Dawn - Live 11/27

TheDougOut

Oh man. I conked out early and missed a great late night wander. So my DF remains at 1.5 for another day.

So I guess O'Sheehan's is 24/7 for food like on the Escape? Awesome.

CruiseLifeRick did some great research and found old YouTube videos of the Dawn. Salsa was originally on Deck 8 (Blue Lagoon was tiny and originally only in that little spot on deck 7 where the photo gallery is now).

I love how you always take a picture of Sue sleeping and post it here. Courtney would kick me in the throat if I ever did that.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Folks next to me drinking Sam Adams, but the label looks unfamiliar. Any idea where this is from and why...

32c787cdf6f17f9412f08d997b7d789b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doug, that would be beer left over from European production. We were recently on Harmony of the Seas shortly after her TA and we had remaining product with that style of writing. I would guess that Dawn returned recently from a European TA?

I've always been fond of a beautiful aft....

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

LOL, I've always been frond of as nice aft too.:)

Edited by A&L_Ont

My setup for capturing time-lapse departures from the balcony...

34856d60796ad0a121cfc34e95ff7005.jpg

3caf1a53c354012ea4cace84009528f8.jpg

Good Morning Doug,

I'm in 12526 (2 cabins aft of yours) on the Jan 8th sailing.

I have been planning to do Time-lapses also. Interestingly with the exact equipment you are using.

I won't have the steel bulkhead to clamp onto.

Will the clamp hold onto the metal support between the glass panels, the rail, or the glass itself and reach over and out enough to shoot with side/forward view.

Also is a 1 sec interval too fast for departures? I'm thinking 2-5 sec for the departure from NOLA and down the river, but ports I was thinking 1sec would show more action.

Thoughts????

Thank you

Mark

Doug, that would be beer left over from European production. We were recently on Harmony of the Seas shortly after her TA and we had remaining product with that style of writing. I would guess that Dawn returned recently from a European TA?

LOL, I've always been frond of as nice aft too.:)

Closest it has been was Bermuda. Not sure where they would get the stuff from. Maybe Sam Adams had some extra they didn't sell and NCL got a buy on the stuff and picked it up in Boston.

Closest it has been was Bermuda. Not sure where they would get the stuff from. Maybe Sam Adams had some extra they didn't sell and NCL got a buy on the stuff and picked it up in Boston.

That would make sense. Dexddd, I'm not familiar with NCL ships and their routes. However, I do like following specific live posters and Doug is one of the best.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Phenomenal review and love the videos

Along this same idea..... this sounds like a weird request but.... I am on the Dawn in May and have an Aft Balcony (10730)...... I was curious how much of an overhang the spa windows are. My balcony would be under that (there are two aft balconies in the direct middle and then two aft penthouses on the outer sides of the aft balconies)...... so my weird request is: could you take a picture from the spa down to the balcony below so I have an idea of the privacy of the balcony? Thank you very much!!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure if this helps but here's a pic I took FROM our aft suite balcony last year 10728, I believe right next to 10730, looking up at the spa windows. The deck 10 balconies if I recall are about half covered, half not.7c318aad785fa51d1afac8b612f814c5.jpg

Edited: I've long thought that the two deck 10 non suite aft balcony cabins were probably the best value on the Dawn. They seem to book very fast!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Edited by welove2cruise2014

I love how you always take a picture of Sue sleeping and post it here. Courtney would kick me in the throat if I ever did that.

Did you not see the height comparison photo?

I'd be another the man down for the count. Lisa would not be happy with me at all.

5686fccce734bc575b7228cdcd7fe0bd.jpg

(if I didn't share photos of sue sleeping, some people would dismiss her as an imaginary friend)

Edited by TheDougOut

Will the clamp hold onto the metal support between the glass panels, the rail, or the glass itself and reach over and out enough to shoot with side/forward view.

Also is a 1 sec interval too fast for departures? I'm thinking 2-5 sec for the departure from NOLA and down the river, but ports I was thinking 1sec would show more action.

Hmmm... looking at my windows (and yours are likely different), I see nothing where you could clamp. If all else fails, the clamp fits on the back of the suite dining chairs. I did this setup for one shot where I wanted the cabin's interior within the view.

I did a 5 sec interval for the flights, which looked great. Since on-board I've been doing 1 sec intervals to catch some of the subtle movements. The trip down the Mississippi is very fun at this pace (1 minute = 1 second). If anything is too slow, we can always speed it up in post.

I'm not sure if this helps but here's a pic I took FROM our aft suite balcony last year 10728, I believe right next to 10730, looking up at the spa windows.

Great photo! At first glance I thought I was looking across the Garden Villas.

So whats up for today? In Honduras we have gone to Maya Key twice and last cruise we took a Channin Bodden tour. (I cant watch your videos at work, lol!!)

Last November my daughter and her best friend wanted to zipline and didn't want to go through woods, so they did it right there at the pier.

Uh, I just recalled that tendering was mentioned for today. Could someone provide info on how this works for us? Do I need to get assigned tickets, or do suite guests have a different process?

Check to see if you have to tender, one time they told us that we would need to tender, but we actually docked. (it was funny, I was in the atrium and about 20 people were asking about tender tickets, but we were docked).

Suite guests can "cut the line", if you are heading out early, with a later time, you probably wont need to. The concierge probably left you a letter (along with about 20 other letters, LOL)

Have a great day!!