Adventure of the Seas Drydock - Any updates?

So Adventure of the Seas has been in drydock for about a week now. Has anyone heard or seen any updates on the progress?

I know there are a number of changes being made (addition of a kiddie pool area, adding a chops grille, etc) but I'm curious to know what else to expect in terms of general decor updates. The most recent RCL ships (Quantum class and Harmony) have have more muted earth tone interiors. Any guesses whether they'll make similar upgrades on Adventure.

I guess my question is, how much of the interior finishes and artwork actually get upgraded?

I fully expect they'll update the cabins with a color palate to match their newer ships. I'm just not sure how much they change in the public spaces.

I've been on Adventure twice before, it'll be really interesting to see her first hand after the drydock.

Sailing 11/26 and unfortunately just received this;

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

In the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, a devastating storm that affected the Bahamas, the country continues its recovery efforts. Our thoughts are with those affected by the storm.

Adventure of the Seas, the ship on which you’ve booked your vacation, is scheduled for renovation in Freeport, Bahamas during October and November. Due to extensive damage incurred at the shipyard and the global rerouting of cargo ships carrying equipment and materials, the original renovation plan has been modified.

In an effort to create the least amount of disruption to your vacation plans, Adventure of the Seas will re-enter service on November 14th, 2016 as originally planned. Throughout the ship, you will notice an updated design and décor, as well as newly renovated areas such as Boleros Latin lounge and the two-story mini golf course.

Unfortunately, the following features will not be available for your cruise:

• Dual Racer water slides

• FlowRider surf simulator

• Splashaway Bay kids’ aqua park

As part of the planned dining enhancements, Chops Grille will open early next year, while Izumi Japanese Cuisine will no longer be offered. In the meantime, Giovanni’s Table, already a guest-favorite onboard, will serve select Chops Grille menu items.

Please note that during your cruise you will see our teams continue their hard work to complete the ship’s new features.

In gratitude for your patience and understanding, we would like to offer you a 25% Future Cruise Credit based on the cruise fare paid. This certificate will be sent to your email address on file or mailed to your home. Please allow up to two weeks for all transactions to be processed.

We are committed to delivering the highest level of service and quality for which Royal Caribbean is known on your Adventure of the Seas vacation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

On the other hand, a future cruise credit of 25% is pretty nice. Considering the timing was due to a hurricane- which is not at all controllable.

We are sailing on her for New Years- I wonder if some of the changes will make it by then or not.

According to another source, they are also not going to be adding the new staterooms as planned, including the Panoramic Ocean View rooms. Anyone booked in those room (me) will be contacted by an agent and offered a free upgrade to a balocny room and $100 OBC.

That room is one of the things that I was looking forward to the most...

According to another source, they are also not going to be adding the new staterooms as planned, including the Panoramic Ocean View rooms. Anyone booked in those room (me) will be contacted by an agent and offered a free upgrade to a balocny room and $100 OBC.

That room is one of the things that I was looking forward to the most...

I feel your pain. I too would be very disappointed if I had a panoramic cabin and it was not ready for my sailing. They are incredible cabins. Being offered a free upgrade to a balcony may be nice for some, but I actually prefer the panoramic cabins. I wonder what they will offer the people in the panoramic family cabins? 2 or 3 balcony cabins to accommodate all 6 people?

Hope they had the materials and time to get to the staterooms for a refresh. I can do without the added restaurants and some of the other stuff. Really was hoping for room refreshes.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

Although I can't be upset about this, a lot of their dock workers were no doubt affected by the hurricane. Hopefully this gives them some nice overtime pay to help.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Forums mobile app

I am concerned that they will be working and making a:confused lot of noise during our cruise week of Dec 3rd.:confused:

Worries me too, I sail November 26th. I actually would have booked another cruise if I had known at the time it would be right after drydock since I've heard sometimes the ship isn't done in time & they're still working on it the first several sailings. Of course by the time I found out hotels & flights were already booked & it was a done deal. Oh well, I'm hoping for the best, will drink enough piña coladas to make anything fun & will take any future cruise discount they want to give me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sail November 19th and haven't received this email. Glad I check CC frequently or I wouldn't have known about this. Thanks to the person who posted this. I hope my email with this 25% off future cruise comes through!

Let me know when you get your email please. I'll do the same. Mother Nature

I sail November 19th and haven't received this email. Glad I check CC frequently or I wouldn't have known about this. Thanks to the person who posted this. I hope my email with this 25% off future cruise comes through!

