Park and Stay in Newcastle

k8ti

We have booked for the Baltic Capital cruise sailing from Newcastle and want to drive up the night before and do a Hotel stay and leave the car for two weeks. This we have done many times from the airport at Manchester but I am struggling to fine the same at Newcastle Queyside. Has anyone any information or tips?

You do not embark at Newcastle quayside for starters.

Try Google north shields ferry terminal.

No good hotels there either.

Only likely park and stay would be at airport a 30mintaxi ride away.

Sorry not to be more help but I live in Newcastle and nearest might be holiday inn seaton burn

Sent from my ME371MG using Forums mobile app

Parking is available at Port of Tyne where you check in for and board the ship. We booked the parking as part of our online cruise booking with Thomson, but you can book direct on the Port of Tyne website http://www.portoftyne.co.uk/business-divisions/cruises-and-ferries/directions-and-parking.php

It was £10 per day through Thomson and looks like £12 per day booking direct. Your luggage is taken from you by the car park staff when you arrive there and delivered to your cabin. When you disembark your cases are taken from your cabin (night before) straight to the car park to await you.

We did this a few weeks ago.

Any other questions please ask.

Another option, check if Thomsons still have a shuttle bus from newcastle central station, find a hotel somewhere in the airport region, stay overnight and then park at Callerton airport parking (about £60 for two weeks), get the metro just across the road from the car park, get off the metro at central station and get the shuttle bus to the port terminal.

if no shuttle you can change the metro line at central station to get you to north shields which is only a 5 minute taxi ride to the port.

if you want more precise info just ask.

You do not embark at Newcastle quayside for starters.

Try Google north shields ferry terminal.

No good hotels there either.

Only likely park and stay would be at airport a 30mintaxi ride away.

Sorry not to be more help but I live in Newcastle and nearest might be holiday inn seaton burn

Sent from my ME371MG using Forums mobile app

Whats wrong with the Premier Inn? I stayed there and it was just fine like my other stays at Gatwick, Heathrow and Southampton.

• 9 months later...
Thanks for the advice. I have booked in at the Premier Inn Ferry Terminal. Hoping to get up early so we can enjoy the sights of Newcastle.

Can you leave your car at the Premier Inn for 2 weeks

Parking is available at Port of Tyne where you check in for and board the ship. We booked the parking as part of our online cruise booking with Thomson, but you can book direct on the Port of Tyne website http://www.portoftyne.co.uk/business-divisions/cruises-and-ferries/directions-and-parking.php

It was £10 per day through Thomson and looks like £12 per day booking direct. Your luggage is taken from you by the car park staff when you arrive there and delivered to your cabin. When you disembark your cases are taken from your cabin (night before) straight to the car park to await you.

We did this a few weeks ago.

Any other questions please ask.

Hi what time were you able to check in and board pls, we are driving up from the Midlands and plan to get there 11ish.

Yes you can leave your car at the Premier Inn if you stay overnight, we've just booked it after reading reviews, they ask for a donation to their charity and they let you leave your car there while you're away. It's looks to be under half a mile to the passenger terminal.

Hi what time were you able to check in and board pls, we are driving up from the Midlands and plan to get there 11ish.
I think check-in starts from 12:00 or 12:30 but arriving at 11:00 will give you time for the car parking and to get some refreshments in the terminal.

If you are travelling from the South, I recommend using the A19 and the Tyne Tunnel. The Cruise/Ferry terminal is signposted once you exit the tunnel.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Get there for 11 am. We have just got back and we arrived at 11.15am and boarded at 12.30. The ones that arrived later had to wait up to 3 hours. Embarcation is a real mess and needs looking at

Get there for 11 am. We have just got back and we arrived at 11.15am and boarded at 12.30. The ones that arrived later had to wait up to 3 hours. Embarcation is a real mess and needs looking at

Ok thanks, did you have a good time x