Breakaway SDP what to order

brikee

Going on a 14 day in jan and we have SDP which I believe is 6 meals in either Cagneys, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Modernk, and Teppanyaki. One main and unlimited apps/dessert right?

I was wondering if anyone had a favorite dish to try or must have? We will be in haven and have two little ones under 4 so we will probably have dinner in suite most of the time or at buffet. Except for teppanyaki.

We went one a one week this past May and had 3 SDP but only used it once at teppanyaki because it was so hard sitting through a meal with kids. That's why I decided to splurge and stay in haven so we can enjoy more things. Look forward to hearing recommendations!

Monderno, meats carved table-side, would be a hard room service choice.

Don't forget that you could order some lovely seafood from Ocean Blue also (for a small upcharge).

We were in the Havens on the Breakaway in June. We love our steak and lobster, so Cagneys (rib eye) and Ocean Blue (lobster and surf and turf) were our favorites.

The restaurant manager in the Havens restaurant will tell you that the prime rib in the Havens restaurant is the same as Cagney's,,, so save your SDP credits and order the prime rib for free.

Our least favorite restaurant was Le Bistro. NCL changed the Le Bistro menu with the launch of the Escape in 2015. We just don't like the new menu (the preparation of the lamb, mussels, escargot are just not the same). That is purely a matter of taste.

You need to put your kids in the kid's club and go and enjoy your specialty meals without them. It's not like you're abandoning them... and depending on their ages, they will have way more fun in the club than in some restaurant. Just a thought... take them to the buffet as kids love the buffet and then after they go to the kid's club, you can enjoy a nice meal for two. I loved Moderno and La Cucina. I didn't go to Le Bistro because of all the seafood dishes, but heard from many that it was their favourite restaurant. Teppanyaki was just okay for us. Cagney's was great too. Hope you have fun! Enjoy the Haven and all the perks that come with it.

Will probably skip moderno then because I'm not a fan of a Brazilian tableside dining. Thank you for the tip on the prime rib! Good to know.

4 nights of SDP is better than none. Last time we only got to use one out of 3. Hope we can use more this time around.

Two of my favorite meals on the ship were the Porterhouse at Cagney's and the Osso Buco at La Cucina. My wife was especially impressed with Cagneys as well, and loved the Crab Cake at Cagneys almost as much as her filet.

Teppanyaki was fun, and the food quite good, and the scallops perfectly cooked, but it was just the least impressive of the 3 specialty meals I had. I got the seafood combo there, for reference, and also tried some of my wife's chicken from her chicken/shrimp combo.

You need to put your kids in the kid's club and go and enjoy your specialty meals without them. It's not like you're abandoning them... and depending on their ages, they will have way more fun in the club than in some restaurant. Just a thought... take them to the buffet as kids love the buffet and then after they go to the kid's club, you can enjoy a nice meal for two. I loved Moderno and La Cucina. I didn't go to Le Bistro because of all the seafood dishes, but heard from many that it was their favourite restaurant. Teppanyaki was just okay for us. Cagney's was great too. Hope you have fun! Enjoy the Haven and all the perks that come with it.

Trust me, I would love to drop them off at kid's club if I could but it starts at 3 years old. I can only drop the 3 year old at Splash Academy (which I did on our May cruise and it was awesome, he loved it) so I'll definitely be doing that again. I can't wait until my youngest is 3 years old, he just turned 2 this month!

If you have any favorite dishes from those restaurants (except for Moderno), feel free to share! I was looking forward to any recommended dishes to try.

Two of my favorite meals on the ship were the Porterhouse at Cagney's and the Osso Buco at La Cucina. My wife was especially impressed with Cagneys as well, and loved the Crab Cake at Cagneys almost as much as her filet.

Teppanyaki was fun, and the food quite good, and the scallops perfectly cooked, but it was just the least impressive of the 3 specialty meals I had. I got the seafood combo there, for reference, and also tried some of my wife's chicken from her chicken/shrimp combo.

Thank you! I've made a note of those dishes to try. :)

• 5 weeks later...