Tasmania

gerrmack

You do not say which part of Tasmania you will be staying in. Will it be Hobart, Launceston or another town or city.

Tasmania is a very reasonable place to stay by Australian standards therefore it will be quite economical for you Canadians.

Please let us know where and we can help you.

Jennie

Tasmania is a great place to visit......

Forget about booking places to stay......

When you pull up at night there will somewhere to stay

The locals will see to that.......

Just grab a rental car and go......

You will meet some of the most friendliest people on this planet

and see spectactular scenerey..........

Go for it,,,,,,

explore and enjoy

Thanks for the replies. We are going at the end of December which is a holiday so I was told to book accomodation early. It seems that is true as many places are already booked. I have 2 nights in Hobart and am trying to find one night Dec27 on the north east shore but I do have a couple of leads.

Thanks again for your replies.

As you are going over our Christmas break which extends well into January you will definitely need to book.

There are some great places to stay in Hobart but you will find it hard over the end of December as the Sydney to Hobart yacht race, which starts on Boxing Day - 26th - ends in Hobart just before or around New Years Eve so most of the hotels, B&B's could be booked out.

Here is a website which quite good:http://www.discovertasmania.com.au/home/index.cfm?language=English

If I were looking for somewhere on the North East Coast I would go no farther than Coles Bay and the Freycinet Penisula. It is just beautiful down there.

Here is another website.

http://www.wilmap.com.au/coles_bay.html

Jennie

We've stayed at the Hotel Grand Chancellor in Hobart. It's probably the best hotel in town - certainly the biggest. It's a comfortable, basic hotel. Pay extra for a harbout view, it's well worth it.

Hotel Lena is also a good choice,

the rooms are not as pretty as the lobby and public rooms, but I think it's been renovated since we were there in 2000.

Don't miss visiting the Port Arthur Prison. Fascinating and amazing.

Jane

There is a winery very close to the Hobart called the Moorilla estate where you can have a great lunch. Here is the website: http://travel.ninemsn.com.au/getaway/factsheets/2002/17/factsheet8.asp

Most of the wines from Tasmania which are excellent by the way, come from up north around Launceston and the east coast.

Jennie

Archived