We are on the 19th sailing as well. Looking forward to it, even with the setbacks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I called RC this evening to try and get my cabin changed. With us doing a B2B, I'm concerned about getting the same room for both cruises. They said that they are starting with cruises that are the closest out, and working from there. Those of you sailing in November should be getting a call in the next day or two. We're sailing in June, and I was told end of next week, at the earliest.

Here is a summary from the RCL blog with a few more details....

Royal Caribbean sent an email to travel partners, indicating that "extensive damage" at the Freeport, Bahamas shipyard, as well as the global rerouting of cargo ships carrying equipment and materials, have causes a delay in getting the new changes implemented on the ship. Several cargo ships carrying essential materials were forced to bypass Freeport to circumvent the storm and, in turn, continued their predetermined route.

Adventure of the Seas will still exit dry dock on November 14, as previously planned, to embark on its scheduled itineraries. Royal Caribbean was able to implement some of the changes as scheduled, such as updated design and décor, as well as newly renovated areas such as Boleros Latin lounge and the two-story mini golf course. However, there will be visible work going on during the next sailings.

Work will continue on the Dual Racer water slides, FlowRider and Splashaway Bay aqua park with a new opening date of December 10, 2016.

Chops Grille will now open early next year, while Izumi Japanese Cuisine is no longer part of the planned scope. Giovanni's Table, will offer select Chops Grille menu items until the steakhouse opens in early 2017.

The introduction of new staterooms is no longer possible at this time. Guests booked in these staterooms will be contacted by a representative from Royal Caribbean's Customer Service team to discuss re-accommodation options on the same sailing. Guests confirmed in a panoramic oceanview stateroom will be offered a complimentary upgrade to balcony accommodations and $100 OBC per stateroom to spend onboard.

All guests on Adventure of the Seas sailings departing November 14 - December 3, 2016 will be offered a 25% Future Cruise Credit based on the cruise fare paid.

The new timetable looks like this.

Available as of November 14, 2016

• Two story mini-golf course
  • Boleros Latin Lounge

Available as of December 10, 2016

• Dual Racer Water Slides
  • FlowRider
  • Splashaway Bay Aqua Park

Coming in Early 2017

• Chops Grille
  • Suite Lounge

Removed from renovation plans

• Izumi Japanese Cuisine

Here is a summary from the RCL blog with a few more details....

Royal Caribbean sent an email to travel partners, indicating that "extensive damage" at the Freeport, Bahamas shipyard, as well as the global rerouting of cargo ships carrying equipment and materials, have causes a delay in getting the new changes implemented on the ship. Several cargo ships carrying essential materials were forced to bypass Freeport to circumvent the storm and, in turn, continued their predetermined route.

Adventure of the Seas will still exit dry dock on November 14, as previously planned, to embark on its scheduled itineraries. Royal Caribbean was able to implement some of the changes as scheduled, such as updated design and décor, as well as newly renovated areas such as Boleros Latin lounge and the two-story mini golf course. However, there will be visible work going on during the next sailings.

Work will continue on the Dual Racer water slides, FlowRider and Splashaway Bay aqua park with a new opening date of December 10, 2016.

Chops Grille will now open early next year, while Izumi Japanese Cuisine is no longer part of the planned scope. Giovanni's Table, will offer select Chops Grille menu items until the steakhouse opens in early 2017.

The introduction of new staterooms is no longer possible at this time. Guests booked in these staterooms will be contacted by a representative from Royal Caribbean's Customer Service team to discuss re-accommodation options on the same sailing. Guests confirmed in a panoramic oceanview stateroom will be offered a complimentary upgrade to balcony accommodations and $100 OBC per stateroom to spend onboard.

All guests on Adventure of the Seas sailings departing November 14 - December 3, 2016 will be offered a 25% Future Cruise Credit based on the cruise fare paid.

The new timetable looks like this.

Available as of November 14, 2016

• Two story mini-golf course
  • Boleros Latin Lounge

Available as of December 10, 2016

• Dual Racer Water Slides
  • FlowRider
  • Splashaway Bay Aqua Park

Coming in Early 2017

• Chops Grille
  • Suite Lounge

Removed from renovation plans

• Izumi Japanese Cuisine

Thanks so much for the updates!! There is no mention if the existing rooms and suites received new updated bedding etc. I would love to know the answer to that if anyone happens to know. I suppose if not may have to wait till people start boarding to find out.