Blue Water Safari Dissappointment

terrirus

I am not one to give a negative review but after 25 cruises this is my first.....

We have used Blue Water Safari through the cruise ship excursions last year and had a fabulous time on the catamaran trip.

We were on this tour , (2/5//18) and were disappointed from the beginning. Nevis Beach Getaway

The meeting place was easy to find and there was a representative from Blue Safari that took our tickets, and that was the last we saw of anyone from Blue Safari.

As we were moved over to get on a water taxi, it was brought up that we were to be on a catamaran and was told that Blue Safari overbooked. We were not given an option to get our money back, just that they were overbooked and this is what we were to get.

We took the Public water taxi over to Nevis and had no idea from there what to do, We were not left at a beach, but left at the water taxi dock. Finally, we were told to get into a Taxi. We were not even sure where we were going. We got into a taxi and then brought to a beach.

Again, no further instructions other then be ready by 3:30pm.

The beach was far from what was described on the website description...

" With mile after mile of superb white sand and a beguiling array of options for eating and drinking, Pinney's is not only recognized as one of the finest beaches in the Leeward chain of islands, it's one of best in the entire Caribbean."

The beach was a dirt beach, there was broken glass, debris and condoms.

The water was murky, not the beautiful water as described. This was by far the worst beach we have ever been to in our 25 Caribbean cruises.

We were not given even a drink as described.

We were abandon there for 4 hours, in down pours and thunder storms. We were not given any contact info.

We were concerned we would make it back to the port in time to get our ship. We had to ask to people at the bar to see if they could reach out to the cab company that left us here, if they knew anything about us getting picked up. There we no other public water taxis going back to the island of St Kitts that day. Finally, there was a power boat that pulled up, at 3:45 pm. we had to get into the water and then climb up on the boat. There was a women there who had a very difficult time getting onto the power boat. Again, not the smooth ride on a catamaran that we were promised in the description on the website.

We paid $98 up front prior to getting to St Kitts, and did not get what we were promised.

We emailed Blue Waters Safari 2/10/18 - they responded quickly with " we hired a subcontractor for this tour who then hired another contractor without our knowledge and hence the reason for the misinformation." "In regards to Pinney's beach, it is one of the best beaches on the island and is known for having clear waters and white sand, we have been experiencing some very windy conditions lately and that may be the reason for the poor visibility and bad water conditions, We do apologize again for the unpleasant experience." I am not sure how windy weather would turn white sand beaches into black dirt?????

I would not recommend this tour company, we were very disappointed with their response to our email, they took no responsibility or action to correct it. We gave them a chance to right a wrong. We will never use them again. First time in 25 cruises that we had any issue with any excursions.

I would wonder who you booked this excursion through?? The ship?? Directly from Blue Water Safaris?? An independent operator?? This is not how Blue Ware operates!

We were on the same excursion booked directly with Blue Water. Worst excursion we have ever been on.

• 2 months later...

I appreciate your taking the time to post this - to spend $100 per person to be taken hostage in this way is completely outrageous! I've been looking for shore excursions for St. Kitts/Nevis and am definitely crossing "Blue Water" (perhaps should be renamed "Dirty Water"?) off my list.

• 1 month later...

Wow! Thanks for the info. I feel like I dodged a bullet there. I tried to book with Blue Water Safari for January of 2019. They said they were completely booked. Maybe they’ve learned from this not to overbook?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow. Thx for the info. Probably would have been cheaper to take ferry from port zante. What beach bar did you end up at?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately they did not give us a name of what beach we were at. There was a small bar, restaurant there.

I would wonder who you booked this excursion through?? The ship?? Directly from Blue Water Safaris?? An independent operator?? This is not how Blue Ware operates!

We booked this excursion directly through their website. And then contacted them to confirm everything and make payments via email.