Cozumel bar hop

ranchette

How far in advance should we make reservations for the bar hop?

Right after booking your cruise and deciding that's what you want to do for your Coz port stop. ;)

Unless of course that cruise is a year or more out. Then wait until maybe 9 months before but no later than 3. Kind of our heuristic for all private vendors in any port who have limited space.

The tour needs a minimum of 6 ( I think) to run. Therefore if you are a long time out you will reserve a place and they will let you know, if and when, they reach the number.

We have six people but we are not going until feb. 2019

My wife & I were the only 2 on the bar hop tour. We had a jeep with a cooler of beer. Was about 2 years ago. A lot of fun.

Sounds more like the "alternative" hop?

I have never heard anyone review the Original Bar Hop saying they have used a jeep or had a cooler of beer on board. They always have a driver and a host.

• 4 weeks later...

We were surprised too. Just an open Jeep, cooler of beer/water, my wife & I, and Gizmo our guide. We met him on time and he said we had to walk a few blocks to the jeep b/c of rules / regulations!!! He also said that we were the only 2 and asked if either of us could drive a stick shift. Then he said, "regulations" he wasn't allowed to drive in downtown area, or something like that! He threw me the keys (and a beer) and gave me turn by turn directions to the first stop, a tequila making facility. Wow, were we ever questioning our decision! Gizmo drove after that, and it was a super excursion! Very funny, informative, good driver, and dropped us off right at the pier. Looking to book again for this month! Can't remember whom I booked with, it was in 2016 and I'm searching for help on which company we took. I think we went to 4 or 5 places. Any feedback ? Thanks, fflashh

We were surprised too. Just an open Jeep, cooler of beer/water, my wife & I, and Gizmo our guide. We met him on time and he said we had to walk a few blocks to the jeep b/c of rules / regulations!!! He also said that we were the only 2 and asked if either of us could drive a stick shift. Then he said, "regulations" he wasn't allowed to drive in downtown area, or something like that! He threw me the keys (and a beer) and gave me turn by turn directions to the first stop, a tequila making facility. Wow, were we ever questioning our decision! Gizmo drove after that, and it was a super excursion! Very funny, informative, good driver, and dropped us off right at the pier. Looking to book again for this month! Can't remember whom I booked with, it was in 2016 and I'm searching for help on which company we took. I think we went to 4 or 5 places. Any feedback ? Thanks, fflashh

Yes that would be “the alternative hop”. A few reviews posted on here. Use the search engine for “Jeep” or “Gizmo” and I am sure you will find it. Glad you enjoyed it, but if I employ someone “to drive” I want them to drive, not just for some of the time.