Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

I had good luck yesterday doing our check in on the new site. Went through all the pages fine, adding information, etc. Printed out the Xpress Pass document and then it logged me out like others have experienced. I checked today and all the information was still in there.

I think that's a better experience than some of you had just a few days ago.

I have 3 cruises booked on the Reflection B2B2B for January 2018 and I can't purchase any dining packages. Or excursions!!

Is it too early?? I have OBC.

Grrrrr.......!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 3 cruises booked on the Reflection B2B2B for January 2018 and I can't purchase any dining packages. Or excursions!!

Is it too early?? I have OBC.

Grrrrr.......!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the way Celebrity's website is and has been acting, I wouldn't trust it. We have a couple of cruises coming up this fall and we've decided to play it safe and book our excursions on board.

From a prior conversation with Captain's Club I learned that the website uses a separate database from Captain's Club. The two databases are supposed to sync with each other on a regular schedule, however this has proven problematic. I was really hoping that with the new website Celebrity would correct these underlying architectural issues. No such luck. It seems they simply developed a new front end website sitting on top of the old data architecture. I don't think Celebrity really understands the fundamental problem people had with the old website..... it wasn't so much the user interface - it was the fact that it basically didn't work. It seems Celebrity choose to create a new user interface and ignore the underlying problems that were causing so many people problems.

Indeed, but the person who made that decision is probably still employed. User interface work is visible and costly, backend work is not visible and extremely costly. The people who made the decision and higher ups who failed to fix the problem all get to keep their jobs while customers eventually sail other lines with better self service websites and shareholders see profits decline due to customer loss & rising call center usage.

Or perhaps that is the secret - they want to encourage a FOMO YOLO culture who buys everything they see on board because it is near impossible to plan for anything ahead of time. "Yes! You, too, can buy something on-board! Better get something while you can still get anything because everyone couldn't buy what they wanted ahead of time."

All software industry cynicism aside, I hope they have planned to upgrade the backend and simply pushed out the front end changes sooner to show they're listening and want to improve.

All software industry cynicism aside, I hope they have planned to upgrade the backend and simply pushed out the front end changes sooner to show they're listening and want to improve.

Well, they hired the company that fixed the ACA website for the Dept. of Health and Human Services in the US (Accenture), so I suspect they will get the database problems fixed eventually.

I thought perhaps Accenture was responsible for the new front end of the website, but someone here on CC indicated they don't really do the public facing website work, but specialize in the back end operations .... basically all the things X has had trouble with recently.

Old Website: Log in with name and password up comes My reservations

New Site: Log in with name and password. Wait until Welcome and my name appears. Wait until I can click on welcome for a box to appear offering me choices. Click on My Reservations. Click Manage my reservation. Wait. Click on Cruise Planner. Computer freezes and up comes a box saying Celebrity Cruises is not responding Retry. I retry. Same thing. I close the box. After about 15 minutes (sometimes) the page loads. More often I shut it down and call Captains Club.

Old Website: I go to my profile and edit my insurance information, click save.

New Site: I go to my profile and put in my new insurance information. (same format as old policy 4 numbers, followed by 4 letters, followed by 4 numbers) click save. Up jumps a box telling me it will only accept numbers. I go to the Old Website put in new policy numbers and letters, click save. Go to the New Site and there is my corrected information.

Old Website: Go to home page. Do a cruise search. Put in sail date from and until. Can put in Destination, Ship. Click Go. Up comes a complete list.

New Site: Go to home page. Put in dates, click Apply. Click Search. Wait. Up comes a page with lots of info. I find the tiny pale Refine icon and click it. Wait. Click Ship. Wait. Click Offers. Wait. Click +55. Wait. Click Residence. Wait up come Alabama as my choice. I don't live in Alabama. I click Alabama again. Wait. A dropdown box appears with a listing and I choose my state. Wait. Then Click search. A page appears. I can't see the cruise I'm searching for but notice a tiny change date on a similar itinerary. I click it. a month appears with <> icons. I click the > icon and another month appears. I click that. The date of the cruise I'm searching for appears. I click that and there it is.

