Enchantment and Hurricane Irma

dagunny

We came in a day early, our next B2B cancelled, but the Captain has graciously allowed anyone that can't get a flight or are stuck to stay on the ship. Awesome! Were staying on.

Are they staying in port or heading back to sea?

We managed to get our travel arrangements changed (thanks, RCL, for not charging for the ship-to-shore calls), including hotel stay on Thursday night instead of Friday, and flight out Friday night instead of Saturday morning. So, we braved the *ahem* "Express" line, and made it to our hotel.

Enjoy another night on the ship, though I'm not sure if the accommodation is gracious, or the least they could do.

Have to hand it to RCCL in turning a bad situation into a haven for those stranded. We've done turnaround and were back into our room around 8:30. There are long lines of RCCL families awaiting boarding. Melissa and Nadia (guest services) did a fantastic job of herding everyone on and off. Laura (Concierge) kept everyone informed and called each consecutive cruiser even late at night as plans changed often. Great job! More to come from the cruise that never was.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

We're headed south towards Cuba and the skipper said we will pass Key West at 10pm and have the wind behind us. Waves are currently 4-5 feet and the wind is picking up. Ship getting rocky just 1.5 hours out of Miami. RCCL site says we will be back Tuesday.

They put a call out for all consecutive cruisers to report to the Shore Excursion desk for room reassignment. They are over capacity with 3000+. Lines are long and wrapping around the Centrum with employees on the right side at Guest Services and so far A thru E at Excursions. Dining room is a buffet because it is a holding tank for unassigned guests with lots of luggage. It was a mad dash to force load all employees and worry about checkin later. We left around noon.

Lots. Theater was full with those wanting to stay, plus Coco Cay staff and families, plus their dance school, and employees and families. They are doing a great job managing. Many would never have had a chance for a cruise. I believe the most spoken language is Spanish. Still quite an adventure.

Lots. Theater was full with those wanting to stay, plus Coco Cay staff and families, plus their dance school, and employees and families. They are doing a great job managing. Many would never have had a chance for a cruise. I believe the most spoken language is Spanish. Still quite an adventure.

Does your earlier post mean that they are upgrading consecutive cruisers?

No. While we originally booked B2B, we opted earlier to stay on so we kept our JS. Many did not do so until the last minute and did not have cabins. They are trying to get rooms for everyone. They just called last names F and G. It's going to take a while.

They put a call out for all consecutive cruisers to report to the Shore Excursion desk for room reassignment. They are over capacity with 3000+. Lines are long and wrapping around the Centrum with employees on the right side at Guest Services and so far A thru E at Excursions. Dining room is a buffet because it is a holding tank for unassigned guests with lots of luggage. It was a mad dash to force load all employees and worry about checkin later. We left around noon.

I guess that explains why there was no activity on the top deck or promenade, people were busy figuring things out.

Containment in the lounges. They just gave free Internet and drinks to all. Ugh. Bandwidth was nice until the tweens and younger folk got on. At least the Concierge Lounge is still a card protected haven. A little bit of sanity. Ship getting quite shuttery. Weatherman Van Fleet says were headed out west and going to hide behind Cuba's mountains. See picture above.

Are they staying in port or heading back to sea?

the safest place for a ship is out at sea. In port a ship can be bashed to pieces against the pier. Many cruise ships came back early and then headed back out. Yesterday at noon the port cam in Miami showed an NCL ship heading out...seemed strange to see that at noon instead of 4 pm!

Our poor Concierge, Laura, was so stressed we got her a bag of stress-reliever Bailey's chocolates. Hopefully she is relaxing a bit. That is a job I would not want. The whole Guest Services team needs a vacation after this.

Good work! Give her hugs from all of her fans.