NCL Jewel Mini Suite - location?

tampagirl2

Hi,

We've just booked a mini suite on the Jewel for an Alaska northbound cruise in June 2019 - 11510 - for a family of 4 (2 kids who will be 5 and 6). It looks like this may be under the spa so hoping it will be quiet?

Also from my reading on a northbound cruise some prefer port side for viewing Glacier Bay?

There are still several mini suites available that sleep 4 so if other locations are preferable, I'm open to changing.

This will be our 1st NCL cruise, so any tips appreciated.

I don't think port or starboard makes a difference in Glacier Bay, as the ship will make a few pivots to provide both sides a view. I was on the starboard side last year on the Pearl, and it was fine for viewing. We spent a lot of the time in Glacier Bay at great outdoors, since the weather was near perfect.

You are right under the forward portion of the fitness center. However, it does have limited hours and not open in the later evening. And, I don't think we prefer one side of the ship or the other. We've always been partial to 11026 and 11028. That's because they are the last two forward that still have the larger balcony overhang. We like that for the bit of extra weather protection it provides. For the trip up to the Glacier, getting out on the ship to see the views from all angles is something I have done on both Alaska cruises.

You are right under the forward portion of the fitness center. However, it does have limited hours and not open in the later evening. And, I don't think we prefer one side of the ship or the other. We've always been partial to 11026 and 11028. That's because they are the last two forward that still have the larger balcony overhang. We like that for the bit of extra weather protection it provides. For the trip up to the Glacier, getting out on the ship to see the views from all angles is something I have done on both Alaska cruises.

I'll have to see if those are available! I like the idea of the overhang! I know my Florida kids will be cold! Do you know if any others have the overhang?

I don't think port or starboard makes a difference in Glacier Bay, as the ship will make a few pivots to provide both sides a view. I was on the starboard side last year on the Pearl, and it was fine for viewing. We spent a lot of the time in Glacier Bay at great outdoors, since the weather was near perfect.

Thank you! I hope we will have good weather also!

I'll have to see if those are available! I like the idea of the overhang! I know my Florida kids will be cold! Do you know if any others have the overhang?

Yea. The overhang runs for about 1/2 of the ship traveling from the middle towards front and back. Here's a web site that shows all the decks of the ships (Pearl is selected I think but same as the Jewel). You can actually drag one deck on top of the other to see what lines up above and below you. We also have had good luck with 11060 through about 11066. They are under a fairly quite deck 12 area during the evening hours. I'll never again get under the kids club area. It was like a heard of elephants frequently. And under the buffet can be noisy during sleeping hours while they clean up and prepare for next meals.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Pearl&zoom=1

• Like 1

Yea. The overhang runs for about 1/2 of the ship traveling from the middle towards front and back. Here's a web site that shows all the decks of the ships (Pearl is selected I think but same as the Jewel). You can actually drag one deck on top of the other to see what lines up above and below you. We also have had good luck with 11060 through about 11066. They are under a fairly quite deck 12 area during the evening hours. I'll never again get under the kids club area. It was like a heard of elephants frequently. And under the buffet can be noisy during sleeping hours while they clean up and prepare for next meals.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Pearl&zoom=1

This is awesome!!!!! Thank you!

• Like 1