Discount for B2B

ChrisJH

My TA just told me X didn’t apply a $50 B2B discount to one of our consecutive sailings in January and is getting them to fix it. So, I’m wondering, is this something X offers for all B2B sailings or just in certain situations? If it doesn’t apply in all situations, is there an official X document somewhere that sets out the criteria for when the discount is available? That way I will know when I need to check to ensure the discount has been applied.

January 19, 29 and Feb 9 on Reflection so 10/11/10 nights.

You should receive $100 discount for the Jan 19th and 29th cruise and another $100 discount for the Jan. 29th and Feb. 9th cruise. You should also be invited to the Concierge Lunch in the MDR on turnaround day.

Thanks, Orator. When I saw the original reply from you, I knew I would get reliable info.:)

We have been on many B2B sailings and knew about the luncheon but were not aware of the discounts. Is this something relatively new? Also, back to my original question, do you know of a press release or some other document that provides details of the offer? I couldn't find anything on the X website although, based on past experience, I'm not sure why I thought I would find anything useful there!:rolleyes:

I wonder how this works if you book one leg and then later add another. Do you tell the booking agent for the second leg that, as it is a B2B, X should give a discount? Or does the discount only apply if you booked both cruises at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder how this works if you book one leg and then later add another. Do you tell the booking agent for the second leg that, as it is a B2B, X should give a discount? Or does the discount only apply if you booked both cruises at the same time?

I recently added a second leg to a Caribbean cruise. My TA contacted Celebrity and the discount was applied.

I was told twice by celebrity there was no B2B discount.

Thought I would just keep asking until I got a yes answer, but then when I got my booking confirmation the first cruise had a small B2B discount and the second one didnt. So I rang them and asked about a discount on the second cruise and a lesser amount was applied.

I would also like to know how the discount is determined as it seems not even the consultants know.

Yes, there is a b2b discount on each cruise...usually $50 for 7 to 9 days and $100 for 10 days or greater. You will not automatically receive it, you must request it either through your TA or through Celebrity if you booked with them. If the Celebrity agent insists it doesn't exist then call again until you find one that knows of it and is willing to acknowledge that you are entitled to it.

I ended up having to call Celebrity to get further information about the B2B discount. I was told the discount is only combinable with one other offer. Verbal information provided by Celebrity agents is notoriously unreliable so I am usually reluctant to accept it at face value without attempting to verify it from other sources. In this case however, the “only combinable with one other offer” limitation sounds plausible given that it applies to many Celebrity offers and discounts.

On the question of a document that confirm details, the Celebrity agent told me she was quoting from an internal document. She said the same document should be available to travel agents via the website they use for Celebrity reservations but it is not available to the general public.

Is this a new discount? I have taken b2b and never got any discount on Celebrity. On other lines, the b2b discounts are good. Celebrity has offered the lunch and free bag of laundry on some cruises. On some, there is nothing. The b2b change over does limit what you can do on the ship. Everyone has to checkin again and get a new seacard. On other lines, if you keep the same cabin and seacard, you don't have to checkin again. Given a choice, I try not to book b2b on Celebrity.

You guys are great! I never knew about the B2B discount. I have a B2B 4 day then 11 day on Reflection next month and contacted my TA after reading this thread. They don't give it on the short 4 day but they are refunding me $100 on the 11 day.

Thanks everyone!

We booked a 12 day on sillouette and weeks later book a 7 day before it. We received 50 credit on the 7 day and 100 for the 12 day. I did not ask the TA just informed when sending my bookings

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

These special discounts for making a B2B can be used together with other promotions?

Our case: We have a B2B in Silhouette March 2019, first leg 9 nights and second leg 12 nights. When we made the reservations we received the $ 200 summer discount and the GO BIG promo free gratuities on each reservation.

• 2 months later...

Just called my TA to ask for the discount for our Silhouette B2B and Eclipse B2B2B.

MX Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Cruises. these discounts are not offered :loudcry:

Different countries different rules

Edited by gerelmx

Have never received a B2B discount and we have done at least one a year for the past 6 years. But we have always gotten more than we bargained for so not complaints here.

Most recent booking ended up with first leg booked with X 2nd leg with a TA, price dropped so we were able to upgrade from a SS1 to CS for no money and they added an additional $300 OBC.

Chris: Thanks for posting this! I called my TA(s) and received $200 total of OBC added on to our upcoming B2B.....I only vaguely remembered this perk. Thanks again friend for reminding me!!!! Hope you and Marie had a great cruise.....:)

I don't think we received any extra discount for this for the cruises we booked for next February which are both on the Silhouette so will be visiting my TA.

Typically we do b2b but on different ships. We usually do the Eclipse for 2 weeks, disembark in Miami and then embark on the Silhouette in Fort Lauderdale, although this year both ships are in Miami. Should that qualify for the B2B discount? .

ChrisJH - we are B2B2B with you on the Reflection.

We booked these while we were on our Transpacific early last year on the Explorer of the Seas.

Prices were stupid absurd (so much so that my DH nearly pitched a fit on board) but we did get $175 OBC from Celebrity for each cruise.

Plus we got our two offers with paid gratuities and $300 OBC. (Oceanview rather than Balcony because those prices on board were even worse than stupid absurd.)

Went back to my TA and their group prices were anywhere from 50% to 32% cheaper than what the Next Cruise desk charged us!! Only thing is that we had to pay the full deposit.

And my TA applied the $100 B2B credit to EACH cruise and gave additional OBC.

Pays to have a good TA!!