Carnival Splendor Mexico cruise - airport question

pianoetudes

Hi all. I am sailing with Carnival Splendor in January 2019 from Long Beach, CA to Mexico (Saturday to Saturday).

Does anyone know why the ship debarkation is 9 am? In my previous cruises, usually the ship arrives earlier than 9 am. The reason is I am planning to book a flight from LAX at 11.45 am.

If we debark as early as 7 am, we can easily reach LAX far before 11.45. But 9 am debarkation, do I have enough time?

Thanks.

We have been on that cruise and the first folks off the ship(just before us) were off by 8-8:30. The ship will arrive earlier but debarkation doesn't start the moment the ship arrives. I have no idea what time your cruise is scheduled to dock? NO one has ever been off at 7! The ship may arrive at 7 but it takes a while for procedures to take place to clear the ship. I would not expect to be off earlier than 9 unless you have FTTF or plat or diamond and are carrying your own luggage off.

LAX is a good 45 min drive without traffic so I'd not book a flight until at least 12:30.

We have been on that cruise and the first folks off the ship(just before us) were off by 8-8:30. The ship will arrive earlier but debarkation doesn't start the moment the ship arrives. I have no idea what time your cruise is scheduled to dock? NO one has ever been off at 7! The ship may arrive at 7 but it takes a while for procedures to take place to clear the ship. I would not expect to be off earlier than 9 unless you have FTTF or plat or diamond and are carrying your own luggage off.

LAX is a good 45 min drive without traffic so I'd not book a flight until at least 12:30.

I beg to differ. We were on the Splendor last month, 2nd week of May. The ship was berthed in Long Beach by 6am.

By 7am they were already letting people off, those who chose self-disembarkation and could carry off their own luggage.

We were on Splendor back to Long Beach on May 5. disembarkation start time may have been early, but by the time our deck was called it was close to 11am. (We carried our own luggage). By the time we boarded a bus...had to wait a bit for one.....drove to LAX, and got to our airline, it was around 1 pm.

Then, going thru the craziness of Customs (International to Canada). Our flight was at 5pm and we really didn’t have as much extra time waiting around as I had thought.

I was so glad we hadn’t booked the 2:30 flight that our Carnival PVP suggested.

We are platinum and before that had FTTF and/or a suite.

We cruise out of Long Beach at least once a year. We were often the very first people off the ship but never at 7AM!

If that has happened to others then you are lucky but I'd not expect it!

Hi all. I am sailing with Carnival Splendor in January 2019 from Long Beach, CA to Mexico (Saturday to Saturday).

Does anyone know why the ship debarkation is 9 am? In my previous cruises, usually the ship arrives earlier than 9 am. The reason is I am planning to book a flight from LAX at 11.45 am.

If we debark as early as 7 am, we can easily reach LAX far before 11.45. But 9 am debarkation, do I have enough time?

Thanks.

They start around 7 am.

IF the ship is on time.

And IF the Customs officers arrive on time and don't have any problems clearing the ship for debarkation.

And IF there aren't any mechanical problems with the gangway.

And IF there aren't any mechanical problems with the gangway.

We were on the Splendor the 1st time it was in Long Beach, and for some reason, the gangway couldn't connect to the ship. We didn't start to debark until after 11am.

I'm booked for the November 3, 2018 sailing, returning to Long Beach on November 10. I have flight from Long Beach airport(Southwest Airlines)at 12:10pm to Las Vegas. Will I be okay?
I think cruise Port to LB Airport is not far

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Sometimes debarkation starts early. We’ve seen it start (Diamond Self Assist) as early as 8:15 and as late as 9:30. Never know what CBP will decide. The new CBP process in the Dome is a pain to do these days.

Add to that, you never know what will be happening on our freeways. Also, LAX is one of the airports that you do need the full two hours, TSA is very unpredictable these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm booked for the November 3, 2018 sailing, returning to Long Beach on November 10. I have flight from Long Beach airport(Southwest Airlines)at 12:10pm to Las Vegas. Will I be okay?

You should be fine leaving out of LGB then. It’s a very small airport.

Thanks.

Take your flight itinerary to Guest Services so you can get an early number to disembark or you can also do self assist.

We were just on the Splendor in March and unless you had priority disembarkation (ie. FTTF, Platinum, Suite, Diamond etc) they no longer give you a random disembarkation number in your mailbox. On the last sea day they put all the numbers by the coffee shop. They started at 6 and went up into the 20's (maybe even 30's). The 6's were snapped up immediate and 6-10 gone super fast. We had priority disembarkation but I remember when we were waiting they said the passengers with early flights were being taken off first which makes sense.

So, I will turn Platinum on our Feb. cruise from Long Beach. If I have priority disembarking, will I be given different tags or do I still need to go claim them the night before?

Edited by CRUZN-IS-FUN
updated signature to show new cruise

So, I will turn Platinum on our Feb. cruise from Long Beach. If I have priority disembarking, will I be given different tags or do I still need to go claim them the night before?

A day or two before the end of the cruise you will be given numbered tags in your cabin along with a letter as to where to meet for disembarkation.

Edited by Rosefloater