Cruise Critic heading out on Silver Muse!

Cruise Critic Chris

Probably not wise to wear a tux in Hot Rocks don't you think? What do they do on your preferred cruise line?

Instead of a tux, I think a nice long generous flammable scarf might be chic. Think Quentin Crisp cruise wear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all! I’m on my way to Buenos Aires to sail on Silver Muse for a week. I’ll be checking out the new dining changes and see how the dress code adjustments are working.

Got a question? Ask away! I board on Friday.

Was on board MUSE 31 Oct thru 17 November the Atlantide had same three soups the whole cruise and no regular or Caesar salad listed on menu

La Terrazzza only one slight entree change the entire cruise and I think the Branzino was the fish of the day almost every day, first cruise ever been on with no French Onion Soup ,Virginia Ham posted on menu

The reason for noise in the cabins is the TV sets are in a wall opening just covered with the mirror

All SS CREW MADE A GREAT CRUISE !!!!

Hi all! I’m on my way to Buenos Aires to sail on Silver Muse for a week. I’ll be checking out the new dining changes and see how the dress code adjustments are working.

Got a question? Ask away! I board on Friday.

Was on board MUSE 31 Oct thru 17 November the Atlantide had same three soups the whole cruise and no regular or Caesar salad listed on menu

La Terrazzza only one slight entree change the entire cruise and I think the Branzino was the fish of the day almost every day, first cruise ever been on with no French Onion Soup ,Virginia Ham posted on menu

The reason for noise in the cabins is the TV sets are in a wall opening just covered with the mirror

All SS CREW MADE A GREAT CRUISE !!!!

The menu issues should be fairly easily resolved, though there may be some delay because of advance orders for provisioning. These would perhaps be disappointing to me, but hardly a deal breaker.

But the TV sound infiltration would be a deal breaker unless I was guaranteed a vacant suite next to mine (or perhaps severe volume control restrictions on the TVs). I thought Silversea had resolved this issue, but apparently not. I would be grateful for more reports.

The menu issues should be fairly easily resolved, though there may be some delay because of advance orders for provisioning. These would perhaps be disappointing to me, but hardly a deal breaker.

But the TV sound infiltration would be a deal breaker unless I was guaranteed a vacant suite next to mine (or perhaps severe volume control restrictions on the TVs). I thought Silversea had resolved this issue, but apparently not. I would be grateful for more reports.

Sound bars were installed. They are above the mirror in the living area and below the mirror in the sleeping area. We never heard the tv in our sleeping area but could clearly hear the tv every day at 6 am from the adjacent suite in our living area. We did mention it to our butler and reception, several times but it never changed. I am unsure if the pax in the suite next to us were asked to reduce the volume, ignored the request or were not asked. We were aboard the Muse 10/13 til 10/31. We know we had the option to go to the HD but didn't.

we will be back on board the MUSE in April going FLL Dublin ans see if there were changes made , with the SMALL issues it is a GREAT experience :p

Etual, we will be aboard that cruise as well. It will be nice to see you both again!

Hope you are enjoying everything. Agree the crew are fantastic. Egbert is aboard!

Based on photos, the two TVs in the Silver Suites do not seem to be within mirrors. Is sound proofing an issue in these suites?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Deck 11, there was no issue in the bedroom, however if I stood right next to the wall in the living room, I could faintly hear the TV from the next cabin. It was not intrusive anywhere else in the suite.

Etual, we will be aboard that cruise as well. It will be nice to see you both again!

Hope you are enjoying everything. Agree the crew are fantastic. Egbert is aboard!

We were on the spirit together am I right, we are trying to place a face or where your from it will be nice to catch

up

WHO IS Egbert !!!

if you rather email then post etual324@aol.com

On Deck 11, there was no issue in the bedroom, however if I stood right next to the wall in the living room, I could faintly hear the TV from the next cabin. It was not intrusive anywhere else in the suite.

See you on the Whisper in Sept we are on thru to FLL

we will be back on board the MUSE in April going FLL Dublin ans see if there were changes made , with the SMALL issues it is a GREAT experience :p

Gee -- I thought we would be the only PAX on this TA -- glad to read your post and look forward to meeting you. Will you sign up for Meet & Mingle?

Hi Mary Ann, believe Walter and you will enjoy meeting Gene and Lucille (etual324), but please be ready, Gene’s go to on board adult libation is Schlitz malt liquor :). Seriously, they are fun folks to cruise with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree the crew are fantastic. Egbert is aboard!

The last time I saw him in March he said he was heading for Silver Spirit but was hoping to get the Muse. I’m wondering if Albert will be back. I know he said he was looking to work nearer to home, which made me think maybe the Shadow is a possibility.

Yes, sitting in the room right now, trying to read a book, three feet from the wall and listening to the neighbors watching a movie. Can't make it out clearly but you definitely are hearing the TV's. Don't really think its much different than the sounds you hear from the hallways when people are talking while walking by... It's definitely different from other ships!

While we were on the Muse, there were passengers on both sides of us. Other than slamming doors (on one side) when those passengers got in and out, we did not hear much, including TV sound.