Freedom Serenity Lounge Argument

carpathia

Hey all,

Returned recently from a cruise on the Freedom. It was a pleasant experience overall, I loved the Serenity lounge with the big round chairs. They were in high demand. I showed up at 9:30am and someone had left their empty bag with book on top on one of those big round chairs. I waited half an hour and they were still no show, so I moved their book and bag to the table next to the chair and took my place. FOUR HOURS later they showed up and started yelling at me that I was rude to move their bag. I told them it was rude of them to hog a chair like that (DH and I were both sharing it, it's huge) and then disappear for the entire morning. They then claimed they had only been gone for a few minutes and the attendant had told them they could leave their stuff on the chair for as long as they want. Amazing how people can lie with a straight face. I didn't budge and they walked off disgruntled.

My biggest disappointment with the cruise was that the attendants did nothing to discourage this type of chair hogging. Although I noticed in the serenity lounge most people stayed on their chairs, they didn't leave them unattended.

Just thought I'd share my experience, overall it was a good trip.

Carpathia

Last week on the Fantasy I spotted attendants removing things from chairs several times. Also Security was all over people with drinks in the regular pools and hot tubs and babies/tea bags in the pools. The funniest was a woman that just could not take no for an answer. She had an inflatable covered baby float. I saw security tell her three times to take it and the baby out of the pool. The third time they took the float.:p

Last week on the Fantasy I spotted attendants removing things from chairs several times. Also Security was all over people with drinks in the regular pools and hot tubs and babies/tea bags in the pools. The funniest was a woman that just could not take no for an answer. She had an inflatable covered baby float. I saw security tell her three times to take it and the baby out of the pool. The third time they took the float.:p

*sarcasm button on* How dare they ruin her vacation that way! *sarcasm button off*

And in 10 years, her child will be the one in the elevator pushing all the buttons.:rolleyes:

I wish they would have done that on the Sensation when I was on it last year. We had a rather large woman with a large number of infants/toddlers (all of which were wearing diapers...how did this woman get this many children?) that was intent on turning the main hot tub into her and her kids personal play area on the day at sea. When someone politely asked her if she could be considerate of others and relocate for a little while, she stood up (taking a large amount of the water with her) and proceeded to shout and holler "you can't tell me an my children what to do...wah wah wah..." so nobody attempted that again. I wouldn't want to know what the filters looked like that day.

I wish they would have done that on the Sensation when I was on it last year. We had a rather large woman with a large number of infants/toddlers (all of which were wearing diapers...how did this woman get this many children?) that was intent on turning the main hot tub into her and her kids personal play area on the day at sea. When someone politely asked her if she could be considerate of others and relocate for a little while, she stood up (taking a large amount of the water with her) and proceeded to shout and holler "you can't tell me an my children what to do...wah wah wah..." so nobody attempted that again. I wouldn't want to know what the filters looked like that day.

Octomom?

And in 10 years, her child will be the one in the elevator pushing all the buttons.:rolleyes:

Haha yeah we got stuck in an elevator with a bunch of girls pushing all the buttons. I put my body in front of the button pad so they couldn't push them anymore once they deactivated. They got pissed and left to go to another elevator. Thank god!

Hey all,

Returned recently from a cruise on the Freedom. It was a pleasant experience overall, I loved the Serenity lounge with the big round chairs. They were in high demand. I showed up at 9:30am and someone had left their empty bag with book on top on one of those big round chairs. I waited half an hour and they were still no show, so I moved their book and bag to the table next to the chair and took my place. FOUR HOURS later they showed up and started yelling at me that I was rude to move their bag. I told them it was rude of them to hog a chair like that (DH and I were both sharing it, it's huge) and then disappear for the entire morning. They then claimed they had only been gone for a few minutes and the attendant had told them they could leave their stuff on the chair for as long as they want. Amazing how people can lie with a straight face. I didn't budge and they walked off disgruntled.

My biggest disappointment with the cruise was that the attendants did nothing to discourage this type of chair hogging. Although I noticed in the serenity lounge most people stayed on their chairs, they didn't leave them unattended.

Just thought I'd share my experience, overall it was a good trip.

Carpathia

At least you didnt take their stuff, the wife and I were on the Freedom serenity deck last week and I put my hat and sunglasses on the chair we were laying in and we ran down to the bar on Lido, when I came up (less than 5 minutes) my tigers hat and shades were gone. I checked guest services probably 15 times in the hopes that they were turned in, no luck

We were on the Freedom also last week (had a GREAT time). The Serenity area was very hard to get a chair. One morning I went up about 7:00 to get a lounger for my DH who likes the shade. There were already towels, books, etc on the round beds. DH had it for a couple of hours. I did not spend any time there because I like the sun and the pool. It was easy to get a chair by the pool for myself. I did see people complain to the staff and things were removed by staff members.

I spent time at the adult pool and the main pool and found a single chair each time.

At least you didnt take their stuff, the wife and I were on the Freedom serenity deck last week and I put my hat and sunglasses on the chair we were laying in and we ran down to the bar on Lido, when I came up (less than 5 minutes) my tigers hat and shades were gone. I checked guest services probably 15 times in the hopes that they were turned in, no luck

Hi guys, great cruise:D

Sorry to hear about someone taking your stuff.

Each time I had a chair I made friends with the person next to me so when one of us went to get lunch, bathroom, pool etc. the other would watch there stuff and chair. I guess they could have taken my stuff also but they didn't.

We noticed the same thing on the Freedom... total lack of deck/pool security. The Serenity area was insane. Half of those round beds didn't even have people in them, they were just saved. Good for you for removing the items and standing up for yourself.

Luckily we have had better luck on the Miracle. This will be our fourth time on this ship, and every time the pool guards have actually enforced the rules.

It was a Twins Fan!:D

Clearly this is something that Carnival staff should handle.

People on vacation should not have to be the "idiot police".....

if Carnival staff moves it...THEN when Ms. StupidArrogantSlob comes back...you can look her straight in the eye and say..."what book (or shoe or towel or sunglasses)....I did not move a thing.... :)

Clearly this is something that Carnival staff should handle.

People on vacation should not have to be the "idiot police".....

if Carnival staff moves it...THEN when Ms. StupidArrogantSlob comes back...you can look her straight in the eye and say..."what book (or shoe or towel or sunglasses)....I did not move a thing.... :)

agreed. let the staff handle it and enjoy your stress free cruise

A staff member is posted at the serenity lounge from the break of dawn. Anyone bringing stuff up at those hours is told to lie down or leave. Enforce it before it becomes unenforceable. Problem solved. Now where's my free cruise?

Archived