What else needs to be said, except that explains why Captains Club has wait times up to 20 minutes when they never did before.

On the same Mac today, using Firefox, the old website comes up with non-working links to Plan a Cruise: Find a Cruise.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/canyon-ranch-spaclub#/itinerary-search

Using Safari, the new website comes up. No way to see all sailings for a particular ship in chronological order. First, you have to choose the name of the cruise (such as Eastern Caribbean) and then click "Change Date" to see other sailings under that name. It never occurred to anyone at Celebrity IT that some people will consider a variety of itineraries because they want to sail on a particular ship. It's a shame that they took a working, though sometimes dysfunctional website and decided to make it worse (though prettier) instead of better.

It's a good thing the experience, once you get on board, is overall pretty darn good (except for food). Otherwise, I may not wish to go through the hoops to find Celebrity cruises to take.

On the same Mac today, using Firefox, the old website comes up with non-working links to Plan a Cruise: Find a Cruise.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/canyon-ranch-spaclub#/itinerary-search

Using Safari, the new website comes up. No way to see all sailings for a particular ship in chronological order. First, you have to choose the name of the cruise (such as Eastern Caribbean) and then click "Change Date" to see other sailings under that name. It never occurred to anyone at Celebrity IT that some people will consider a variety of itineraries because they want to sail on a particular ship. It's a shame that they took a working, though sometimes dysfunctional website and decided to make it worse (though prettier) instead of better.

It's a good thing the experience, once you get on board, is overall pretty darn good (except for food). Otherwise, I may not wish to go through the hoops to find Celebrity cruises to take.

I agree with all of what you said, except the food part! Somehow on a 2 week cruise, despite visiting the gym regularly and walking the steps I manage to gain 5-7 pounds! Taste is subjective:D. The new website issues are fact.

I agree with all of what you said, except the food part! Somehow on a 2 week cruise, despite visiting the gym regularly and walking the steps I manage to gain 5-7 pounds! Taste is subjective:D. The new website issues are fact.

Fair enough.:)

Old Website: Go to home page. Do a cruise search. Put in sail date from and until. Can put in Destination, Ship. Click Go. Up comes a complete list.

New Site: Go to home page. Put in dates, click Apply. Click Search. Wait. Up comes a page with lots of info. I find the tiny pale Refine icon and click it. Wait. Click Ship. Wait. Click Offers. Wait. Click +55. Wait. Click Residence. Wait up come Alabama as my choice. I don't live in Alabama. I click Alabama again. Wait. A dropdown box appears with a listing and I choose my state. Wait. Then Click search. A page appears. I can't see the cruise I'm searching for but notice a tiny change date on a similar itinerary. I click it. a month appears with <> icons. I click the > icon and another month appears. I click that. The date of the cruise I'm searching for appears. I click that and there it is.

Here is an alternate approach:

New Site:

1. Go to celebrity web site

2. On Home Page, Select date range, click apply.

3. Select destination, click apply.

4. Select departure port, click apply.

Wait 1-2 seconds, first page of search results shows up.

Select your Sort option:

5a Sort by Price, Low to Highest, or

5b Sort by Price, High to Lowest, or

5c Sort by Ship, or

5d Sort by Date, or

5e Sort by Duration, and

6. View list of cruises.

Decide where/when and book...

I was set to see the cruise price in CDN $. Today it is the new site and I cannot see the CDN price. Only US. When I log in and go to my cruise, the one I have reserved for October show the CDN price I paid, but everything else is in US. I will call IT, but they must be very busy today.

Does anyone know if there is a place to change the currency. I cannot find it.

I was set to see the cruise price in CDN $. Today it is the new site and I cannot see the CDN price. Only US. When I log in and go to my cruise, the one I have reserved for October show the CDN price I paid, but everything else is in US. I will call IT, but they must be very busy today.

