ,booked Pacific Princess

Bangkok to Capetown in Aug 05.

30 days with great Ports of Call and a good balance of sea days..

Managed to secure one of the last remaining cabins on board...

1 year out and all the mini suites have gone........

How will we cope in the tropics without a fridge?

However still watching the boards and some how have the feeling

"a cruise or three "

may eventuate before then........

David.

Hi David,

Wow! Fancy you booking that far ahead! Sounds a fantastic cruise - yes, I'm suitably jealous!

Still hoping to see you aboard Aurora somewhere between Sydney and UK. Have you tried booking with P&O UK? You know my thoughts on booking with P&O Oz (hopeless and NEVER have the cabins you want). My contact at P&O UK ;) tells me that some sectors may become available closer to when folks have to pay for their cruise (around December). Also 'Artemis' is doing a pre-Xmas voyage down to Oz/Nz and she feels some passengers may switch their bookings from Aurora to that ship. Just a thought......:D:

So, don't keep me in the dark......which "cruise or three" are you thinking of? Wait for meeeeeee :D:

Robyn

I can hear you drumming your thumb from over here.......

But nothing booked as yet.........

Would love to do a Xmas New Year Cruise,

Sapphire would have been great , but that cruise was booked out months ago............

Looking at Amsterdam,Rio to Valparaiso 15 Dec,but waiting to see if they drop the price 60 days out ..........

Otherwise ,we will just sit tight and hope for some last minute bargains on ships calling on their World Cruises........

QE2 has some good deals,as does Oriana,

but then we would end up being the youngest on board!!!!!!

I am sure you know what I mean...........

Hi David,

Just knew you wouldn't sit at home reading cruise brochures for very long!

All sounds great - and yes, I do know what you mean about being the 'youngest onboard'. Knew there would be sectors available on Oriana, but still hope some space becomes available on Aurora. Just don't book Auckland to Sydney (!!) - need to stay onboard a few days longer.

Did you know P&O have released the 2005/2006 World Cruise brochure already? I'm waiting for my copy from P&O UK. They won't have it here in Oz until next Feb/March, by which time of course, it will be mostly booked out (again).

24 weeks to go! :D:

Robyn

Archived