On board booking discount

frockoff

Hi in the past if you booked a cruise BEFORE you sailed, once on board you could transfer the booking to onboard booking and receive the 5% on board discount. We are sailing in December, but have booked and paid a further cruise for October 2018 but Silversea tell me I cannot transfer the 2018 to an onboard booking.

So why can’t you book, then cancel and rebook carrying forward the cancellation fee?

I’ve got one in mind for 2019 I have been toying with doing exactly this, but only held off because I’m looking into alternative options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why can’t you book, then cancel and rebook carrying forward the cancellation fee?

I suppose you could if you managed to: book, cancel and re-book on board a cruise (that's not a 'blackout' cruise) and picked another cruise sailing before Dec. 31 -

"Save 5% on select 2016 and 2017 sailings..." (you're running out of time).

Plus -

"Offer is capacity controlled and may be withdrawn or modified at any time without notice."

I predict the Onboard Savings Programme will quietly disappear on Jan. 1, 2018.

Edited by Bill B

I suppose you could if you managed to: book, cancel and re-book on board a cruise (that's not a 'blackout' cruise) and picked another cruise sailing before Dec. 31 -

"Save 5% on select 2016 and 2017 sailings..." (you're running out of time).

Plus -

"Offer is capacity controlled and may be withdrawn or modified at any time without notice."

I predict the Onboard Savings Programme will quietly disappear on Jan. 1, 2018.

I predict you’ll be wrong. Not sure why I’d chose to book a cruise sailing in 2017 though on my cruise sailing in 2018!

What makes you think on board booking discounts are going to be scrapped?

I predict you’ll be wrong. Not sure why I’d chose to book a cruise sailing in 2017 though on my cruise sailing in 2018!

What makes you think on board booking discounts are going to be scrapped?

Because the Onboard Booking Programme does not apply to cruises in 2018? (look at the website if you don't believe what I quoted in bold)

Because the Onboard Booking Programme does not apply to cruises in 2018? (look at the website if you don't believe what I quoted in bold)

Bill I’m not sure if we are talking cross purposes here.

On board bookings .... I’m talking about cruises you book whilst on board. This is what you mean right?

I can’t see a link saying it’s finished and I know I’m not alone in taking advantage of the discount given by booking on the ship. It would be a big mistake in not taking advantage of people caught with the cruise bug and prepared to book again for a discount. Would seem crazy to let them escape the monopoly of the ships concierge bookings to go ashore and chose another line. I’d guess they’d save on one crew members wage, but lose far more in lost bookings.

Edit

Ok I finally found the page you are quoting from. What do you think they meant from the paragraphs that followed saying booking on board gives you a 5% discount and are combinable with other discounts that may be available.

I’m quite certain it’s just a part of the website that needs updating. Would seem odd to suggest booking a 2016 cruise don’t you think? I rather suspect when it was added, it referee specifically to getting your hotel and flights finalised at the time of booking. I’m sure you can’t specify flights and times that far out in the future which is logically why it was targeted and. Separated from the general comments you will get 5% off booking on the ship

Edited by les37b

On board bookings .... I’m talking about cruises you book whilst on board. This is what you mean right?

Yes, I'm talking about cruises you book whilst on board. It states on the SS website the programme is "Save 5% on select 2016 and 2017 sailings..." It says nothing about sailings in 2018 (or beyond).

I can’t see a link saying it’s finished...

If they are going to scrap the programme, they're not going to advertise the fact.

Yes, I'm talking about cruises you book whilst on board. It states on the SS website the programme is "Save 5% on select 2016 and 2017 sailings..." It says nothing about sailings in 2018 (or beyond).

If they are going to scrap the programme, they're not going to advertise the fact.

I think I’m going round in circles.

On the page you refer it states you get 5% off any cruise.

You are choosing to ignore that and speak only about the pararagraph which specifically talks about putting together a flight and hotel package to finalise your booking while on the ship. That’s why it’s separated.

I booked a 2018 cruise whilst on board. No flights were bookable at the time. (At least no times available - it was too far out.)

Just to clarify as you seem fixated on the quote of 2016 and 2017 cruises ..... do you think they will try to sell you a 2016 cruise? Is it not unreasonable to see it’s just a webpage that needs to be updated?

On the page you refer it states you get 5% off any cruise.

No it doesn't. It says you get 5% off select 2016 and 2017 sailings.

https://www.silversea.com/other-resources/benefits-and-fares.html

(and if you read the actual Terms and Conditions, it says "up to 5%").

https://www.silversea.com/terms-and-conditions.html

Is it not unreasonable to see it’s just a webpage that needs to be updated?

I think you mean "reasonable"... and it may be so. However, the fact is you're making an assumption and 'reading in' something that's not there.

Edited by Bill B

On our recent October Muse voyage the onboard booking discount was available for all published 2018 and 2019 cruises.

It's obvious the website is out of date

I booked a 2018 cruise on board! I hope they don’t cancel it..... oh wait! lol

I think this covers things that Bill seems to be ignoring that’s on the link he’s posted and ignoring the years mentioned purely specifying tying up flight packages.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There are so many benefits to booking your next Silversea voyage onboard:

• Receive 5% Onboard Booking Savings off the published Silver Privilege Fare—combinable with other savings programmes such as Venetian Society and Extended Voyage Savings.
  • Not sure where you'd like to go next with Silversea? You can still save 5% on select voyages and decide later with an open booking deposit.
  • More choices in the best suites available.
  • You're guaranteed the best fares available through our Fare Guarantee Programme—no matter how early you book.

It's never too soon to start thinking about your next Silversea voyage, and no better way to take advantage of an exceptional savings opportunity.

Seems that someone has a bee in their bonnet over this. The on board booking discount applies to all future cruises. It is not limited to 2016/17. Quite why the need to keep banging on about the SS booking system? Everyone else seems to be able to muddle through the process.

Seems to me when that page on the website was written, they hadn’t released the 2018 itineraries yet, so therefore it wouldn’t be possible to book them onboard or anywhere else. The webpage needs updating, which I imagine they would do sometime soon (as soon as they read this thread?). Remove any reference to 2016, and reference currently available cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums