Carnival Triumph to be “Sunshined”

djcass4199

I believe that the preparation of the BBQ on the Horizon with the a la carte expanded menu is different from what is offered as a lunchtime buffet on the other ships that have it. Hopefully that preparation is up to your southern tastes whenever and if you decide to sail on the Horizon.

Not slamming the Horizon at all...I look forward to trying the paid dinner at Guy's Smokehouse. We love most (not so much Cucina) of the specialty restaurants. Also, I am not a huge Red Frog pub fan either so I could care less what they do with that space - we won't know for sure until they Sunshine her. I will know personally in May 2019.

The comedy club filled quickly and your had to go early for a seat.

I've found that to be true no matter what ship we've been on. If you're not in line (now that they're making people wait in line prior to showtime) at least 30-45 min ahead of time, you're NOT getting a seat. Period.

I've found that to be true no matter what ship we've been on. If you're not in line (now that they're making people wait in line prior to showtime) at least 30-45 min ahead of time, you're NOT getting a seat. Period.

Dream class has much larger venue for comedy club than any other ship. Vista supposedly half the size with more people so no question best get there well before showtime

I agree, it would be but truthfully, I doubt I would find the amenities on the small ships that I have come to enjoy. I don't even sail the Fantasy class ships anymore because of that.

That's typically right. Very few amenities. The difference is that you are one with the ocean. And you can quietly go places others can't. For some, no thanks. For others, pure heaven.

That's typically right. Very few amenities. The difference is that you are one with the ocean. And you can quietly go places others can't. For some, no thanks. For others, pure heaven.

I have a wife so there is nowhere I can go that is quiet. ;p

• 4 weeks later...
How many staff or passengers were injured or killed in the horrible horrible Splendor or Triumph incidents ? Take a guess .

The answer is 0 .Consider how many people have been killed or injured driving to or from their cruises .

People have a problem with risk assessment .

Yes yes yes! Thank you for injecting some sanity here.

FWIW, we sailed Sunshine last summer and had a blast!

This is so interesting to me and now I am able to connect the dots. I am booked on the Triumph for July 2019 and when I tried to show some friends the itinerary, I was not able to locate it online. When I tried to access my reservation, it said that the information I selected is not accurate. I called Carnival and when the lady I spoke to looked at my reservation, she said that I was set to sail on the Carnival SUNRISE! I was very confused! After being on hold for about 20 minutes, she came back and said that they are making "updates" to the system which is why I cannot access the reservation. It should be available by EOD today. And when I asked about the name Sunrise, she said that she thinks it is a "holding name" until the systems are updated. NOW IT MAKES SENSE!!!!

I heard from our Head CCL rep this morning for us Agents that indeed Triumph is getting a new name with its over haul! We can't access ANY of the bookings we have on her, they are saying either today or tomorrow it will be back up on the system. I am excited.

If you look at the deck plans, she is pretty different from Sunshine. The water park is mid ship, the piano bar is next to Alchemy and there is no Havana on the back. No Jijis or Bonsai - just the express. So I think it would be better to say she is being seriously upgraded-but will still be quite unique from Sunshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you look at the deck plans, she is pretty different from Sunshine. The water park is mid ship, the piano bar is next to Alchemy and there is no Havana on the back. No Jijis or Bonsai - just the express. So I think it would be better to say she is being seriously upgraded-but will still be quite unique from Sunshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Keeping the aft pool and adding the Seafood Shack is actually pretty cool. As much as I enjoyed the Havana Bar on Sunshine, the aft pool is special.

I’m presuming Deck 4 Starboard is actually Guy’s Smokehouse, not a the second floor of the Forward restaurant.

What also seems curious to me is that there is no space similar to Ocean Plaza. Where that should be on the Sunrise will be Piano Bar 88. All of the traditional lounge spaces are scheduled to be replaced (Club Rio, Venezia, Hollywood Dance Club). I guess any live music will be in the atrium, Guy’s, or the Piano Bar.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

I’m presuming Deck 4 Starboard is actually Guy’s Smokehouse, not a the second floor of the Forward restaurant.

Right now the deckplan is showing a Guys Pigs and Anchor outdoor BBQ venue on deck 10

Capture.png

Kinda looks like the same setup that the vista/horizon has on the outside decks. In all of the press releases i read, it did say that Guys is an open air eatery.

What also seems curious to me is that there is no space similar to Ocean Plaza. Where that should be on the Sunrise will be Piano Bar 88. All of the traditional lounge spaces are scheduled to be replaced (Club Rio, Venezia, Hollywood Dance Club). I guess any live music will be in the atrium, Guy’s, or the Piano Bar.

There is an empty space next to the alchemy bar with what appears to be stage:

Capture.png

That unmark stage area could be Ocean Plaza. My biggest concern with this setup is the noise with the sound in the piano bar and this area. The piano bar looks to be all open so that sound will travel