Does anyone know if there is a place to change the currency. I cannot find it.

The very last line on the bottom of the home page gives the option to change the country.

Funny .. I can do this and see specials .. but absolutely nothing else

The very last line on the bottom of the home page gives the option to change the country.

Funny .. I can do this and see specials .. but absolutely nothing else

Thank you. I just could not find it! It hurts to see how much more it costs us now :(

I have to say that the logging in and getting to "manage your reservation" only takes me about 10 seconds. I'm using Windows 7 on this computer with the latest version of Chrome, and have all ad blockers off for the site.

In fact, it is normally fast enough for me that when I went to the trouble of doing a screen capture of the process the person I was trying to help complained that it went too fast with "too many moving pictures" (?). Learned my lesson, so I don't spend any time helping people out any more, but I will share my experience.

I have to say that the logging in and getting to "manage your reservation" only takes me about 10 seconds. I'm using Windows 7 on this computer with the latest version of Chrome, and have all ad blockers off for the site.

In fact, it is normally fast enough for me that when I went to the trouble of doing a screen capture of the process the person I was trying to help complained that it went too fast with "too many moving pictures" (?). Learned my lesson, so I don't spend any time helping people out any more, but I will share my experience.

I get in pretty easy about 3/4 of the time. But every now and again it just keeps looping back to the logon screen.

Perhaps you could offer help to the rest of us and not the 1 who complained? Or, better yet, to the head of X IT team who couldn't help me in over an hour on the phone today. I'm being serious, not sarcastic. I logged in today with IT following step by step with me. I used Edge incognito window after clearing cookies and cache first. I logged on, went to my reservations, clicked manage my reservation, then clicked on cruise planner. The screen became nonresponsive, said, celebrity cruises is not responding. It finally loaded the page after 15 minutes of lag time (not an exaggeration). I clicked on order history and then it took me to a log in screen, even though according to the log in in the upper right hand corner of the page that still said Welcome (my name). I'm glad someone is having success! Maybe you should by lottery tickets.:)

Old Website: Log in with name and password up comes My reservations

New Site: Log in with name and password. Wait until Welcome and my name appears. Wait until I can click on welcome for a box to appear offering me choices. Click on My Reservations. Click Manage my reservation. Wait. Click on Cruise Planner. Computer freezes and up comes a box saying Celebrity Cruises is not responding Retry. I retry. Same thing. I close the box. After about 15 minutes (sometimes) the page loads. More often I shut it down and call Captains Club.

Old Website: I go to my profile and edit my insurance information, click save.

New Site: I go to my profile and put in my new insurance information. (same format as old policy 4 numbers, followed by 4 letters, followed by 4 numbers) click save. Up jumps a box telling me it will only accept numbers. I go to the Old Website put in new policy numbers and letters, click save. Go to the New Site and there is my corrected information.

What else needs to be said, except that explains why Captains Club has wait times up to 20 minutes when they never did before.

The solution is clear. You need to move to Alabama.

Now I can finally see what others have been seeing for a while.

I just got the new site for first time yesterday, no matter the browser I was using, and aside from visual changes I notice the site no longer auto converts the pricing to $CAD due to my location, it is in US. Took me a second to realize, I was trying to reconcile the pricing I was seeing which I knew was a bit off from what I was seeing before in my cruise searches.

Wonder if this will be permanent change or just a blip along the way as they slowly make the new site available. For now I have to teach my brain to consider this, I tend to keep looking at the cruise I have currently booked (in $CAD) in case cost goes down, now it won't be so easy to glance without extra thinking and calculations.

Oh and for the record, not sure I like the pictures and 'prettiness' at the cost of extra steps to get where I'm going within my reservation.

Well, they hired the company that fixed the ACA website for the Dept. of Health and Human Services in the US (Accenture), so I suspect they will get the database problems fixed eventually.....

If you like your cruise line's website, you can keep it.;p