Is Getaway Thermal Spa Pass worth it?

sjh422

Thinking about purchasing a thermal spa suite for our week cruise in September. will you give me your opinions of the experience for the price of $199 per person?

My husband and I purchase the spa pass each time we cruise. We went on the Getaway last year and found the spa to be super relaxing. We both feel like it's worth it because we love to lay around and read and relax, so I feel like it's a personal preference. There are a lot of the heated tile loungers which we love and it wasn't very crowded (but our ship wasn't all the way full).

When we were sailing the waves were choppy so the hot tubs weren't as relaxing during that time ;) but money well spent in my opinion. I do wish they had an area that opens to the outside like the Epic has, but oh well.

We just got off the Breakaway and had the spa pass for the week. Worth every penny for us. We lived the heated tile loungers, the hot tubs and the saunas/steam rooms and salt rooms. We went for at least an hour per day. At times there were lots of people in there but it never felt crowded, and I never had trouble getting a heated tile lounger. There were also regular cushioned lounge chairs, no heat. Also very comfy. I enjoyed relaxing in there and reading as well.

There is also ice water, orange flavored water, and different flavor tea bags and hot water at the entrance/exit to the thermal suite. I enjoyed some water before using the suite, then some more before leaving the suite along with a cup of green tea. A nice touch!

I purchased passes for my cruise at the end of August. I have not used the spa before, but am so looking forward to it. I was able to purchase mine online and save $20 per person. Not much, but that's $40 less and I don't have to rush to get one when getting on board. Enjoy your cruise!

I loved the Getaway Thermal Spa....and can't wait for the spa on my Escape cruise in March.. Also.....make sure u go and do the free drawings for spa credit. I won 150 towards any spa service....I got a massage/scrub combo and paid the difference.....So go for it![emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd like to add that, like the above poster, we also purchased out spa passes in advance and saved $40 for the two of us. I completely agree that it is an awesome deal to save the money as well as securing the pass before sailing date, and not having to run to the spa as soon as we boarded the ship!

Also, have you looked into upgrading to a spa category cabin, if they're available at this point? The spa cabins include access to the thermal suite all week, and if it's less than $400 more it is worth it for you to upgrade!

This is what I found about it. I don't think you get any scrubs though. I suppose you can buy them??

The Salt Room has its roots in the therapeutic salt caves of eastern Europe. The Salt Room on the Norwegian Getaway cruise ship is similar to the one on her sister ship the Norwegian Breakaway. Many believe that salt room therapy helps alleviate respiratory and skin ailments, strengthen the immune system, and promote better sleep. If it works as advertized, I think many of us could use a visit!

Hi there! I'll be taking my 1st NCL cruise in September. Can anyone provide the link to purchase the Spa pass? I can't find it on the NCL site. Is it available on all ships? I'll be on the sky.

I loved the spa on Getaway. It was so relaxing and Zen like.

It was my quiet oasis while my family rode the water slides. Defiantly worth it to me.

If you come back to the ship early on a port day the thermal spa is open and you can enjoy it empty or almost empty. I had the whole thing to myself for more than a hour.....strange but cool.

Now if you love bar service, music and deck parties at the main pool then, No its not for you.

My husband and I purchase the spa pass each time we cruise. We went on the Getaway last year and found the spa to be super relaxing. We both feel like it's worth it because we love to lay around and read and relax, so I feel like it's a personal preference. There are a lot of the heated tile loungers which we love and it wasn't very crowded (but our ship wasn't all the way full).

When we were sailing the waves were choppy so the hot tubs weren't as relaxing during that time ;) but money well spent in my opinion. I do wish they had an area that opens to the outside like the Epic has, but oh well.

Do you remember the hours of operation for the Thermal Spa? Did you use it on port days as well? Thank you!

Edited by carefree20
Shorten question

Hi there! I'll be taking my 1st NCL cruise in September. Can anyone provide the link to purchase the Spa pass? I can't find it on the NCL site. Is it available on all ships? I'll be on the sky.

I purchased my from my "My NCL" page. It's with shore excursions and dining reservations. This is for Getaway. Not sure about all ships

What is the salt room? Also do they give you any kind of scrubs to rub on your body in here?

