Got one of 'THOSE' questions??

*Mach*

From time to time questions come up that are... well... different. As an example we've had rumors, followed by questions, that Carnival was going to buy RCCL. We've also had 'why is Carnival charging for ice tea in the dining room?'; 'Why is Carnival discontinuing the Past Guest Parties?' and 'Why no more ship on a stick???'

A lot of folks are doing a 'John, please reply' at johnhealdsblog.com looking for answers and there's not a thing wrong with that other than it's taking John about 3 weeks to get to the questions.

If you would, could y'all please email me those questions so I can get an answer a bit quicker, at least quick enough to prevent a firestorm developing over something like 'Why won't Carnival let me bring my pet raccoon on board with me?'

Y'all get the drift.

Please, don't ask the questions here... email me. My address is near the top of my signature... I'll add the questions and answers here.

:)

Mach

It really is too bad that more folks don't use that 'search' feature more often to find out answers to those little questions... Sure could save lots of trouble.

Or maybe a 'XX most frequently asked questions' sticky?

It really is too bad that more folks don't use that 'search' feature more often to find out answers to those little questions... Sure could save lots of trouble.

Or maybe a 'XX most frequently asked questions' sticky?

In most of these instances the search feature would be of little help.

These nearly always start out 'I heard from my third cousin who knows a guy who's sister sailed on the Splendor and SHE said she overheard one of the crew say that Carnival was going to buy the US Navy...'

:rolleyes:

Most people know that these odd statements simply aren't true but given enough time to wander around the board and they become urban legend...

MachMan,

John Heald's blog started out innocent enough as a way for one man to convey his thoughts, experiences, and insights to those who may be interested. It quickly exploded into a fix all tell all of a sort not seen before. I suspect your effort to allow his blog and this forum to develop in a better format will take great effort.

Here's hoping you succeed. :)

One thing that amazes me most about John's blog is that it didn't start this year or even last year. It seems like he just started it, but it's been around for a while now. I hope it lasts at least until Carnival Dream is retired from active service.

Oh yeah, one more thing; Please forward next Wednesday's Powerball numbers to my email address. I would ask via your email, but I want to make sure you get the message and in case you don't, perhaps someone will. :cool: I would ask for tonight's numbers, but I realize it's a bit short notice and I don't want to rush the process. When I win, we'll all take a CC group cruise as a charter. ;)

MachMan,

John Heald's blog started out innocent enough as a way for one man to convey his thoughts, experiences, and insights to those who may be interested. It quickly exploded into a fix all tell all of a sort not seen before. I suspect your effort to allow his blog and this forum to develop in a better format will take great effort.

Here's hoping you succeed. :)

One thing that amazes me most about John's blog is that it didn't start this year or even last year. It seems like he just started it, but it's been around for a while now. I hope it lasts at least until Carnival Dream is retired from active service.

Oh yeah, one more thing; Please forward next Wednesday's Powerball numbers to my email address. I would ask via your email, but I want to make sure you get the message and in case you don't, perhaps someone will. :cool: I would ask for tonight's numbers, but I realize it's a bit short notice and I don't want to rush the process. When I win, we'll all take a CC group cruise as a charter. ;)

Howdy, Paul!!

I really don't think it's that daunting a task. There are very few of these types of questions but when the appear they draw a TON of attention.

Typically, most folks will poo-poo these rumors and go on their way but some will take it to heart and see it as a reduction in service, quality or whatever and begin a campaign to reverse a decision that was never made.

Now, there have been instances when the topic was accurate. The Sail and Sign card thing comes to mind but that one was begun on John's Blog and sort of fixed here. I think was brilliant even if it was a bit overdone.

All I want to do is address concerns as quickly as possible, confirm or negate and get on with life.

We've seen these things blow up several times previously. The threads suck in posts like a black hole, quickly degenerate into tit for tat, name calling, anger ultimately end up getting poofed after dozens of posts have been deleted and lots of feelings hurt.

I think it'll work, at least I hope it will...

Mach, I think you're gonna be getting alot of very strange e-mails... :D

I kinda doubt it...

These things don't crop up often but when they do they tend to become consuming...

So far, I've only gotten a few emails, none of which were about any kind of rumor...

I just want y ou to know my raccoon is mightily disappointed he can't go with me on my next cruise.

Oh wait.. my next cruise isn't on Carnival....I wonder if Hurtigruten has such restrictions?? :p

The difference is, on Carnival, they are pets. On your next cruise, it may be your entree.

I think it'll work, at least I hope it will...

Mach,

I think it will assist John greatly. I can imagine the frustration he must feel with reading the constant stream of gimme gimme gimme emails.

I received the lottery numbers you sent me via email. TYVM! ;)

Mach,

I think it will assist John greatly. I can imagine the frustration he must feel with reading the constant stream of gimme gimme gimme emails.

I received the lottery numbers you sent me via email. TYVM! ;)

Now that you have the winning numbers, please don't forget me on your next cruise.

Mach will vouch for me!!!!

I just booked my 10th cruise with Carnival (14th overall) and my regular person who I book all my Carnival cruises through, a PVP, told me that my Sail and Sign won't show VIP or Platinum and I should go to the VIP line and tell them this is my 10th cruise. And, the card I receive won't show Platinum due to it being my 10th cruise and my my 11th etc. Once on board, she stated to go to the purser's desk to get my Platinum card. As much as I love her and she has always been exceptional in the past, I am not sure if this info is correct.

Should it show VIP and Platinum on the docs?

On a brighter note, I already know someone on the rollcall....Lambknuckles and I met her at the beach ball drop in Dallas.

http://www.webshots.com/user/robtx100

I just booked my 10th cruise with Carnival (14th overall) and my regular person who I book all my Carnival cruises through, a PVP, told me that my Sail and Sign won't show VIP or Platinum and I should go to the VIP line and tell them this is my 10th cruise. And, the card I receive won't show Platinum due to it being my 10th cruise and my my 11th etc. Once on board, she stated to go to the purser's desk to get my Platinum card. As much as I love her and she has always been exceptional in the past, I am not sure if this info is correct.

On a brighter note, I already know someone on the rollcall....Lambknuckles and I met her at the beach ball drop in Dallas.

www.webshots.com/user/robtx100

Hi, Rob!!

Wasn't the Beach Ball shoot a bunch of fun!

If everything works as it should your Fun Pass will reflect your VIP status as Platinum and your Sail & Sign card, issued during check in, will be Platinum as well.

Go direct to VIP check in and everything should be a breeze after that!!

www.webshots.com/user/robtx100

robtx100,

I had a similar issue with printing our FunPass for our upcoming cruise. I posted the contact info in your webshots album for the people you need to speak with at Carnival to get the problem corrected.

In our case my cruise history has all of our cruises and Karen's does not. Karen's has only five past cruises which is an improvement over two that our PVP was able to add.

By the way, I am PaulMedik using my DW Karen's computer at the moment. For some reason my account isn't working, but luckily Karen created her own a few days ago. I posted the info to your webshots account when I couldn't post it here. :o

Robtx100,

When you read your webshots comments, feel free to delete the one I posted since you don't need it.

No worries...I'm a dum-dum for not doing the Funpass before posting the question. Thanks. Your name sounds familiar...I know we've msg'd before on here a long time ago.

Mach....Yes the BeachBall event was great. I've already warned the other cruisers on our rollcall that Lambie is a little,.....well,.........CRAZY! LOL. Didn't she ride with you to the event?

Archived