Transportation from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral

student95

I am going on a cruise next month. I have never been to one before. I am flying in the night before the departure date to Orlando. I was assuming that there are plenty of rides going from the airport to Port Canaveral (50 miles). I was wrong. Every company stop running before 1pm. (They assume travelers come in the morning on the same day of the cruise.) It is too early to accommodate my arrival time. Any suggestion?

Rent a car one way, its about 100$ with one way to Port Canaveral terminal. We used Alamo and paid 125 for an SUV with a booster and there was a free shuttle to the terminal. I dropped the family off and then went and returned the car. It also allows you to find a place for dinner that is not in your hotel (Sandbar Sports Grill for a loud and lively time to start your vacation).

The car also allows you to run last minute errands in the area on the morning of the cruise if you forgot anything or need last minute items. Best decision we ever made. Even if you are only a couple, its worth the few extra bucks not to be tied to your hotel....

Going back to airport....smart-two.com shuttle - really nice van for up to 8 people, wifi, power jack for phone and really nice drivers....

I am going on a cruise next month. I have never been to one before. I am flying in the night before the departure date to Orlando. I was assuming that there are plenty of rides going from the airport to Port Canaveral (50 miles). I was wrong. Every company stop running before 1pm. (They assume travelers come in the morning on the same day of the cruise.) It is too early to accommodate my arrival time. Any suggestion?

One-way rental car gives you flexibilty to shop, dine, etc.

My family and I are arriving at the Orlando airport around 1230pm on Thurs Nov 30 for our Dec 1 cruise out of Port Canaveral. I found the same situation...no shuttles leaving that late. So, we've booked Sunshine Limousine to take us to our hotel in Port Canaveral. I haven't tried them before, and have not found many reviews at all, so it's a little nerve-wracking. When I return I will definitely post a review, to help others.

Thank you for the suggestions. My plan is to rent a car at the airport and drop it off in the morning at the location in town. I called them and they said there are free shuttles to the port and they suggested that I don't return the car until after 10:00am.