The salt room is kept at 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit and has rock salt on the walls and in the middle, on the floor. I used it to cool down after the sauna. I have asthma and it's supposed to be good for respiratory conditions, as well as skin conditions. My asthma is well under control though (it only bothers me if I am sick with a respiratory infection), so I couldn't notice if it made a difference. It sure was relaxing though and nice to cool off after the sauna! No scrubs are available in the thermal suite at all. I think it would be way too messy in there!

Do you remember the hours of operation for the Thermal Spa? Did you use it on port days as well? Thank you!

On the Breakaway last week, it was open from 8am-10pm every day, except the last day when it was open from 8am-8pm. We used it either late morning or mid-afternoon every day while our kids enjoyed Splash Academy. We also used it in port days in the afternoon after we returned to the ship. In our sailing, they had one-day passes while in port for $45 each. I'm not sure if they offer these on all sailings though.

Edited by bangzoom6877

Thinking about purchasing a thermal spa suite for our week cruise in September. will you give me your opinions of the experience for the price of $199 per person?

Yes, it's worth it.

Does this package give you the scrubs and stuff you rub on your body before you get into the showes?

No, you're thinking of the Rasul treatment. That is not included in the Thermal Suite access.

We purchased them on a sailing once, when they were a little cheaper (I think it was $140/pp).

We did so because we were tired of waiting for room in hot tubs and DH doesn't love the pool deck area atmosphere.

We both decided it wasn't worth it for US. We only used it on sea days, which is when it was most crowded. We wake up around 9 and have breakfast, so by the time we're ready to use it, it's late morning or afternoon. In the evening, we like to enjoy other ship activities after dinner.

So, I think it's totally a personal preference thing. It's a nice area, but we just don't get the use to justify a weekly pass.

The salt room is kept at 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit and has rock salt on the walls and in the middle, on the floor. I used it to cool down after the sauna. I have asthma and it's supposed to be good for respiratory conditions, as well as skin conditions. My asthma is well under control though (it only bothers me if I am sick with a respiratory infection), so I couldn't notice if it made a difference. It sure was relaxing though and nice to cool off after the sauna! No scrubs are available in the thermal suite at all. I think it would be way too messy in there!

On the Breakaway last week, it was open from 8am-10pm every day, except the last day when it was open from 8am-8pm. We used it either late morning or mid-afternoon every day while our kids enjoyed Splash Academy. We also used it in port days in the afternoon after we returned to the ship. In our sailing, they had one-day passes while in port for $45 each. I'm not sure if they offer these on all sailings though.

Thank you! When I called NCL (2x) they couldn't answer the question, said I had to find out once I got on the ship. Blah, Blah, Blah... LoL!

• 2 weeks later...

for those that have used the spa (esp. on the Getaway), how does the "check-in" work? I've heard you get a sticker on your key card or a wristband (or just walk in because they don't pay attention to you). I don't want to have to carry much (or lose anything-I do that a lot lol). I'd be the only one getting it so hubby would be back in the room to let me back in

for those that have used the spa (esp. on the Getaway), how does the "check-in" work? I've heard you get a sticker on your key card or a wristband (or just walk in because they don't pay attention to you). I don't want to have to carry much (or lose anything-I do that a lot lol). I'd be the only one getting it so hubby would be back in the room to let me back in

You hand over your key card, they file it and unlock the door for you. You retrieve it on your way out. The door is locked and they check the name on the card each time to file it under your last initial in a little book. Meaning, yes, they pay attention and they knew my name by the second or third day.

It was 100% worth it to me. I dislike roasting in the sun

Edited by perditax

I loved the spa also, and I'm not a spa lover. It was truly relaxing. I went everyday except once. I tried one on the Dawn for free and it didn't have much in it. I wouldn't pay for that one but the Breakaway and Getaway's spa are excellent and well worth the price. On the Escape I read that there will be a snow room....I think that is what they called it. It is a cooling area for after the saunas. That should be interesting.:)

After they unlock the door. You can go into the locker room to change or leave any items you brought with you. There are lockers with codes you set each time you use them. Plenty of them.

There is a wall of folded towels and robes. No need to bring a towel.

The locker room also has large showers and lighted dressing tables with hairdryers.